Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tell me, how do the Zandalari stand the nightborne?

The nightborne represent the height of the kaldorei empire that humiliated the Zandalari - you can imagine that SPellblade Aluriel was leading some of those fights with Night warriors and Moonguard in toe... and while I'm sure they hate night elves, I can't imagine they love nightborne at all.

The nightborne aren't subsequent generations who cannot be blamed for the actions of distant ancesotrs, they are the very same night elves, just like the Darnassians are who were around 10k years ago, some of them wiping out trolls too. Only difference is they look a little different.

While there is a horde, and the nightborne are part of it, gosh i'd love tos ee some racial tensions. I do not imagine blood elves love darkspears and only put up with them because they have to, for the sake of the horde.

However, my view point may be outdated, is there any lore that has come laong to forge friendships between elves and trolls? I mean anything specific that is not a one off but indicative of a wider change in perception?

How do the Darkspear stand the Blood Elves? How do the Dark Irons stand the Bronzebeards? How do all Horde races stand the Forsaken?

cuz gameplay reezons

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    How do the Pandaren stand the Zandalari?
    How do trolls stand elves in general?
    How do Nightborne stand filthy mongrels like orcs, tauren, trolls and yucky yuck Forsaken?
    How do orcs and tauren stand goblins?
    How do the Forsaken stand anything breathing?

How does the Horde still exist in its current state?

15+ Year Old Account
    You can work together and not like the person/race next to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    The nightborne represent the height of the kaldorei empire that humiliated the Zandalari - you can imagine that SPellblade Aluriel was leading some of those fights with Night warriors and Moonguard in toe... and while I'm sure they hate night elves, I can't imagine they love nightborne at all.

The nightborne aren't subsequent generations who cannot be blamed for the actions of distant ancesotrs, they are the very same night elves, just like the Darnassians are who were around 10k years ago, some of them wiping out trolls too. Only difference is they look a little different.

While there is a horde, and the nightborne are part of it, gosh i'd love tos ee some racial tensions. I do not imagine blood elves love darkspears and only put up with them because they have to, for the sake of the horde.

However, my view point may be outdated, is there any lore that has come laong to forge friendships between elves and trolls? I mean anything specific that is not a one off but indicative of a wider change in perception?
    blood elves in revantusk village

answer
    Now we are all allies

10+ Year Old Account
    Europe is now working together but do you remember what happened in the past? well same reason now they are allies.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

If you follow some of the flavor talk around Dazar'alor the Zandalari are also not fans of the Bloodelves and that doesn't stop them from being allies either.

*exits time machine from 2020*

I mean, how do the humans and orcs work together in dungeons? It's there for gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    How do the Darkspear stand the Blood Elves? How do the Dark Irons stand the Bronzebeards? How do all Horde races stand the Forsaken?

cuz gameplay reezons
    They did write quite some bit on how the dark irons and Bronzebeards have come to mostly work together, and took that further with the Dark Iron allied race quests. I haven't seen anything on Darkspears and blood elves save for the one darkspear they saved from the Amani. I can imagine the darkspear tribe consequently being fair and okay with the blood elves even though they don't like elves, but they're an honourable bunch. I don't see the blood elves being so fair minded. Despite the irony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    If you follow some of the flavor talk around Dazar'alor the Zandalari are also not fans of the Bloodelves and that doesn't stop them from being allies either.
    Nor the other way around, you see 2 blood elf tourists just talking down Zuldazar, however one of the nightborne actually compliments the city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    because video game
    haha, yep, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    blood elves in revantusk village
    https://www.argentarchives.org/files...3-12%20(4).jpg
    answer
    Now we are all allies
    Was that players? Or NPcs?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can respectfully disagree on a lot of things and still be allies seeking common goals.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Times changed, and so did the Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You can respectfully disagree on a lot of things and still be allies seeking common goals.
    But for such racial tensions and pressures, I am surprised we haven't seen a few more disrespectful disagreements. Even a LOT more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talanji seems pretty open-minded, and the Zandalari pretty readily take their cues from her. It seems that the most prideful and xenophobic Zandalari had thrown their lot in with Zul, which didn't work out too well for them as Zul's forces have been getting their teeth kicked in repeatedly since the Cataclysm; I'd wager most of the Zandalari left are more willing to try out something other than "constantly cling to and try reclaiming the glory days," considering that approach has not been working out for them as a people. Especially with Zul's open betrayal and Rastakhan's death at the hands of the Alliance, I'd think the remaining Zandalari are willing to put aside old grudges in favor of fresh vengeance against the bastards who invaded their city and killed their king.

