Casual PvP Class

For those who intend to play Classic casually (I’ll define that that as 5-10 hours per week with inconsistent availability/playtime) how would you rank the viability of each class with easily attainable gear (eg. engineering, quest rewards, 5-mans, pvp rewards)?

Ultimately, I’ll be choosing the class I enjoy playing the most, but I do derive a certain amount of enjoyment in being competitive/viable in PVP. I’m not looking for something easy… far from it. I’d absolutely play a class with a high skill cap or learning curve, where I get wrecked until I learn to play, as long as the determining factor is primarily skill and ingenuity, rather than gear.

Thanks for any input!

mage, hunter, warlock and rogue, maybe shadow priest, are the least gear dependant for pvp. Obviously it helps with gear but you’re not screwed if you dont have any, like Warriors are.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Rybann View Post

Ultimately, I’ll be choosing the class I enjoy playing the most
    You answered your own question. Help me choose threads are impossible, simply because at the end of the day, its entirely subjective what you will enjoy. I dont mean this in a wanky way, im just saying play what you enjoy. Personally, i would rather be shit on a class i enjoy Vs high numbers on a class i dont. If you were talking retail and high end pvp, thats a different discussion, but this is classic, and you are by your own admission very casual, so enjoyment surely comes first.

Mage.

here are extra words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter, always hunter. Since classic to live its been the defacto ez PvP class

They're not as gear dependent as other classes simply the mechanics of the class give them an edge over the competition. Can have a higher skill ceiling especially in classic if you start getting tricky with your traps/pet mechanics.