658. This poll is closed
  • Lich King

253 38.45%
  • Sylvanas

405 61.55%
Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Who Should have Won LK VS Sylvanas

Vote who should have won and we will let the fans decide. Not some "PC" writer.

Remember, Bolvar wasn’t exactly some powerful dude by any means. He is nothing compared to what Arthas was before receiving the helm. Not to mention, an absurd amount of power came from Frostmourne, something Bolvar also doesn’t have.

Sylvanas is literally a powerful banshee capable of killing armies alone.

There is no way in hell Lich King stood a chance against someone like her. Most of the Alliance and Horde leaders could have wiped the floor with Lich King.
    Last edited by Zentail; 2019-11-03 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Remember, Bolvar wasn’t exactly some powerful dude by any means. He is nothing compared to what Arthas was before receiving the helm. Not to mention, an absurd amount of power came from Frostmourne, something Bolvar also doesn’t have.

Sylvanas is literally a powerful lich capable of killing armies alone.

There is no way in hell Lich King stood a chance against someone like her. Most of the Alliance and Horde leaders could have wiped the floor with Lich King.
    So me as a DK with the shards of frostmourne (from Legion) I can kill her and the Lich King?

LK should have won.

he might not be as powerful as Arthas but he should still be pretty powerful.

add the fact that he was on his own homeground and had his army then he should have won easily.

instead, he got destroyed alongside his army like they were a bunch noobs.

EDIT: I honestly forgot what I vote now

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the story of Sylvanas's alliance with The Jailer and Shadowlands, the outcome was pretty clear. It will be interesting to see if and how Bolvar fights back as the expansion proceeds.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    So me as a DK with the shards of frostmourne (from Legion) I can kill her and the Lich King?
    If you had the full Frostmourne, the Lich kings helmet, Armour and the teaching Arthas got from Ner'zhul, you would have been able to before she got powered up.

Bolvar on the other hand only had the helmet and on top of that Sylvannas is now getting a load of power from the Maw, where every soul who has died in the war has gone increasing it's and her power. So she's farrrrrrrrrr stronger than she was when Arthas was LK. Even he probably wouldn't have been able to beat her now considering she is getting seemingly far more power than he was from the same place he was.

So if we look, both were drawing power from the Shadowlands, only she has an entire being helping her out and feeding her the power of thousands, if not millions, of souls. Basically, even OG Arthas LK probably wouldn't have stood a chance.

Sylvanas with her new-found dark power from The Maw's Jailor is fueled by souls I imagine much like Frostmourne's power gained by the amount of souls it consumed. It's unclear also if any of Ner'zhul's spirit remained after Arthas's Lich King was defeated so Bolvar merely assumed the role of Jailor of the Damned with next to no combat experience with his powers and this being the first real test he was simply outclassed.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-11-02 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    LK should have won.

he might not be as powerful as Arthas but he should still be pretty powerful.

add the fact that he was on his own homeground and had his army then he should have won easily.

instead, he got destroyed alongside his army like they were a bunch noobs.

EDIT: I honestly forgot what I vote now

Bolvar IS powerful. That is the point of the cinematic. It is not to show Bolvar as some sort of weakling; we all know that the Lich King is incredibly strong. The point of the cinematic is to show just how exponentially stronger Sylvanas has become with her newfound power drawn from the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
    Bolvar IS powerful. That is the point of the cinematic. It is not to show Bolvar as some sort of weakling; we all know that the Lich King is incredibly strong. The point of the cinematic is to show just how exponentially stronger Sylvanas has become with her newfound power drawn from the Maw.
    and it's bullshit obviously.

and people bitched about how powerful Jaina was who is way more legit than Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    and it's bullshit obviously.

and people bitched about how powerful Jaina was who is way more legit than Sylvanas.
    You don't have to like it, but based on the story they are telling the outcome is logical.

Bolvar didnt have Frostmourne which was from where most of Lich Kings powers came from.

Bolvar is the weakest Lich King.

Both Arthas and Ner'zhul were both far more powerfull beings so for me it makes sense that Bolvar would lose this fight.
    If Arthas the Lich King with Frostmourne would be in his place then things would be different.

