Which previous lore characters will we see in each zone of Shadowlands

with it being confirmed that we'll be seeing Kael'thas in Revendreth, as well as Uther(who I'd take a guess at being in Bastion) who could we also expect to see in each zone

For Bastion I'd expect the more heroic and/or lawful characters like Uther

In Ardenweald, most likely characters associated with Nature, like the Wild Gods, or certain deceased druids

Revendreth is described as where all the prideful and vain characters end up, like of course Kael, with

And Maldraxxus is described as being for those who seek Glory and Honor, so I expect to see a few Orcs, like Saurfang or perhaps even Garrosh, though I'd kind of wouldn't be surprised if we only saw characters that died on Azeroth, while those who kicked the bucket in either Draenor, or on Argus just don't get mention

Tyrande will guide us through Ardenweald, accompanied with Elune story...

Quote Originally Posted by enfanterrible View Post
    Tyrande will guide us through Ardenweald, accompanied with Elune story...
    I meant deceased/unconfirmed ones

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see Ysera but, is she in the Shadowlands ? I doubt

Just saying because you mentioned Saurfang, by the time he died the death system was already broken so he has to be in Maw

I hope that Turalyon and Mehlar will meet with their former mentor Uther in Bastion. Or maybe Turalyon will even meet Lothar, who knows.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for these returning characters to embark on long, moralising speeches so that we can completely forget their WC3 selves.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Apart from the confirmed ones?

Since Tyrande's in Ardenweald, I hope we see some other Night Elves with her. We haven't really seen much of Malfurion since Teldrassil, and with Ardenweald being connected to the Emerald Dream, it would make sense for him to appear there too. Also, a developer interview implicitly confirmed we'll find out what's going on with Elune in Ardenweald, so she's likely to make an appearance there.

I'm fairly certain we'll see Vol'jin, given that they've been setting his story up throughout Battle for Azeroth and Bwonsamdi is already confirmed to appear. Speaking of Bwonsamdi, Rastakhan bound his lineage to serve him in life and death, so if Bwonsamdi's appearing, then Rastakhan could as well - his pact with Bwonsamdi may protect him from being sucked up by the Maw. Talanji is possible, given that Bwonsamdi is in and Rastakhan may be in.

We might see Varian and/or Tirion, since they died at about the same time as Vol'jin. Equally, Tiron seems like someone who would go to Bastion, and we've already got Uther there, while Varian's story was more-or-less wrapped up by 7.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like mrsohta said, life and death have been screwed up for a while, possibly as far back as the start of Cataclysm (when Sylvanas suicided for a bit), so anyone who died between then and now is doomed to the Maw, unless some other power has intervened (like Ysera and Elune for example).

As for those from before the whole cycle being messed with, I can't imagine Arthas not showing up in the Maw. Frankly, I lot of the people we as players have killed were pretty bad, so there's probably a lot of them who were going there anyway.

Cairne Bloodhoof died post-Lost King, so he might be doomed, but otherwise I could see him appearing in the nicer zones, maybe Ardenweald or Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Like mrsohta said, life and death have been screwed up for a while, possibly as far back as the start of Cataclysm (when Sylvanas suicided for a bit), so anyone who died between then and now is doomed to the Maw, unless some other power has intervened (like Ysera and Elune for example).

As for those from before the whole cycle being messed with, I can't imagine Arthas not showing up in the Maw. Frankly, I lot of the people we as players have killed were pretty bad, so there's probably a lot of them who were going there anyway.

Cairne Bloodhoof died post-Lost King, so he might be doomed, but otherwise I could see him appearing in the nicer zones, maybe Ardenweald or Bastion.
    Doesn't Cairne turn up as a force-ghost in the Tauren Heritage armor questline? Which makes me think that he hasn't entirely departed from Azeroth yet. Or is still hanging around in Oribos purgatory or something.

Would love to see Hakkar in Ardenweald. Maybe we’ll also see Zuljin in Maldraxxus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Doesn't Cairne turn up as a force-ghost in the Tauren Heritage armor questline? Which makes me think that he hasn't entirely departed from Azeroth yet. Or is still hanging around in Oribos purgatory or something.
    Maybe, I haven't done that.

The question of how ghosts work is another one that could be explored in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has it been said when the Shadowlands system got borked? Since Vol'jin has visibly escaped the Maw, maybe it happened after his death? I may be wrong, but I remember they said the Soulcage, the lantern Genn broke in Stormheim, would play a role in the next expansion. Maybe it had a role in guiding the dead to Oribos? Genn may have unwittingly doomed the world...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Has it been said when the Shadowlands system got borked? Since Vol'jin has visibly escaped the Maw, maybe it happened after his death? I may be wrong, but I remember they said the Soulcage, the lantern Genn broke in Stormheim, would play a role in the next expansion. Maybe it had a role in guiding the dead to Oribos? Genn may have unwittingly doomed the world...
    I'd hope that the Soulcage isn't what caused it, it'd turn one of Sylvanas' few straight Failures into a 4D Chess win, perhaps she had the Jailor fix it and is using it to enslave the Kyrians

I would like to see Rhonin again, in relation to Jaina, Veressa or Khadgar, that bad memories of betrayal come back and recreate tensions between the two factions! ������
    Last edited by Frenchvince; 2020-01-28 at 10:03 PM.

If there's someone I don't want to encounter in the Shadowlands, it's Saurfang. He's been shoved down our throats enough already.