Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, if we followed the past, it would've been a new class. Hence why it was a topic in the first place.

thats at least a good reason why many ppl expected a new class. so i agree.

but its not an overall reason for why ppl still crying they didnt got it. therefore the /discuss

A new class has a cost, and I'd much rather they fix the shit that is BfA up to old blizz standards. This isn't dota.
    Many classes has felt very different from xpac to xpac, both through new skills, talents trinkets and set bonuses, and legendaries. So glad they don't listen to the ones who just wants new stuff > quality. I bet they are the ones cheering for a new toy or world quests..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddleheart View Post
    I dunno, I don't think the DKs, Monks, or DHs play like any other classes...
    DKs are exactly like rogues. A wait-for ressource then spend as available, unholy has the old combo system in Wounds debuff.

Mechanically speaking, it's just a builder/spender again. To play differently mean as a player you need to do things that other classes don't do AT ALL, not just a slightly different version of the exact same thing. For example, you should have an extra UI thing that lets you manually customize which runes will be used with your next rune-spending attack to change its effect or damage. No other class has that. That's called unique and different.

If we stay in the realm of "press buttons on an action bar" then it's all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can have both. Good class design and a new class.

If you think that all classes will be improved with 9.0 you gonna end up very disappointed.

thats a hot spot. when their new systems not improve what we have now AND no new class AND not more or less content and quality, then blizz is giving us nothing in return for „no new class“ and then it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Why not both? I don't see why it has to be an either/or situation.

LOL. People like playing new stuff. That's all there is to it. Doesn't matter whatsoever if you find it stupid, illogical, or non-factual.

In fact, I find it stupid and illogical that you can't understand whatsoever why some people might want a new class
    Because creating a new class requires huge amount of work. You have to make a completely new spec from the scrach, think of new spells, talents, interactions, animations, then implement a new class in the world, create lores, new quest zones (to introduce it to the word), and then balance it. It is not as seasy as some people think it is when they randomly post their 'new class designs' (which are mostly horrible).

Blizzard has to fix the core classes before they can think of making a new class.

By the way, blizzard is not obligated to give you a new class every 2xpacks. And it is good decision that they didnt do that now.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-11-02 at 03:35 PM.

Why not both? I don't see why it has to be an either/or situation.

LOL. People like playing new stuff. That's all there is to it. Doesn't matter whatsoever if you find it stupid, illogical, or non-factual.

In fact, I find it stupid and illogical that you can't understand whatsoever why some people might want a new class
    where you have been the last 5 years or so ? you think blizz invests trizillion, take em 3 years and bring the wow xpac with 10 more goodies and ZERO tradeoffs ?

how about a nice cup of reality ?

i mean i want A LOT of things too! i want bitches, i want to be a millionare, i want to look like sexiest man alive... come on boy. there are tradeoffs. dont act like a 5 year old „kid meeehh i want it all“. you will not get all. so you have to tradeoff.

ppl cry the whole day about what they want, but they say nothing about what they loose and their outrage when they have their new class and an expansion exactly like WoD PLUS lesser raids and lesser dungeons.

get it ppl: blizzard put not ALL their effort, money and time into wow. so there are tradeoffs.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-11-02 at 03:37 PM.

Because I have high expectations of Blizzard, and even in that realm of thought the notion that they can improve classes and add a new class in an expansion is honestly not asking for too much. They've done it before, they can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Because creating a new class requires huge amount of work. You have to make a completely new spec from the scrach, think of new spells, talents, interactions, animations, then implement a new class in the world, create lores, new quest zones (to introduce it to the word), and then balance it. It is not as seasy as some people think it is when they randomly post their 'new class designs' (which are mostly horrible).
    They already accomplished almost all of that for Tinkers with Mechagon and Island Expeditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    get it ppl: blizzard put not ALL their effort, money and time into wow. so there are tradeoffs.

I don't think a new class is asking for too much. But good for you that you can settle for less.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats at least a good reason why many ppl expected a new class. so i agree.

but its not an overall reason for why ppl still crying they didnt got it. therefore the /discuss
    Not really crying. I'm laughing that the whole Necromancer Vs. Tinker fight ended up with, "EVERYONE GETS A DEATH KNIGHT!". Haha. If so, I'd rather see more Paladin options too *waits for Worgen Paladin*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    What tradeoffs do you think a new class has?

Why do you think it's a new class or good class design? Why can't we have both?

Neither Blizzard, nor the players, should ever accept bad class design. Regardless of whether or not there's a new class to play with.

Look at it this way... there's already 36 specs in the game. What in the world makes you think 36 is a manageable, balance-able number, but 39 is absolutely not?
    thats not whta i say. i say you will HAVE a tradeoff in ANY form if we get a new class. yes, it sucks that blizz2019 is no longer blizz2005 and we can not have both. but: IF they had brought a new class you HAVE to have a tradeoff (as much as this sucks), and you can not change that. it imo this tradeoff is not worth a new class. regardless if it is lower quality content or less content or no new systems, or no class changes anywhere or whatever.

what is this trade off you keep mentioning?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

They already accomplished almost all of that for Tinkers with Mechagon and Island Expeditions.

I don't think a new class is asking for too much. But good for you that you can settle for less.
    Ye but Tinkers as a theme is bad, and it does not suit the Shadowlands theme.

