Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Because people using very bad arguments when they are vehemently against something happening for personal reasons.

Every class has shared/overlapped themes with other classes. Its inevitable when the game only has 3 primary roles.

They could very easily create a truly unique class with necromancer. They could focus on casting abilities through pets, they could allow you to actually take control of your pet and essentially "play" as it, they can have the first true multi-pet class that isn't reliant on CDs or procs to get more than one pet out.

There is even a logic to making necro the first cloth-based tank spec, by either having pets "tank" or by having the necro tank and utilizing his minions to protect him, as a sort of "bone armor"
    i wuld rather say survival hunter goes back to ranged and bm becoms meele and tank as a true rexxar based spec that meens pet will tank
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-11-01 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    I never said I was perfect. I'm emotionally invested in pretty much everything around me. If they add tinkers, I am going to have to skip this expansion altogether.
    Fair enough. IF they add them let’s see how they work it in. That’s what I’m interested in seeing.

Who knows maybe we need them to rip a portal to the Shadowlands big enough to put an army through that doesn’t involve killing everyone. Maybe Bolvar is the key to that. I don’t know... I’m just putting it out there. Let’s all just wait a few hours and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Isn't that wrong? We got them in Legion's last patch. So, technically, they were part of Legion, not BFA.
    As BFA pre-order bonuses, ergo, BFA content. Weren't Demon Hunters the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by the-italian-warrior View Post
    Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers
    I agree! Come ooooon Necromancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    i wuld rather say survival hunter goes back to ranged and bm becoms meele and tank as a true rexxar based spec that meens pet will tank
    Id just be happy to see a spec called survival focus on nature-y stuff. instead of grenades throw a bee hive that leaves a poison instead of a burn

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As BFA pre-order bonuses, ergo, BFA content. Weren't Demon Hunters the same?
    Demon hunters were only a few weeks early and not until the pre-expansion patch, those allied races were released 7.5 months early completely during Legion.

They are definitely BfA content in the monetary sense that you had to pay for BfA to get them, but they were effectively released in Legion as components to the story in Legion, hence requiring Legion reps and 0 playtime in BfA content (not even in specialized starting zones like blood elves, draenei, worgen, goblins, pandas, DK, or DH that were part of the pre-expansion patches or expansions themselves).

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    But the theme is death, not dragons!!!!

If having a side area like Dragon Isles allows Dragonsworn, I'm not sure how they couldn't have Tinkers come out with robotics as a side theme.
    Well, it would be more than just a side theme, I think. With Bolvar's return, the Dragonflights would more than likely come into play not just due to their history with the Scourge and the Lich King - seeing as though Alexstrasza is literally responsible for Bolvar's current state - but the fact that they're literally on Bolvar's front lawn in the form of Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.

Their involvement in a Bolvar xpac would be pretty inevitable, so I feel like Dragonsworn wouldn't be too out of left field in that situation

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    1.Mechagon and Mechagnomes.
    2.Gazlowe's abilities from Heroes of the Storm (where he is portrayed as a Tinker) wound up in his Island Expedition team's abilities, and they all had level requirements.
    3.Gazlowe replaced Gallywix as leader of the Goblins. Gazlowe hinted at potentially working with the Gnomes in Mechagon.
    4.Mekkatorque became a raid boss in his mech, and (I suppose) unified the Gnomes and Mechagnomes.
    5.Multiple NPCs including IE Gazlowe displayed mech-based mechanics that were new for BFA.
    6.New Goblin mech model (AMOD/GMOD)
    7.Motherlode and the retaking of Kezan

We'll know in a few hours if any of that meant anything.
    Ah, cool. So no hard evidence BUT significantly more presence recently than in previous expansions (where they've always been around but very much in the background). More excited for them than Necro or Dark Ranger, but we'll see if it's any of those, or a new class at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Well, it would be more than just a side theme, I think. With Bolvar's return, the Dragonflights would more than likely come into play not just due to their history with the Scourge and the Lich King - seeing as though Alexstrasza is literally responsible for Bolvar's current state - but the fact that they're literally on Bolvar's front lawn in the form of Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.

