Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its about time we go back to a fully determenistic system. Abort Forging and gem slots. Bis gear should be transparant and final when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Ever explored the idea that people who are content creators for a game means that they ENJOY said game, and its a bad thing that they want said game to become better?`LOTS of ppl who want WoW to become better, id come back to wow in a heartbeat if 9.0 is good.
    No one cares what you’d do. He’s saying YouTube scum does this near universally, It isn’t up for debate

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    And yet people complained about WoD because there was too little to do.
    Yeah but that doesn't mean it's OK to be kept busy just for the sake of keeping us busy even though we hate everything about it....zero logic in this comparison.

The game is busy, not complicated, just needlessly busy and easy to lose interest in. There are much more interesting and straightforward ways to keep us busy like what ClassicRemastered mentions in his last post before he got banned.
    Last edited by Drdragon; 2019-10-29 at 12:06 PM.

Simple design is okay. But simple design with no new systems is suicide for 15 year old game. So I’m not sure I agree with Preachs premise. Or at least not the way the OP is selling it
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2019-10-29 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    And yet people complained about WoD because there was too little to do.
    If only there was something in between having nothing to do at all and having grinds upon grinds upon grinds with some more grinds added with each patch.
    Real shame that we just happen to live in a world where we can't just live in some kind of... center... instead of derping from extreme to extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Sometimes I just want gear to be rare, and that's it. I don't want titanforging, corrupted, benthic, azerite, all this crap.

There's a dozen different currencies for each expansion instead of just a handful at max level. I'd rather log on, play for 2-3 hours, and log off than have too much to do and never feel like I can take a break. That's the unfortunate state of BFA, and a huge reason why I don't even bother with the BFA content.
    same here it got to the point i couldn't even remotely keep up so why bother.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I have to agree with what he said in the video and is mostly the reason that has driven me away from wow, at least from any kind of serious commitement to it.

What i feel when looking at retail wow is that they don't have even an inch of respect for my time. I'm fine having to invest time to get something and even having certain degree of luck involved in getting something, that's what can keep me playing the game, but they went so far with so many systems that you don't really know what your are getting, how good it is or how long will it take to achieve your goal.

It looks like a gearing system designed for a different game. Things like azerite traits, benthic traits, corrupted gear, even gem slots are the kind of things that would work fine if we had gear dropping everywhere like in an ARPG and all that gear the same ilvl no matter the source of it. But that's not the case.

I miss two things: finite realistic farms, alternatives to RNG; Weekly caps for certain grinds, things like valor points to upgrade or buy gear, the ability to directly control some aspects of those systems in a realistic way. Respect your customer's time, give them something to set as a goal and have RNG act as the lucky push towards that goal rather than the main way to get there.

That's what i love about FFXIV, the whole game has of duplicity in how you can get things and deterministic goals:
    I can go kill a primal to get a weapon and maybe i'm lucky and it drops, but if it doesn't, each kill will give me an item and with 10 of those items i can directly buy any weapon. I know that each week i can get 450 "valor points", i know that the piece of gear i want cost 825 "valor points"... i can do that simple math with every gearslot and idea of how long it will take.

And while classic wow is not exactly the same, they do share the basic principle and that's where i think retail wow should return: simple systems, realistic alternatives, and high end progression systems like AP, not attached to gear.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

This has to do with blizzards obsession with trying to control player progress.

Theyve done this by mainly limit rewards to one per day or one per week oriented rewards. The consequence of this is that it becomes an annoyance to everyone because the pace blizzard has set becomes the expected pace for everyone. Leading to players feeling forced to log in each day to do their "chores" to not fall permanently behind (because theres no way to catch up on these things, if you missed one day of nazjatar dailys that means you were 1 day later than the rest of the guild to get that specific essence upgraded).

So on one side you have the hardcore crowd who hates how their progress is being limited. On the other side you have the players who perhaps dont wanna play wow like it was their second job feeling forced to log on and do their chores...

I can see two possible solutions to this. The first and obvious one being that blizzard stops trying to micromanage players progress.

The other solution being a catchup system where players can do the daily quests repeatedly until theyve cought up with the server gated global pace.

