Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    You misunderstand. Sure we will be Nephalem, but not the D3 Nephalem.
    Oh yeah right, i agree on that, we *shouldnt* be the D3 Nephalem.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Does anyone really think D4 will be better than path of exile lol?
    Might end up being a personal preference sort of thing for some. I don't enjoy playing PoE, so it's going to be pretty easy for me to enjoy D4 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Sounds nice! If i can't play feral in Classic WoW because of retarded tryhards, at least i will be able to play it in Diablo solo. Sounds good to me
    Can't play cat in Diablo doe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Can't play cat in Diablo doe.
    How do you know? D4 might let Druids be cats.

Not cool. Must be werewolf and werebear!

As long as they build on the skill system of D3 and don't go back to the horrendous D2 style, and stay away from potion popping.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd roll a druid just to be a cat in that case

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    In terms of what? I like the class flexibility and the flavors of the seasons but that's about it. That skill tree is garbage, it looks awful, and it is clunky as fuck. Not to mention boring as fuck to get to the end game where everyone tells me it gets good. Last time I tried on the Delve season, I finished what I thought was the slog, inky to end back on the original beach and have to go through all that shit once more before getting to the end.

Say what you will about D3, at least you can get to endgame rather quickly and it is butterly smooth. I do hope that take some pointers from PoE and the like though.
    even PoE's boring story shit is better then anything D3 has to offer .. i mean cmon uhh u can reach rifts faster wow such quality content when the rest of the game is shit well some people rly don't need much from an AAA title which was once considered the best arpg franchise out there and is now a laughing stock pile of garbage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not that i think dablo 3 is great but teeth kicked in? Its sold 30 million as of 4 years ago so who knows how much more its sold by now
    ya it sold that much because of its Name not how good the game is ... why do people still come up with that argument UNITS SOLD MUST MEAN ITS BEST GAME OMFG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    D3 is, so it wouldn't be a high set bar.
    lol what in d3 is better then PoE? like nothing the only thing i would agree on is that even without sets etc gameplay is smooth where in PoE u need some kind of AS/MS to start feeling smooth but other than that D3 is garbage

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'd roll a druid just to be a cat in that case
    Would be nice. I still want to play a gambler. Or at the very least a bard.

personally id like more versitility in D4 when it comes to classes, i loved the items in 3 and how it could change/enhance your build significantly, i didnt like the number game they played, felt to japanese mobile idle game to me, number reaching high into the millions, but i looked past that, i hated they actually made everything lighter aswell, gimme back my darker grittier diablo!!, (now that i think about it i shouldve just toned down my screens to make everything darker, o well)

more variety in classes, less numbers upon numbers, give us back stat allocation!!!!!!!!!! give us actual builds, not, i use this skill with this rune, then use 5 skills that just augment my character so i only have to use this 1 skill over and over, give us the deep dark rich world, id love to see some lore we can actually play, like taking part in the sin war!!!

i can only dream, as someone that has played diablo on and off for more then 10 years now, i hope they give me back what drew me to diablo in the first place <3

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    D3 is better than PoE imo, so I don't think they have to try hard to reach that goal.
    ya sure in your dreams maybe .. everyone with a brain knows PoE is far better than that pile of shit that is somehow named after the legendary Diablo 2 your expectations for the diablo franchise must be really low if you like D3 besides maybe the gameplay smoothnes since D3 offers nothing else .. no content in like 5 years besides xxx% dmg boost yay and a paid necro dlc

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    ya sure in your dreams maybe .. everyone with a brain knows PoE is far better than that pile of shit that is somehow named after the legendary Diablo 2 your expectations for the diablo franchise must be really low if you like D3 besides maybe the gameplay smoothnes since D3 offers nothing else .. no content in like 5 years besides xxx% dmg boost yay and a paid necro dlc
    Imagine being a PoE fan, LOL. Shitty d2 rip off that is overly complex for no good reason. In the name of "customization", LOL. As if there isnt a few select paths and items that are viable anyway.

See how anyone can do this about anything.

I played PoE and a new player coming into it that far into the games existence is not friendly, most people do not enjoy potion popping that have played D3, there is not going back to that style of play, potion popping constantly is poor game design period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Really, becasue it was all just endless Baal runs and farming for runewords. Pretty much the same as GRs with less variety IMO.
    Most people don't really care about the endgame, heck I never reached the endgame in d2. I never even played on Nightmare, I finished the story on the first difficulty and then started again with another class. That's how most people will experience the game too. So balancing it around end-game is a shit model. Sure the end game should be nice but not the only thing the game offers. You need good content for the casual gamer that will only ever play the story mode once and then shelf the game.

For me D3 is a lot more fun than PoE. I really can't stand the clunky gameplay. On paper it seems perfect, but playing it just feels wrong. Tried it a few times. I hope D4 is a mix of what was best from D2 and D3 and something new and fresh,.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Barbarians are pretty crucial and a large part of the Diablo lore. They aren’t going anywhere.
    they even put the D3 barb onto the promo poster, so that one is pretty much a confirmed class

10+ Year Old Account
    O nu, the "game that has no revenue outside of box sales has no new content outside of some small free updates and a paid DLC" argument again... And the only thing PoE is better than D3 at is monetizing themselves. Honestly I tried to like that game, tried to play it in 3 different seasons and I never got farther than lvl 40. Didn't even finish the main story, it's just fucking boring and overly complex for no real reason other than to be complex. There are no meaningful choices to be made in that shitty talent tree, that you can't make in diablo 3 with their rune system. And don't get me started about itemziation lol. Getting a legendary at level 50 that is best in slot for a build is shitty itemization in my book, not a +, you're basically locked to that item for the rest of the game. so exciting.

Oh my bad. I'll go force myself to have fun in PoE then. /s

But if you want an actual answer to why I dislike the game rather than antagonize me further here's a list:

- Horribly unfriendly to new players.
    - Literal one skill spam is the focus of all builds. At least with D3, there are opportunities to break out of that mold.
    - Generally accepted that its better to reroll a character than to respec one.
    - Stash tabs are bought with real money. And I'm a hoarder by nature.
    - Path of Exile looks ugly to me. Like really ugly. Hate the UI design, and hate the aesthetic.
    - Clunky combat

By all means disagree with any of the above. I ain't stopping you. But this is why I hate it.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2019-10-31 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Oh my bad. I'll go force myself to have fun in PoE then. /s

But if you want an actual answer to why I dislike the game rather than antagonize me further here's a list:

- Horribly unfriendly to new players.
    - Literal one skill spam is the focus of all builds. At least with D3, there are opportunities to break out of that mold.
    - Generally accepted that its better to reroll a character than to respec one.
    - Stash tabs are bought with real money. And I'm a hoarder by nature.
    - Path of Exile looks ugly to me. Like really ugly. Hate the UI design, and hate the aesthetic.
    - Clunky combat

By all means disagree with any of the above. I ain't stopping you. But this is why I hate it.
    Game is just overly complicated. Diablo 3 is way better. Has more charm too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't know why people keep asking for a darker game. If you mean dark as in gory and evil then I don't know if I would enjoy the game as much. If you mean dark as in low lighting then that sounds terrible. Light radius was the worst thing and I really hope that doesn't come back. I dislike not being able to see my surroundings.
    honestly. diablo 3 was so dark gamma had to be turned up all the way just to see what was happening.
    My name is what makes me so manly.