Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually he did just they.

He literally said they messed up and acted way too fast.
    This. Yet people say its not an apology, if not.. Then what it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd hope this is the first time they've fucked up this bad(which literally is just a series of them fucking up repeatedly for the last 2 years). A weak apology like this may be enough for some, but vaguely saying we fucked up and are sorry is about the least they can do in this situation. They're hoping it's over now and their new shiny shit will be enough to convince their fan boys to move on. For some it appears to be working.
    People being fine with the Apology given doesn't make them fanboy's. Don't like the Apology fine you have every right to not like it. Calling people fanboy's because they did accept it is childish.

I'm ok with the Apology and ill see how they act in the Future. The only way to know if this Apology has merit is to see how they handle themselves from this point on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Of course, they don't want to lose more customers.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    An apology would've included an admission of wrongdoing and the fact that they are incorrect on the issue.

They didn't acknowledge that, they just said it was handled poorly. A real apology would've involved rule changes (or hell, even no rule changes given their supposed company policies on inclusion) and revoking all punishments on all players affected beforehand.
    The rules are fine. No politics in my games - thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Of course, they don't want to lose more customers.
    The stock went nowhere but up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The rules are fine. No politics in my games - thank you.
    Hate to break it to you but all games have politics in them....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The stock went nowhere but up.
    Its overall gone up one point lol, with a lot of downs and ups in the last month. The biggest hit was losing sponsorships.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2019-11-02 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    revoking all punishments on all players affected
    Hell no that would be the worst decision possible because the problem was not that there were punishments in the first place ( as even blitzchung knew that his stunt was against tournament rules and therefore expected some kind of backlash).
    The problem was the draconian extend of the punishment and how quickly it was given.

Absolutely nothing to apologize for, and i think it was out of place, especially as the kick-off for Blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Like?
    I mean they openly joked about people already demonstrating about it and they clearly didn't shut them down or threw out Winnie the Poo cosplayers. Already sounds to me they are doing what they talked about supporting.
    How about they do what south park did? A nice fuck the Chinese government or just unban the people that they fucked over to save face with China. If they did that then i would believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    How about they do what south park did? A nice fuck the Chinese government or just unban the people that they fucked over to save face with China. If they did that then i would believe them.

How would that help them?
    China is very important for them for business. How would that help you if they did more than "YEA COOL!".

When I watched that, my first though was "lol, corporate pr speech". Corporates are not people. They will do what seems best action to reach for some more money.

Look at what they do. Not what they say.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    How would that help them?
    China is very important for them for business. How would that help you if they did more than "YEA COOL!".
    It would let me know they won't roll over for the Chinese government. It would win them back respect in the eyes of a lot of people. But you're right they do get a lot of money from china so if they get banned there then that would hurt them. I would say tho it would be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the way I feel about it. Was the apology bullshit? Yes and no. J. Allen Brack was obviously choked up when he started. That being said, they aren't reversing the decision anymore than they already have so it's basically an empty apology with a promise to do better in the future. We will see about that.

But I've been seeing a lot of hate towards people who are excited about what they've shown which is ridiculous. Boycotting Blizzard at this point will accomplish nothing. What they did while wrong, isn't impactful enough to get a meaningful amount of people to join in the boycott so the pull back on the punishment is the best we're going to get. There's also the factor of Hong Kong itself. Boycotting Blizzard will not make the situation in Hong Kong better, because Blizzard isn't the one committing the atrocities there. China is. China funds Blizzard, Blizzard does not fund China.

I will say that this situation as well as the NBA one and others has awoken me to the fact that other countries hold so much influence over American companies and I think that's a real problem. One that I will be looking for candidates to address in the upcoming elections. I mean politicians sent a letter to Blizzard over this, so I do think it will be an issue going forward in the elections.

All in all, I have friends who I met in WoW who I've known for a decade and who only play Blizzard games. Unless I knew meaningful change would happen by boycotting Blizzard I'm not willing to sacrifice my primary way of hanging out with those friends when I don't believe any change will actually come from it. The self-righteousness I've been seeing from some people is really not a good look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    What apology? All I heard was a guy vaguely talking about something that, if you didn't already know it, you'd have no idea what he was even talking about. He didn't even acknowledge or apologize or do anything of the sort.

And yet it fools people like you OP, into thinking it was anything lmao
    Exactly - it was an apology that didn't mention, Hong Kong or China, and didn't commit Blizzard to anything concrete; I definitely believe he's sorry Blizz is getting held responsible for its actions, and that he wishes the company could do whatever it wanted to make money without controversy in both the West and China.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Look at what they do. Not what they say.
    What they did was admitting wrongdoin in a delicate situation.
    And not only with a shitty bluepost that no one is reading if it isnt posted on frontpages of fansites (like they usually do), no they did it live infront of (probably) hundredthousands of people that were watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Here's the way I feel about it. Was the apology bullshit? Yes and no. J. Allen Brack was obviously choked up when he started. That being said, they aren't reversing the decision anymore than they already have so it's basically an empty apology with a promise to do better in the future. We will see about that.

But I've been seeing a lot of hate towards people who are excited about what they've shown which is ridiculous. Boycotting Blizzard at this point will accomplish nothing. What they did while wrong, isn't impactful enough to get a meaningful amount of people to join in the boycott so the pull back on the punishment is the best we're going to get. There's also the factor of Hong Kong itself. Boycotting Blizzard will not make the situation in Hong Kong better, because Blizzard isn't the one committing the atrocities there. China is. China funds Blizzard, Blizzard does not fund China.

I will say that this situation as well as the NBA one and others has awoken me to the fact that other countries hold so much influence over American companies and I think that's a real problem. One that I will be looking for candidates to address in the upcoming elections. I mean politicians sent a letter to Blizzard over this, so I do think it will be an issue going forward in the elections.

All in all, I have friends who I met in WoW who I've known for a decade and who only play Blizzard games. Unless I knew meaningful change would happen by boycotting Blizzard I'm not willing to sacrifice my primary way of hanging out with those friends when I don't believe any change will actually come from it. The self-righteousness I've been seeing from some people is really not a good look.
    Well said.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasnt a apology, as it was fake. The guy pretty much said same thing they wrote weeks ago as text.

Youtube comments were very.....yeaaaaaa right....type.
    If i was there i would probaly trow a tomato at him.

Also we have a whole thread here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-Money/page88

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Got it. To me an apology that tries to fulfill criteria is not apology.
    Their actions and words tells me it's genuine, if it wasn't they wouldn't have reduced the ban time and given back the prize money.
    I don't expect anyone to abandon good principles just because of an angry mob however.

Even the ones INVOLVED knows what they did were wrong. And agree with that it was wrong, I also think blizzard went overboard and acted wrongly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Youtube comments were very.....yeaaaaaa right....type.
    Youtube comments, the pinnacle of societies commentary, like if you read this on Nov 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If i was there i would probaly trow a tomato at him.
    No you would not, thats just pathetic

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't sound very sincere. Sounded scripted and empty.