But I am starting to see a pattern here. People are not crying that they are not getting a new class, but because they are not getting tinkets.

Some people just hope for some value with the hundreds of dollars we pour into this game.

We pay $15 a month and $40 for expansions. I don't see why it should be an either/or situation. They absolutely should be able to give us a new class AND fix the classes they broke.

Good for you that you're able to settle for less, but some of us feel like we deserve more for our money.
    yep. i TOTALLY agree here. cost effective development sucks. wanting all our money and deliver less and less in return sucks. i totally agree here.

but: since ppl pay them anyway, and since its 2019 quarter numbers bla bla, and since they WILL DO IT and we will not change that, as long as we stop paying for it in such an amount that they either canceling wow or have to deliver more for the money, we HAVE to handle with tradeoffs. thats all i am saying. and the new class is not worth the tradeoffs for me.

OP is right.No new class or race gives then "chance" to work on these already existing, which both classes and races needed work for long time.
    Ill see what they are intending tho. I don't have any faith in blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Ye but Tinkers as a theme is bad, and it does not suit the Shadowlands theme.
    I mean, it very easily could. Technology vs Life/Death is a pretty common theme.

But I also don't buy into the idea that a new class *has* to completely match the entire theme of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey,

what does ppls have with this „new class“ fetish ?

Its the same BS in another packing. A new class will be also based on the same builder/consumer pattern as every other class. They have already done ANY mechanic on the other 36 specs. So we talk solely about GFX and style.

And even if not: Most ppl do not stop playing their main and have ZERO value of a new class. Also Blizzard, which are not able to balance the existing 36 specs, have 2-3 specs more that influences balancing. They were so fukin out of ideas already that DH only got 2 specs in Legion, because every shit is already done before in the other 34 specs. Why bring that shit again on the table in a game that obviously can not handle them and have no real value of it ?

If the 36 specs get new or changed talents, or varying/customizable playstyles, everyone profits 10 times from that, than from a new class. The game feels better. For everyone. Instead „yeah, we have another class“.

I dont get it. I, personally, trade a new class against „NO RNG“, „better talents/class design“ and „playable alts“ EVERY FUKIN DAY in my life!

/discuss
    New class fetish... clever. Kind of reminds me of the 'new topic' fetish some people around here have, for creating topics to say the same thing that a dozen other people have already said in a dozen other topics.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    A new class has a cost, and I'd much rather they fix the shit that is BfA up to old blizz standards. This isn't dota.
    Many classes has felt very different from xpac to xpac, both through new skills, talents trinkets and set bonuses, and legendaries. So glad they don't listen to the ones who just wants new stuff > quality. I bet they are the ones cheering for a new toy or world quests..

i would not say it that harsh, but IF they really bring back higher quality standards with Shadowlands i tradeoff a new class for that EVERY DAY. as you said: quality > features. i want wow became a better game. not cheap shit with another one more class based on the same patterns as every other class but packed in new gfx and styles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    DKs are exactly like rogues. A wait-for ressource then spend as available, unholy has the old combo system in Wounds debuff.

Mechanically speaking, it's just a builder/spender again. To play differently mean as a player you need to do things that other classes don't do AT ALL, not just a slightly different version of the exact same thing. For example, you should have an extra UI thing that lets you manually customize which runes will be used with your next rune-spending attack to change its effect or damage. No other class has that. That's called unique and different.

If we stay in the realm of "press buttons on an action bar" then it's all the same.

i assume most of the ppl here have played that less classes that they dont even realize that every class is based on the builder/spender pattern and on the same base mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    what is this trade off you keep mentioning?

hopefully higher quality, somewhat changed specs and talents, more customizable gameplay, new systems, still enough content (WoD showed us that blizz is totally able to deliver less and can get away with it), and so on. i dont know honestly. but i am SURE AS HELL, if blizz takes a time machine, ride back a half year, skip stuff that comes with Shadowlands and instead build a new class, you will see that tradeoff and ppl will not be happy about.

as long as we cant get both (and i assume thats what most ppl here want in reality) a new class will have tradeoffs (in any form). yes that sucks. but activi$$ion blizzgreed dont care, because you pay them anyway. so either stop paying them or think about the tradeoffs for a new class. you will NOT get both of them. deal with it.

Well, when you have played the game as long as I and other people have -since the very beginning of it- and you have tried, played and leveled every other single class in the game more than once, then it feels good to have something new to try, something fresh, even if it is just looking-wise, as some of the allied races, for example. Also, from a rol playing pov new classes are a great addition to the world, but well, maybe I am one of those old people caring too much about "old" and not "cool" stuff in games. Better get "competitive" stuff and forget about the rol component of the game, which was supposed to be one of its cores. But well, what can I say regarding new classes, maybe you are one of those who like playing the same thing again and again and again and again and again...

I see people talking about trade offs and losing something if we get a new class. This issue I have is that development resources are being put into things like the covenant and the new tower and I would much rather have a new class than that crap. Hell it wont even matter in the future similar to garrisons, class halls, warfronts and island expeditions. I would much rather get new classes, solid zones, compelling story and awesome raids/dungeons every expansion instead the development teams wasting so many resources on things players dont even want(looking specifically at you azerite gear)