Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about level squish! I wanna know about the systems!! Are they good? Are they simple?? MonkaS man!! O.O

I'm curious to see how this will effect the old world, if they'll just make TBC, Wrath, Cata, etc all in the same bracket or if they'll actually try to break each expansion into specific level brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Yeah, they totally will make Winterspring mobs kill you if you have max level, sorry for my bigoted assumption lol
    Why would this be so hard to believe given the direction they're moving with world scaling? If they revamp the rest of the world to coincide with the squish this would be really easy to see how it's possible.

I don't think legacy zones will be level-restricted. My guess is you can go to Pandaria or BFA at level 11, and everything in those zones will scale up to 50. But we'll see soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I truly don't understand being mad at a level squish. You're still going to be max level, who cares.

Blizzard squishes the level. Immediately raises the level cap to 60 for the new expansion.

How is this meant to actually fix anything? It's just the same thing over and over again. What are they going to do next time, squish AGAIN? What's the point of even gaining levels when all that matters is end-game? What's the point of gaining levels when the cap keeps changing?

The entire "level" system is stupid at this point. Just leave the level cap alone and START the expansion with the end-game progression system.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Why would this be so hard to believe given the direction they're moving with world scaling? If they revamp the rest of the world to coincide with the squish this would be really easy to see how it's possible.
    I have some 17+ characters that are from a lvl 100 to lvl120, some are above and some are lower than that. Beside my lvl120 characters. How would they squish them? To what lvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I truly don't understand being mad at a level squish. You're still going to be max level, who cares.
    Wow do you not get it. That mens being able to solo old content goes out the window. You just had 70 levels that you earned completely taken away from you. People don't like having things taken away from them It doesn't matter that you are "still at max level", you had thigs taken away fro you and people don't like that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    it will destroy WoW. this will be the thing that kills it
    Given anyone with a shred of common sense doesn't give a fuck if its 130, 60, 1*, I seriously doubt it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    Lol all the people complaining about a level squish. You guys realize your relative power is going to stay the same as it currently is, right? The only thing that would have been different at max level whether at 60 or at 130 would've been how big the hp and damage numbers displayed are. They're not literally cutting your current power in half.
    Just wait. YOu will not be able to solo old content anymore. But yeah, live in fantasy land.

So anything to be excited about?

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Maybe wait for them to explain and give you the answer in the WoW panel in 1 hour?
    I am not giving IOn anything. they will screw it up. The past two item squishes are proof.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wow do you not get it. That mens being able to solo old content goes out the window. You just had 70 levels that you earned completely taken away from you. People don't like having things taken away from them It doesn't matter that you are "still at max level", you had thigs taken away fro you and people don't like that feeling.
    No it doesn't at all. When we had an ilvl squish, revamped how raids worked with high level people, everyone lost their mind shouting soloing old stuff died. You know what happened? It became the easiest its ever been, smaller groups if not solo, quicker runs. Stop chatting shit
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I feel like the most likely thing will be BFA and older 120, when you enter shadowlands you go to 50. If you go back to old world stuff you go back to 120. This doesn't break any of the old experience curves or soloing. They said 50-60 would be a new level experience, so i bet our characters will only be 50-60 when they are in the Shadowlands zones, or Shadowland affected areas. Just a theory, but that seems to fit with the way they have worded things.
    But that doesn't explain what the leveling experience will be for a toon that starts at level 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No it doesn't at all. When we had an ilvl squish, revamped how raids worked with high level people, everyone lost their mind shouting soloing old stuff died. You know what happened? It became the easiest its ever been, smaller groups if not solo, quicker runs. Stop chatting shit
    Wrong. EVERYONE was complaining that they could no longer solo stuff when the squishes were implemented. Why? Because Blizz borked the whole thing.
    If you want to white knight them fine. But I do not trust them one iota when they have a long history of massive screw ups.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I have some 17+ characters that are from a lvl 100 to lvl120, some are above and some are lower than that. Beside my lvl120 characters. How would they squish them? To what lvl?
    I don't know the breakdown, that hasn't been revealed at this point. Using the already confirmed ratio of 50=120 or 50/120, that would translate to every 12 current levels would be 5 levels under the squish. Or each level in BfA is equivalent to ~0.42 levels with the squish...but I have no idea if that's true.

But that would mean level 100 would be around level 41-42.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't sound logical.
    Because you'll still be 120 everywhere else probably. Then it'll mask it as 50-60 in shadowlands content. It's literally just 130 with a paint coat to make the drool masses feel like it's "meaningful".

Seriously not a big deal and probably a good quality of life adjustment.

Gaining levels is a very small fraction of time I’ve spent with this game. I have years worth of time where I wasn’t ‘awarded a level for my time investment and my power.’

People whining over ‘losing’ levels fail to conceive that leveling isn’t the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally nothing has been taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't know the breakdown, that hasn't been revealed at this point. Using the already confirmed ratio of 50=120 or 50/120, that would translate to every 12 current levels would be 5 levels under the squish. Or each level in BfA is equivalent to ~0.42 levels with the squish...but I have no idea if that's true.

But that would mean level 100 would be around level 41-42.
    And like I said that would be shit, and that is why I think it woiluld be done is, 1-120 up to bfa, at lvl120 you can enter Shadowlands and when you do so you are lvl50 and inside you can lvl to lvl60, when you get out you are again lvl120

I am not giving IOn anything. they will screw it up. The past two item squishes are proof.
    What exactly do you want? Blizzard to break their deal with Activision, hire a whole new team for WoW and make the game like in 2014? It seems that for people like you, nothing they ever do is good. Legion was bad, BFA was a travesty, characters are bad, stories are bad, leveling is bad, the fucking polygons they use are clearly bad too. What the flying fudge cake do you want?

All that people like you love to do is whine on the forums. That's your game. World of Whinecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I think I'm just going to stay off the forums for awhile.

Ya'll a bunch of negative and depressing fuckers. It's like the moment the word "new" is spoken, people start thinking how many ways they can hate it.
    I wish we had an upvote feature here on MMO-C. I'd create multiple accounts just to upvote the shit out of this comment.