Their involvement in a Bolvar xpac would be pretty inevitable, so I feel like Dragonsworn wouldn't be too out of left field in that situation
    Honestly, nothing is out of left field. I don't particularly care for Tinker, and love the Necro/Dragonsworn idea. But Necro and Dark Ranger are too close to other classes, and the Dragonsworn, at least with the suggestions I've seen, seems too messy.

I also agree that Dragon Isles or something like it is likely, sometime. But With the recent introduction of Mechagon, and with how Blizzard has been transitioning right from the end of one xpac to another, I could also see Tinker related something happening to bridge the gap.

45 mins until Tinkers are not announced! HYPED.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    It actually is: Another example is Destruction Warlock is only a Fire Mage with more primeval fire damage tabbed through the twisting nether. But in the end it's still nearly the same as a fricking fire mage.

So why can't necromancer exist just because Death Knights can summon a fricking ghoul? Sorry, but it is actually the same.
    Its not, at all? Fire Mages and Destro Locks are completely different culturally, personality wise, how they use magic, motivation, aesthetic ...

That isn't true for Necromancers and DKs. Even if you just wanted to talk purely abilities, many of a Necromancers spells would be covered by Locks or Dks.

Whats that? Their armor would probably be darkly colored with bones on it? Hmm, sounds familiar.

Don't pretend to be dense. Paladins and Priests are vastly different, and have only a few things in common... They both use holy magic? Okay? Almost everything else would be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Yeah, I've not been getting CE for countless years now. Sit down boy, stop embarassing yourself.

Introducing tinkers may please few hundred of posters here, but it would destroy wow raiding and dungeon world. More then half of my guild will quit wow the day tinkers come to life as a playable class. It doesn't work in wow atmosphere. A guy tanking as a bear, priest healing with holy spells, dude throwing blizzards, another ones throwing fire or nature shit, dh uses meta, and alongside of them, wait for it... A guy with a freaking rocket launcher.
    I don't think you'd have or you would realize how completely wrong you are. WoW has always been about "silly mumbo jumbo" as you put it...it has always had a cartoony side to it...

Tell me how introducing Tinker to WoW would destroy raiding and dungeons? I'm waiting....any time now! Before we're all dead! That's right because you can't. More than half your guild will quit? I hardly believe that

Once again proving you've never even played or seen WoW in your entire life. WoW is full of stuff like tanks...bombs...missiles...hell the Goblin Racial involves a firing a rocket at someone or a rocket boost.

You've proven one of two things...either you're incredibly biased and filled with such a hate for Tinker that you'll lie through your teeth because you hate it so much or that you have never seen World of Warcraft play out at all...not a video...not a stream...nothing.

Its not, at all? Fire Mages and Destro Locks are completely different culturally, personality wise, how they use magic, motivation, aesthetic ...

That isn't true for Necromancers and DKs. Even if you just wanted to talk purely abilities, many of a Necromancers spells would be covered by Locks or Dks.

Whats that? Their armor would probably be darkly colored with bones on it? Hmm, sounds familiar.

Don't pretend to be dense. Paladins and Priests are vastly different, and have only a few things in common... They both use holy magic? Okay? Almost everything else would be different.
    Sorry, but bigger bullshit is never spoken: PALADINS ARE PRIESTS WHO WALKED ANOTHER PATH WHEN THE SILVER HAND WAS CREATED. Paladins and Priests are FAR FAR CLOSER THAN DK AND NECROMANCER WILL EVER BE. Heck, originally even Paladins and Death Knights are closer. Sorry but no. But we see in a few minutes what will come.

What a surprise! Tinkers didn't happen! Wow.

No Dark Rangers either.

Surprising to say the least.

I'm more surprised there's no new class at all.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

No, answer the questions I had, or admit defeat.
    We know nothing about the next expac

How bout that basion leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Wow. I'm rather disappointed that there's no new class. Hell, I would have even taken Dark Ranger.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm more surprised there's no new class at all.
    Is there any precedent to announce a class post opening ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Enjoy your new subraces. They wont be in at launch of course but 3 patches later they should playable.
    Maybe not. Half the playerbase might not have to wait for the alliance's completely new (from a technical standpoint) race to be finished.