Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sylvanas has a pact with a being far more powerful than the Lich King, which she has fed with the souls of everyone who has died over the course of the Fourth War. She's dramatically more powerful now than she was at the start of the expansion.

How can someone play through an expansion and be told a thing, yet have no idea what's going on? You were literally spoonfed the fucking answer during Blizzcon and you still don't understand. I mean, really man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    You're terribly confused. Arthas wielded Frostmourne, which you're correct did enhance his powers significantly. However, Bolvar displayed powers that Arthas didn't even wield in his battle with Sylvanas. Slinging large objects through the air, he gained the same knowledge that Arthas did with the Crown and Bolvar wasn't exactly a chump in melee combat as a Paladin. Even without Frostmourne Bolvar as LK would be one of the most powerful entities on Azeroth.
    Im not really confusing at all, I will take apocalypse and any other abilities Arthas show over a slinging boulder that any agile fighters seem to dodge no problem any time, so I pretty much i think you are the one that seems confuse, so far Bolvar show nothing to even put him near Arthas level, saying shit like slinging large objects is a feat more impressive than apocalypse or dead grip and other abilities Arthas had is a big downplay on Arthas, till Bolvar actually show us some things in my opinion of course his leagues bellow Arthas power wise

Bolvar's body is a total ruin he moves like a stone construct people are waaay hyping the Lich Kings power.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The only explanation is she has become self aware, realized she has the thickest plot armor, can't ever lose, and decided to kill everyone. Why not just fast forward to her taking down Stormwind by herself?
    Because that's not her goal and "plot armor" isn't really an argument. That's like saying it's ridiculous that superman can only be hurt by kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    It's easily explained, people just choose to ignore it.

Bolvar isn't Arthas

Living Sylvanas gave DK Arthas a big fight, Banshee Sylvanas captured and almost killed DK Arthas. Pre-BFA Sylvanas is likely enough to take out Bolvar LK.

The only reason why Bolvar became the LK was because he was going to die, he isn't anywhere near the Arthas LK we know.

It's all right there in the lore.
    Still, he was able to throw rocks with mojo and make a huge blizzard out of nowhere. I get that Sylvanas gets more power with each corpse and the Blood War made her overpowered, but they should at least allow LK to land 2-3 hits before being defeated. The entire fight was dragonballish as hell.

Also, I bet that we will just repel the Scourge invasion as always, leading to a conclusion that no LK was needed and Bolvar indeed is nothing more than a plot device.

Probably something that she obtained from the Jailer.

The death magic generated from throwing everyone who died in the massive faction war into a hole.

The LK had a magic helmet that let him telekenetically control weak-willed undead. I ran off with what was left of his magic sword empowered by thousands of trapped souls and left it in a bank somewhere.

Admittedly it would've been neat to see him try to re-mindslave Sylvanas but at the end of the day that's not the modern LK's ethos and would make Sylvanas out to be heroic, so I can see why they didn't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Still much better story than the bible.
    When Bolvar comes back for Round 2 on a 7-headed zombie dragon then we'll be in business. I love that chapter.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-02 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    umm Silvanas is lvl 120 Lich King is lvl 80...what's so hard to understand?

Do you believe me if i told you i only watched the cinematic once?
    Is that bad...

I watched all other Blizz cinematics several times though...this is the first one that i went "WTH".

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    there is an expansion called Battle for Azeroth.

in it, the writing is shit.

in patch 8.2.5 we saw Sylvanas using some power which was never foreshadowed before but we should accept it because it looks cool.

apparently it's enough to solo the entire Icecrown Citadel+LK.
    Sylvanas didn't "solo the entire Icecrown Citadel", the skeletons were watching but didn't attack. They grouped up with the Lich King, who likely let them attack before he did for the sake of caution.

The actual fight was "too easy" for Sylvanas, as per usual. That the Lich King didn't even get a blow in was bullshit, but that she won was not.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Sylvanas didn't "solo the entire Icecrown Citadel", the skeletons were watching but didn't attack. They grouped up with the Lich King, who likely let them attack before he did for the sake of caution.
    even worse LoL.

I bet no demon would attack her in the Twisting Nether as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Is that bad...

I watched all other Blizz cinematics several times though...this is the first one that i went "WTH".
    I watched it twice. I do like the ending, visually speaking. Her breaking the helmet and the sky shattering to reveal that upside-down tower is impressive looking. Everything before that? A bad anime fight with very high definition textures.

But it's 100% the worst expansion cinematic to date. The concept, the writing, the coreography...

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    even worse LoL.

I bet no demon would attack her in the Twisting Nether as well.
    Bolvar underestimated her, because she wasn't flaunting her new powers. He also did not know why she came. Having a couple skeletons take swings at her wouldn't have made a difference. Most likely as soon as he was aware of her presence, he had the undead there head to his side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I watched it twice. I do like the ending, visually speaking. Her breaking the helmet and the sky shattering to reveal that upside-down tower is impressive looking. Everything before that? A bad anime fight with very high definition textures.
    Good way to look at it, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Is that bad...

literally what I said two days ago.

Bolvar underestimated her, because she wasn't flaunting her new powers. He also did not know why she came. Having a couple skeletons take swings at her wouldn't have made a difference. Most likely as soon as he was aware of her presence, he had the undead there head to his side.

- - - Updated - - -

That he didn't have asingle frost wyrm at hand though was kinda bullshit. I even made him a storm-powered one and the dipshit didn't use him. Jokes aside, after they pretty much implied that he took over the ebon blade it rings rather hollow that none of them were around, when clearly half my deathknights seemed to be stationed there the last time I was coming to casually visit for a saddle.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly wrong. Bolvar was aware of sylvanas long before she got to Icecrown. Bolvar knew sylvanas was more powerful then he was.

In preparation for this event Bolvar has resurrected many new death knights which leads to the story of allied races being death knights. Unclear if Bolvar knew what her plan was, my guess is he thought she wanted the helm, not to destroy the helm to open a portal.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas defeated the Bolvar because dude went 2h Frost instead of DW. So most of his attacks didnt worked properly

Im fucking confused that people are so confused by this shit.

The fact she beats the lich king it litterally meant to show how powerful shes gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Wouldnt be much better if you just say "I didnt liked it".

Seems that everyone thinks their opinions are sacred and turn water into wine.
    Is just my opinion...why the hell everyone tells me i state opinions as facts.
    Ofcourse is MY opinion.
    How can i state an opinion as fact? Im not.

I cringed a lot on the cinematic....because sylvanas seems to be overpowered and has the biggest plot armor of all time.