Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's not hard to grasp, but for players who already have a bunch of 120 characters and have played BfA, this is enticing how? How is the Epic Edition justifiable? I get that it's not just about veteran players, they want to attract new players too, but they can't have their cake and eat it too. The level squish is going to alienate a part of their fan base. Hopefully the influx of players attracted by only having to level to 60 can overcompensate for said alienation.
    Are you asking how a level 120 boost is enticing? If you don't need it then don't buy it, it's the same as every other expansion coming with a level boost.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

They're probably going to retitle the 120 boost to level 50 or 60. It's still a year away, folks.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I agree, especially after leveling one of every class to 120... what's even the purpose of a new 120 boost if it's getting squished to 50? What the hell level are my level 80 twinks going to be!?
    Gonna be lvl 33

I think you forget all the xp nerfs that have happened over the years that actually made it easier to level. your 120 levels is not the same as level 60 at vanilla levels extended another 60 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Soo, point out to me, where Blizzard said any Details about what you do in 1-10.
    Point to me where it matters, because it doesn't. Forced zones suck. No matter what you do in them. If they are something that you have to repeatedly do on any alt, it sucks. Its gotten boring with every zone like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    If every lvl now comes with a reward, you get stronger each level instead of just the mobs scalling around you and you getting nothing, now youget stonger too
    It'll depend on the reward. It would have to keep our stats increasing to count for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    If anything they should reset more.

WoD garrisons, etc. At this point, a total gold reset to zero, while every single item in your inventory becoming soulbound + worth 0 copper in vendormoney would reset the economy properly. After 10+ years the ingame economy could use a reboot.

I'm upset it's getting lower because it feels like I literally lost levels. It may sound silly and arbitrary, and I'll concede it is if the time played 1-60 in Shadowlands ends up being the same it took 1-120 in BfA, but if it turns out 1-60 in Shadowlands is half the time played, then I literally did waste time leveling a bunch of high levels and twinks.
    You're right; it does sound silly.

You did "waste time" leveling previously, but only if you discount the entirety of what you've done in the time in between, which wasn't accessible with half the leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Point to me where it matters, because it doesn't. Forced zones suck. No matter what you do in them. If they are something that you have to repeatedly do on any alt, it sucks. Its gotten boring with every zone like it.
    You don't have to do it after the first time. New accounts start in the new starter zone, every alt afterwards starts in their racial zone, and can opt to go to the new zone or to any other racial starter zone the same way they can now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    How can you be excited? I preordered the xpac and it said I'll get boost to lvl 120 and right after I heard they'll wipe 120 characters to 50. That is just big scam... they should mention it in SHOP that characters will squish to 50 so people can think twice if they'll buy the expansion.
    But I guess by not mentioning that they'll get more preorders...
    A 120 boost to 50 is the same as if it stayed 120 and we leveled to 130?????????

How can you be excited? I preordered the xpac and it said I'll get boost to lvl 120 and right after I heard they'll wipe 120 characters to 50. That is just big scam... they should mention it in SHOP that characters will squish to 50 so people can think twice if they'll buy the expansion.
    But I guess by not mentioning that they'll get more preorders...
    Legitimately what the /expletive/ does this mean?
    Level 50 = 120 in the new system. The boost has always been a small bonus, not the point of pre-ordering.

The only "legitimate" downside I see is it it messes with twinks. I'm not sure how epic/pvp gear of certain expansions will play out since all expansions will be merged to a 10-50 bracket, so what does that do to level 80 gear and characters that are level 80 (and other similar brackets). Because all expansions will merge into a single 10-50 bracket, will that level 80 gear turn into level 33 gear and the player turns to level 33? Or will the gear be a level 50 equip and turn red because the player is only level 33? Or will both be converted to level 50? Guess it's just a wait and see to see how blizz solves that issue. I'm guessing all the twink brackets will consolidate into a single twink bracket (50)

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I said: Point me to where Blizzard said ANYTHING to what exactly you do from 1-10

It matters, because you just complain without even knowing shit.

Edit:
    Existing players can choose Exile's Reach or the old starting zones.
    You can still wander around all of the expansions if you want, you don't have to stick to one.
    Oh Noes, you are so Forced into stuff you dont like!
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2019-11-03 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This explains it all:

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post

Oh Noes, you are so Forced into stuff you dont like!
    Good. They aren't stupid enough to force it on us. That's a better choice then forcing a dumb zone like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Boosts are for returning players who have already experienced the leveling content and are at ease with the game.
    No, boosts are for players who wanna join their friends in endgame and dont play through 14 years of none sense.

Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    >wow
    >progress
    buahahahahaha XD man you do realize that every expansion you are basically level one, again ? just withotu them saying explicitly that they depowered you again

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    >wow
    >progress
    buahahahahaha XD man you do realize that every expansion you are basically level one, again ? just withotu them saying explicitly that they depowered you again
    But not actually so #progress
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    But not actually so #progress
    what's the diffrence of pointless number when your relative powerlevel stay the same ? would you praise blizzard if they "upgraded" your lvl from 120 to 240 ? would you feel that you've progressed more ?

level is meaningless number that doesn't reflect anything, not power of player, not his playtime, not his anything, you could play single character since beta, and johny nobody that started playing 2 weeks ago would be same level as you are, do you think he "progressed" as much as you did ?
    Last edited by brt2pp; 2019-11-05 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    If every lvl now comes with a reward, you get stronger each level instead of just the mobs scalling around you and you getting nothing, now youget stonger too
    In the deep dive they explained the new 1-10 is only for new characters. i agree about the forced story part. after the 1st worgen/ panda, you should be able to skip it.
    no, they made leveling now useless, especial considering that after BFA every coming prepatch of the next xpac will put you back to 50....

I'm pretty sure anyone really upset about it could program a small addon that shows his level as 130 instead of 60.

The squish is one of my favorite parts of the xpack.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.