Myself im ofc in favor of the 1st alternative. I never felt burned out in legion, i had a blast. For me, legion is probably the expansion ive played the most wow in since tbc or vanilla. There was so much to do
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-10-29 at 02:12 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Listening to him “explain” the systems of BFA really did bring me over to his side.
    It’s madness at this point.

too much, too many etc.

sry for those who feel overwhelmed by WoWs too many "systems", y dont u play a game more suitable for ur age? like Pong?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What you and Preach really don'
    t get is that what you hate, many other players love. Basically what you are saying is "Blizzard needs to make the game exactly the way I want because I am the only one who matters".

It's time for you to realize you are not the the only one playing the game. Your preach worship makes me take you even less seriously.
    i havent met a single person who likes grinding ap, islands, warfonts, azerite or benthic gear just so they can raid lmfao. the entire point is that these are REQUIRED GRINDS to be competitive or even effective for high end content. or the fact that you are all but required to use raidbots to figure out which gear you should equip. it'd be one thing if this was all optional, but it isn't and that's an indisputable fact, not an opinion.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2019-10-29 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    i havent met a single person who likes grinding ap, azerite or benthic gear lmfao
    The guys who defend blizzard will always make it seem like there are people who actually enjoy or even go to the extent of using the word "love" try to and persuade the naive that this is how games like wow should be designed in order to save blizzard's face....so much bigotry and double standards, no way that blizz devs play their own game, no way.

Sometimes i get the feeling they are blizz employees.

Sometimes I just want gear to be rare, and that's it. I don't want titanforging, corrupted, benthic, azerite, all this crap.

There's a dozen different currencies for each expansion instead of just a handful at max level. I'd rather log on, play for 2-3 hours, and log off than have too much to do and never feel like I can take a break. That's the unfortunate state of BFA, and a huge reason why I don't even bother with the BFA content.
    But... thats literally the state of BfA right now. I am a mythic raider and I stopped getting gear upgrades over a month ago. And even then it was just the Inkpod Trinket vom Gorgonzola. Nothing that could be really farmed.
    There is basically nothing to do on a main character for a long time in BfA now. The only time where I felt really pressured to do stuff was when I needed to get the third essense slot to ease our Ashvane progress, but THIS particular case felt like something I could target perfectly and work towards. I knew exactly when I would be done with it.
    Many of my gear pieces were already confirmed or completed before the new raid opened (Benthic gear, heart of Azeroth, Benthic pieces). There were so few things to persue and those things only dropped in very specific content (read: mythic raids or with much luck and titanforge in heroic raids) that I started to play multiple alts and gear them the same way so that they were mythic ready.

I don't know, IMO there is no such thing as "too much to do", only "not enough". And "not enough" is exactly the case that we have now.

i havent met a single person who likes grinding ap, islands, warfonts, azerite or benthic gear [...]
    Well, I do. Atleast to an extent.

Most people I've met are either do not care or are not bothered by it, but of course on fansites, forums or on youtube everybody everybody acts as if this is terrible and oh so different from the olden days, where we had to farm stuff, too.

Is it more stuff nowadays? Maybe, doesn't mean it's bad.

There are enough people that play only one character seriously and no, not everybody is a raider competing for the world first. Even if apparently enough people think they are.

You guys give this character way too much attention.

Way more than he deserves for just talking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    Well, I do. Atleast to an extent.

Most people I've met are either do not care or are not bothered by it, but of course on fansites, forums or on youtube everybody everybody acts as if this is terrible and oh so different from the olden days, where we had to farm stuff, too.

Is it more stuff nowadays? Maybe, doesn't mean it's bad.

There are enough people that play only one character seriously and no, not everybody is a raider competing for the world first. Even if apparently enough people think they are.
    re-read my post

This is exactly how I was playing BFA with no issues. Even when Pathfinder 2 were released this is how much I played every day and unlocked it after 2-3 weeks, first in my guild.

Using your time well is key. If you spend hours just doing dungeons because that's what you like ofc you will be behind in other type of content. No different than me taking the left path in any other game and then be surprised I have 0 progress on the right path. That's how all games work.

re-read my post
    Sure, edit your post 4-5 times to not sound completly stupid, but my point still stands.

This was a good video by Preach. I think his assessment is fair and accurate. I do hope he gets a chance to sit down with Ion and talk about the game. I think he'd do a far better job than Taliesin, as much as I love their channel and the content they put out I do think they're far too lenient with Blizzard

For this bald snob the game is only about raiding and nothing else