Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The expansion is looking fucking good, I don't know what some of you are on, really. Plus, we still haven't seen everything in detail, so wait for the new panel. My only hope is that they will keep adding new races, but I can see 'more customization options' replacing allied races altogether, I say to myself it will be fine if I get a vampiric skin, but honestly, it will be shit compared to having a fully fledged allied race with new sounds etc. So, yeah, kinda disappointed about that, and mark my words, there will be no more allied races, especially any covenant ones.

As for new classes, come on, take a look at how impossible it is to balance, especially in PvP nowadays. I, for one, don't want more classes, just balance the current ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukachu View Post
    Sylvanas is infused with power right now.

Don't people pay attention to the game they play anymore?
    They never did. A lot of people just skip all mission text and later ask "WTF is going on? Nothing makes sense"

Lul i love coming to these threads based off the title and seeing OP is banned everytime. Always makes me chuckle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Four zones sucks, but thank god for no class or race. Current races need customisation improvements way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    As for new classes, come on, take a look at how impossible it is to balance, especially in PvP nowadays. I, for one, don't want more classes, just balance the current ones.
    The game has never been balanced, and will never be.

Might as well have fun with it and introduce a new class that actually changes how you interact with most of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Class design is in the gutters and you people want them to add another one to the pile just cause why not?
    Fixing tings that are broken, especially things that their design decisions broke, should be done in patches, not as paid expansion features.

I mean Legion introduced Demon Hunter, revamps to a LOT of different classes, and it still had time to introduce new systems like Class Halls, Legendary Weapon, non-linear leveling, etc.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2019-11-02 at 10:18 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    All covenant races is bipedal humanoids who using old races skeletons , so i feel like there gonna be "NEW races" but once again you must grind rep to unlock them.

1) Smurfs

2) Skeleton Trolls

3) Oldass Vampires

4) Good Satyrs

Just for fun i hope Vampires would join Alliance , they deserve it after mechagnomes.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-02 at 10:18 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    The level squish seems awesome!

Is there a stat squish aswell? Haven't read anything about it..

Throwing a random broken class into the mix isnt the solution
    I'm not saying it's the solution, I'm just saying a new class would have been exciting and something that makes paying for a new expansion easier.

Also: They're already announcing doubling down on external abilities and class mechanics, which is part of what got us in this mess class wise after Legion artifacts were gone. We're gonna get abilities and talents from Covenants, which means in the next expansion they'll have to either re-work all classes again, or again introduce a new similar feature with more abilities and talents. Or we'll have another BfA.

Don't get me wrong, I will buy and play the expansion. It's just not doing anything particularly new or exciting, in my view. This Blizzcon as a whole seems to be very conservative so far - a higher quantity of announcements than usual for sure, but all very conservative and with not much innovation or big surprises.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2019-11-02 at 10:26 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenwyrm View Post
    NGL, no new race or class kinda bums me out. However. The gameplay trailer looks good enough that I'll play it. Maybe shadowlands will be the precursor to a new race/class next xpac. I'll keep squawking for necromancers in wow til I get them.
    They should just give Affliction more Death themed spells and call it a day tbh.

In Legion we had a Necromancer's weapon as our artifact, we got 'Deathbolt', Death(Mortal)coil, we drain Souls and use dark magic. All that's missing is summoning undead minions, which they could easily do with a model swap. Imagine instead of summoning a felhunter you summon a skeletal dog, instead of a voidwalker a revenant. You get the idea.

Necromancers have historically been associated with Warlocks and demons.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-11-02 at 10:27 AM.

4 + 1 zones is the same blueprint as Legion / Broken Isles.

The really sad part is how they tried to rebrand reputations as something new and sell them to us as "covenants".

"But you get a class ability" - like you'd buy a HoA essence from a BfA reputation.
    "But you get a covenant ability" - like you'd get from a Legion bodyguard / Warlords of Draenor zone buff.

It's just the old system shuffle. "talents are now on your weapon! it's a totally new thing!"

Good maybe they will stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just listen to players and what we want. If they had done that years sooner maybe the game wouldn't be in such a sorry state today
    Maybe they will. I won't be holding my breath, though

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    New race? You got ALOF OF sub/allied-races (same as new race) IN BFA
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Oh my dear friend, you've misunderstood. I wasn't talking about realm stats at all, hence the new paragraph.

Yikes. Something tells me you don't even know what you're talking about when it comes to the stats you referred to (but didn't show, by the way). No worries. You may try again, or maybe not.
    That is the only relevant source of data when it comes to gauging player activity.

I'm not backing it as some hard proof, I used it to answer what source told us BFA numbers dipped below Classic.

This is not empirical truth. There is none. I'm simply pointing at existing source that showed us. My argument is the same as yours, basically saying that it makes sense if BFA is under Classics subs right now, and that Classic may account for more significant sub retention than we expected, thus the expectation that modern WoW as the main source of subs is not entirely accurate.

And apparantly it was stated a couple times yesterday offhand that dev mentioned Classic numbers breaking a million or into millions, something I have yet to look into. That is the context of my pointing at realm stats, as a supporting source of data to show Classics significance, even if it only matters now.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-11-02 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So what basis of knowledge are you using to derive your own conclusions? You are basically saying its expected if BFA dipped under classic due to the timing and situation.

In the context of my original post, I said the same.

The difference comes from someone asking where this info comes from. Well, what other source is there that ever told us BFA dips (or would ever dip) below Classic?

Please enlighten me what you are using to draw your opinion that BFA could dip under Classic. Assumption? Did you hear about it anywhere? I'm sure this isn't the first time you would have heard about this
    Assumptions based on personal experience I suppose. I can't have read about it since nobody knows, except Blizzard of course. Third party sites aren't accurate, and I can find graphs on various sites that fits my narrative or supports my own conclusions.

Nobody has ever used realmstats or similar sites as a source or taken them seriously for a reason.
    Hi

it's not such a joke like Overwatch 2, but yeah the expansion looks very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Assumptions based on personal experience I suppose. I can't have read about it since nobody knows, except Blizzard of course. Third party sites aren't accurate, and I can find graphs on various sites that fits my narrative or supports my own conclusions.

Nobody has ever used realmstats or similar sites as a source or taken them seriously for a reason.
    Blizzard has been talking about the success of Classic quite a bit. My point has always been to show how this has become a significant portion of subs, and that the impact of Shadowlands and Modern WoW being a cashcow and raising Blizz stocks is being mixed jn with Classics own success since it shares the sub.

Overall it doesn't even matter if realmstats is not a great source, I could have just as easily said assumption and opinion like you, BUT we actually have data to show this, whether you deem it credible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    New race? You got ALOF OF sub/allied-races (same as new race) IN BFA
    I think the 10 added in bfa are enough for at least the next 3 xpacs.

Why? Tell me why.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Compare something like the Legion feature trailer to the Shadowlands one.

Legion lists: New Continent, Artifacts, Class Halls, Demon Hunter
    SL lists: Each zone as a separate feature... lol

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Compare something like the Legion feature trailer to the Shadowlands one.

Legion lists: New Continent, Artifacts, Class Halls, Demon Hunter
    SL lists: Each zone as a separate feature... lol
    They needed to fill the trailer somehow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    I think the 10 added in bfa are enough for at least the next 3 xpacs.
    Móst of them are just reskins and new customization options.