Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I think blizz needs to add raid attunements again, like with MC. That was one of the cool things about EQ and getting attuned for raids.
    And the feature that killed Wildstar. Did you like that to run KR you had to complete the achievement which could take like 2 weeks if you were late to the party?

I like the idea of attunement, but something similar to UBRS, with a bit of an exception. Items drop in normal and above, and will be there everything. That means if you're in a PUG, you can get it. I like the idea of having to build something, like the Onyxia cloak or the seal of ascension. Having 5-6 different pieces you need and they drop from different dungeons.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Patch 8.3 features old gods. Part of this includes Insanity. Wrathion gives us a cloak to reduce Insanity gains, which is a mechanic not only in the outdoor fights, but also the raid itself. By ranking up the cloak, the wearer gains becomes better protected from Insanity and therefore bosses in the raid.

Moving forward, do you guys think this is going to be a common theme among raids? A "grinded" item that is specific to a specific raid that forces time involvement to speed up the raid?

P.S. This all seems a lot like Nazjatar ally grinding to me, forced time gating.
    This isn't a soft attunement. Back in the day we just called it gearing up. From observations and testing, it certainly looks like a higher cloak will make fights easier, but nowhere does it look like the cloak is a forced requirement. There's a clear distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Patch 8.3 features old gods. Part of this includes Insanity. Wrathion gives us a cloak to reduce Insanity gains, which is a mechanic not only in the outdoor fights, but also the raid itself. By ranking up the cloak, the wearer gains becomes better protected from Insanity and therefore bosses in the raid.

Moving forward, do you guys think this is going to be a common theme among raids? A "grinded" item that is specific to a specific raid that forces time involvement to speed up the raid?

P.S. This all seems a lot like Nazjatar ally grinding to me, forced time gating.
    There will only be a "grind" should you decide to get way higher level of the cloak than allowed for a given week by the soft cap of sorts, at least that's my understanding. It's the same as with islands. Some people keep crying that you are forced to do islands...and yes, that is true, you are forced to do 3 per week. Other than that it's just your min-maxing that you are free to pursue, but you don't have to.

So the cloak is basically nothing more as a buff that increases with time, making the raid easier as weeks and months go by. This is pretty much the same thing we've seen in many raids in the past. You don't even need to go too far into the past, in Uldir we had these titan stacks or whatever it was. Each week you got more, essentially providing a steadily growing raid nerf.

And I think it's way cooler to have a special item that you upgrade, than just having a buff that increases every week, like in ICC for example.

Attunements can go die in a fire... or, the people longing for them always have Classic.

What they did right, was the Suramar lead-up in story content and world building. Also, account-wide is a must. Give more of that, by all means.