Similarly, the Nightborne under Thalyssra seem a bit detached from old grudges. Ten millennia of seclusion under a tyrant who would leave children to starve and wither while the upper crust throw parties and while their days away suddenly replaced with new leadership that seems to have completely done away with the caste systems, and I suppose the Nightborne are willing to roll with events in a "Oh, I suppose this is what we're doing now," sort of way, at least among the average Nightborne.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Times changed, and so did the Zandalari.
    Yes, now they have a Queen, for the first time, it would be like the night elves having a king. Talanji just goes around ordering people to do the most obvious things., rminds me of Azshara - always giving commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

cuz gameplay reezons
    Have you been on Alliance? There's quite a bit of Racial tension between the Dark Irons and the other Dwarves. Particularly because a Dark Iron is next in line for the throne of Ironforge. Things have settled down a little yeah, but it's not all roses with them. Especially because it's only one section of Dark Iron Dwarves that have joined, the others still follow Ragnaros and came up with the Dark Iron Dwarf questline

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Talanji seems pretty open-minded, and the Zandalari pretty readily take their cues from her. It seems that the most prideful and xenophobic Zandalari had thrown their lot in with Zul, which didn't work out too well for them as Zul's forces have been getting their teeth kicked in repeatedly since the Cataclysm; I'd wager most of the Zandalari left are more willing to try out something other than "constantly cling to and try reclaiming the glory days," considering that approach has not been working out for them as a people. Especially with Zul's open betrayal and Rastakhan's death at the hands of the Alliance, I'd think the remaining Zandalari are willing to put aside old grudges in favor of fresh vengeance against the bastards who invaded their city and killed their king.

Similarly, the Nightborne under Thalyssra seem a bit detached from old grudges. Ten millennia of seclusion under a tyrant who would leave children to starve and wither while the upper crust throw parties and while their days away suddenly replaced with new leadership that seems to have completely done away with the caste systems, and I suppose the Nightborne are willing to roll with events in a "Oh, I suppose this is what we're doing now," sort of way, at least among the average Nightborne.
    Good description Thage. It would explain a lot for both groups. Talanji was a lot more open to outsiders, and we saw the worse of the Zandalari following Zul, so it means a new change is in for them , which makes sens so they can fit in the horde.

The nightborne also makes sense too, I think one of the alliance fans was mentioning Thalyssra highlighting that joining the alliance would continue the stagnation the nightborne have had - this makes sense to me to mean Kaldorei culture of the last 10k years - as Ravenmoon keeps pointing out, Nightborne culture is kaldorie pre-sundering culture just continued on, pretty much like the Shend'ralar highborne. But with Thalyssra's oannouncment, and their decision to join the horde - it represents a shift from something Kaldorei, to somethig new as their own independent group of nightborne elves. The era of the Kaldorei for the nightborne ends with joining the horde over the alliance.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2019-08-18 at 12:06 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Yes, now they have a Queen, for the first time
    They've had several queens before.

Even couples, or queens in councils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    How do the Pandaren stand the Zandalari?
    How do trolls stand elves in general?
    How do Nightborne stand filthy mongrels like orcs, tauren, trolls and yucky yuck Forsaken?
    How do orcs and tauren stand goblins?
    How do the Forsaken stand anything breathing?

How does the Horde still exist in its current state?
    ^Perfect

10 chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

They don't give a fuck about any of that as of right now.

"Ugh, elves..." -the zandalari guards putting up with the Horde in their city.

You win them over eventually though.

Weirdly enough on my pandaren one of the zandalari cooks basically called me out on hiding instead of saving the world.

You know, from threats like them.

I don't like him.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-08-18 at 02:32 AM.