I'm okay with Sylvanas winning. What i don't like is Sylvanas winning without any real contest. The fight was just boring.

Sylvanas is powerful now, no doubt about it but I think this fight should've been closer than it was made out to be. Sylvanas seemed to be barely breaking a sweat for most of it and we also have to consider the fact that she laid waste to an entire legion of undead before going 1v1 with Bolvar. She's got to have an insane level of power to be able to pull that many mobs and I think the idea that she just 'has' the power without any sort of physical upgrade is dumb. We have literally nothing to point to other than "The Jailer" whom we know nothing about as to why she's suddenly so powerful. Imagine if Arthas just suddenly gained DK powers in WC3 without Frostmourne because "he made a deal with the Lich King" or Illidan becoming powerful without the skull of Gul'dan. We're missing the event which gave her the powers and thus we're unable to fairly and accurately judge how powerful she reasonably should be and therefore it feels more like a deus ex machina.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    none. should have been some kind of tie. and LK opens up or infuses sylvanas to break the sky and open a portal, after he learns why and how she got so powerful. thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh Sylvanas 100%. I feel like people aren't even trying to piece things together, nor did they want blizzcon last night. They literally covered the lore behind that cinematic. In Shadowlands, all the souls that die are going to the jailer within The Maw. Sylvanas worked a deal out with him/her in exchange for more power. I don't know what the relationship between her and Helya has to do with it, but ultimately, the more people that died since that exchange, the more powerful Sylvanas became. Sylvanas was already a powerful Banshee/Dark ranger, but when you massacre a lot of NE's/Teldrassil and start a faction war, there's going to be a lot of corpses. All they corpses allowed Sylvanas to grow in power exponentially.

Knowing that, we need to then remind ourselves that this isn't the real LK. What made Arthas as power as he was, was the fact that he was a war veteran, wielded the power of thousands of souls within Frostmourne, and had mastered his powers he gained over ample years of being the LK. Bolvar wasn't LK for nearly as long as Arthas, nor did he wield a weapon as powerful. Sylvanas is insanely powerful compared to how she was during Wotlk when we were helping her run away from Arthas in Halls of Reflection.

All that being accounted for, it makes complete sense why Sylvanas wiped the floor with Bolvar. This is where the whole "Morally Grey" thing comes into play. She will stop the ultimate threat, no matter the cost, even if she completely loses her moral compass. The story unfolding is another Mad Queen scenario from GoT. While she believes she's doing what's necessary, there could have possibly been another way to do it without as many severe sacrifices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm okay with Sylvanas winning. What i don't like is Sylvanas winning without any real contest. The fight was just boring.
    That's the whole point dude, to showcase just how powerful she has become. All these deaths she has caused has resulted in her growing in immense power. If it was a more evenly faced battle, then what was burning Teldrassil and starting a faction war worth? If she could barely stand her ground against the LK, then how would she have any shot against death/jailer?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    Vote who should have won and we will let the fans decide. Not some "PC" writer.
    Sylvanas should have won (and did win), it's just how she won lol
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The community reacts too quickly.

I think its pretty obvious you are going to power up Bolvar over the course of the expansion and he becomes the new jailor of the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's the whole point dude, to showcase just how powerful she has become. All these deaths she has caused has resulted in her growing in immense power. If it was a more evenly faced battle, then what was burning Teldrassil and starting a faction war worth? If she could barely stand her ground against the LK, then how would she have any shot against death/jailer?
    Exactly. I don't see how everyone is missing this point. It's not to diminish the power of the LK in anyway. It's to simply show she has gone off the charts in power. It's like in any anime where a new bad guy is introduced and comes in and slaps around the hero who we know is super strong. We don't question "Wait what!? How is he able to do that!?" We understand it is to show just how powerful this new contender is compared to what we know. Sylvanas has grown in power to such a degree that a figure we know to be powerful is of no threat to her whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is absolutely moronic.

You're confusing what "should" have happened with what "I wanted" to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.