Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Best & Worst of the Shadowlands announcement - your pick?

I think it’s pretty much self-explanatory, I’d like to hear what was the best and what was the worst feature or thing mentioned during the Shadowlands announcement today.

Please don’t make any lists, just pick one single thing or feature they announced or did not announce.

Best: Castle Nathria (the 10-boss Dracula Castle raid)

Worst: New abilities from Covenants
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best: The new Leveling experience. (both the pruning and the aviability of zones)

Worst: The zones. Felt it was missing a icy/dark/snow area. aka Icecrown number 2. But i still think they will add some snowy area in there tho. What i mean, is that the zones didn't feel scandinavian enough, i like scandinavian nature.

Best: Attempt at Alt-friendliness from the beginning. First 1-2 content patches were always way too tenacious.

Worst: Sylvanas being a major lore character yet again. I'm just too indifferent about her, since she is simply boring.

Best: I like the leveling experinse, both the Level squise, and more options to level alts.

Worse: Sylvanas, i am so sick and tired of her, the fact she seems to be so important Really ruined the whole cinematic for me.

Best: Everything

Worst: We have to wait for it

Call me a shill idgaf, I'm hyped.

Best: Leveling and Alt Friendliness

Worst: ... pretty much everything else.

I'm hoping for better info from tomorrow's deep dive panel.

Edit: also, once again, huge fucking props to the cinematic team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

Worst: Class specific Covenant abilities (here we go again)

It's hilarious how Sylvannas has basically become the villian you love to hate. They're no doubt milking that angle now. They're paying attention more than people know lol.

Best: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

Worst: No Class, but I might be fine with it after the deep dive tomorrow.

I think them adding back the legendary's is also great, and also their perspective on gear acquisition.

Best: Torghast and Leveling Overhaul

Worst: Sylvanas doesn't get a serious injury in the cinematic

10+ Year Old Account
    Best: Expanded customizations, all races able to be death knights, leveling overhaul letting you pick your favorite expansion to level through.
    Worst: Oh look, Sylvanas is still playing 7000-D chess and we're all idiots playing right into her flawless plan. How fascizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-
    Honorable Mention (Good): Alt-friendly design meaning you don't feel punished if you reroll midway through the expansion.
    Honorable Mention (Bad): Bolvar getting punked out after returning to lore significance and walking into a fight for the first time since Wrathgate, where he got punked out.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think it’s pretty much self-explanatory, I’d like to hear what was the best and what was the worst feature or thing mentioned during the Shadowlands announcement today.

Please don’t make any lists, just pick one single thing or feature they announced or did not announce.

Best: Castle Nathria (the 10-boss Dracula Castle raid)

Worst: New abilities from Covenants
    Zero the expansion is perfect for me.

Best is going to be the lack of an AP grind for me, and a lot of the audience it seemed. Don't really have a worst, I guess the lack of a class?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Best: Everything

Worst: We have to wait for it

Call me a shill idgaf, I'm hyped.
    With such little info that actually matters...ppl like you are what's wrong with the game
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Best: The Covenants and everything about them. (Torghast sounds amazing too, but we don't know much about it)

Worst: No new class

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Best is going to be the lack of an AP grind for me, and a lot of the audience it seemed. Don't really have a worst, I guess the lack of a class?
    Anima could be the new AP. I haven’t read enough on this yet, so I could be wrong... but the description does sound suspect.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best: Class Revamps and Leveling Revamp

Worst: No Old World Revamp
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Best: Increasing player agency. Hopefully they deliver with that.

Worst: Sylvanas. I don't love to hate her. It's go away heat at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best: Shadowlands (they look great)
    Worst: No Collector's Edition artbook again (booo!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Best: Class Revamps and Leveling Revamp

Worst: No Old World Revamp
    Being able to level fully from 10-50 in Northrend or Pandaria is an acceptable runner-up to an evergreen revamp of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. I'll take it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Anima could be the new AP. I haven’t read enough on this yet, so I could be wrong... but the description does sound suspect.
    This is something I did not understand. Is Anima even something that matters from a gameplay perspective or is it just a lore thing? I thought it would be the latter with no influence on gameplay.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again