• Lich King

253 38.45%
  • Sylvanas

405 61.55%
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    You probably read it wrong because canonically Lei-Shen and Deathwing is stronger, Lei-Shen is better in 1v1, Deathwing is just better overall.
    This was lore before the wow developments. Deathwing was never stronger than LK before Cata events.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    or LK simply opens the Shadowlands for some reason without idiotic helm breaking which makes no sense anyway.
    It wasn’t idiotic. It was actually a pretty great moment for Sylvanas given her history with the Lich King and her lack of appearance for Arthas’ death in favor of a bunch of human paladins. Very cathartic to see her destroy it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    You probably read it wrong because canonically Lei-Shen and Deathwing is stronger, Lei-Shen is better in 1v1, Deathwing is just better overall.
    Leishen was dead and deathwing in Outland or deepholm so Proabbly still counts as strongest on Azeroth at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    I dont disagree with you. I just think they could have orchestrated that fight better and in a way that doesnt completely trivialize someone who shouldn't have been trivialized. Saurfang put up a better fight and he has no magic or powers other than muscles.
    No he did not lol. Sylvanas was very clearly toying with Saurfang, the cleave king, in melee range. With Bolvar she is always trying to keep a distance and stay at max range cos he’s a slow ass dk but if he gets close enough to hit her he’ll really do some dmg.

The fight wasn’t really a display of power from Sylvanas until the chains so I don’t really get people saying the fight was one sided. One character thought it was a fight and the other knew it was a set up for something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    But sadly Sylvanas has goddamn plot armour because she's the new green jesus replacement AKA blizzard's poster baby. Getting so sick of her featuring front and center in the plot for so many years now.

Even as an alliance player it's all sylvanas this, sylvanas that! It's like the wow lore is 80% Sylvanas, 20% other characters.
    Horde players have had to follow around Alliance characters for the better part of a decade. Really no sympathy for you guys. In a faction war expac I’ve spent more time with Jaina fuckin Proudmoore than Sylvanas.

How is she more legit? Where did Jaina get her power? Blizz gave us a actual reason to Sylvanis but Jaina is powerful just cuz.

Slyvannas because she did thus showing her power boost

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post
    How is she more legit? Where did Jaina get her power? Blizz gave us a actual reason to Sylvanis but Jaina is powerful just cuz.
    Other than the boat and occasionally teleporting people away she hadnt done much to change overall story in the way Sylvanas is. Heck while she unleashes some quite crazy spells in BoD she doesnt employ half of those in actual real world. So maybe shes got power close to Sylvanas but she doesnt employ it that much and drive the whole narrative.

Don't know why people are moaning that Sylvanas won.

She bested every level 120 player in Azeroth, while the Lich King could be taken down by ten level 80 players.

So much misinformation here

There is no Ner'zhul, he was destroyed by Arthas before WOTLK events, its cannon, read WOTLK novel, hell, Chris Metzen himself said that Ner'zhul is gone and there is only Arthas, can they retcon that and bring him back? sure, but at this point, there is no Ner'zhul anymore, same with Arthas, the moment frostmourne was broken and release his spirit he went to shadowlands, zero whispers from him, so base on what we know so far Bolvar has no roommates, he is Bolvar The Lich King

As for Arthas vs Sylvannas? its pretty easy in my book, while its true we don't know the full extent of how much power she got so far there are still feats to compare and till i actually see more from Sylvanas i will not hyper her to heavens and go with Arthas without a doubt, IN MY OPINION OFCOURSE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    So much misinformation here

There is no Ner'zhul, he was destroyed by Arthas before WOTLK events, its cannon, read WOTLK novel, hell, Chris Metzen himself said that Ner'zhul is gone and there is only Arthas, can they retcon that and bring him back? sure, but at this point, there is no Ner'zhul anymore, same with Arthas, the moment frostmourne was broken and release his spirit he went to shadowlands, zero whispers from him, so base on what we know so far Bolvar has no roommates, he is Bolvar The Lich King

As for Arthas vs Sylvannas? its pretty easy in my book, while its true we don't know the full extent of how much power she got so far there are still feats to compare and till i actually see more from Sylvanas i will not hyper her to heavens and go with Arthas without a doubt, IN MY OPINION OFCOURSE
    Arthas didn’t actually destroy Ner’zhul he just over powered his soul so much that only arthas was dominate in the crown. There could possibly be part of Ner’Zhul still in the crown we have no way of knowing all we know is that part of Him and arthas were still in the shards of froustmourn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

She bested every level 120 player in Azeroth, while the Lich King could be taken down by ten level 80 players.
    Neither of those things are true. Sylvanas was never a boss she didn’t beat any players and arthas one shot the argent champions and only lost because frostmourn broke.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    and it's bullshit obviously.

and people bitched about how powerful Jaina was who is way more legit than Sylvanas.
    And they were full of crap too. Jaina’s scenes have been kickass.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Arthas didn’t actually destroy Ner’zhul he just over powered his soul so much that only arthas was dominate in the crown. There could possibly be part of Ner’Zhul still in the crown we have no way of knowing all we know is that part of Him and arthas were still in the shards of froustmourn.
    We are going in circles with this, Arthas destroy Ner'zhul spirit in the novel WOTLK and in blizz QnA2010 they said he's gone, nothing about him after that except fan theories and misinformation, can they retcon him? sure, but as i said at this point in time there is no Ner'zhul anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    We are going in circles with this, Arthas destroy Ner'zhul spirit in the novel WOTLK and in blizz QnA2010 they said he's gone, nothing about him after that except fan theories and misinformation, can they retcon him? sure, but as i said at this point in time there is no Ner'zhul anymore
    There really isn’t any circle, in the novel arthas diminishes him just like the kid arthas who was sitting under ice crown neither of them were destroyed just put to such a state that only LK arthas had control. Apart Him being in froustmourn with apart of arthas isn’t a fan theory of misinformation it’s a quest you can do in game right this moment.

He may be in the helm he may not be but from what we have in game and in book right now they don’t need to retcon any thing as parts of him are still around as of legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There really isn’t any circle, in the novel arthas diminishes him just like the kid arthas who was sitting under ice crown neither of them were destroyed just put to such a state that only LK arthas had control. Apart Him being in froustmourn with apart of arthas isn’t a fan theory of misinformation it’s a quest you can do in game right this moment.

He may be in the helm he may not be but from what we have in game and in book right now they don’t need to retcon any thing as parts of him are still around as of legion.
    If you are talking about DK quest for the artifact weapon? those are nothing more than echos, after Arthas 'wake' up and start the Wotlk expansion Ner'zhul was never once mentioned as duo or been part of LK persona, he was gone because of Arthas end him
    Last edited by kaelix1; 2019-11-13 at 09:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about DK quest for the artifact weapon? those are nothing more than echos, after Arthas 'wake' up and start the Wotlk expansion Ner'zhul was never once mentioned as duo or been part of LK persona, he was gone because of Arthas end him
    to quote bolvar

The Lich King: It is done! From the shards of Frostmourne the twin blades are born! Soon, they shall feed upon the souls of my enemies! I sense powerful spirits remain within the blades. Enter into the spiritual realm within and purge them of all that resist your domination!
    these aren't just mindless echo's they are reliving the part of the novel where arthas take control for eternity and are aware of you when you go in.

and ya Ner'zhul isn't active thats' because arthas has subjugated all other personality's so only he is active in the helm but they still exist as we see with kid arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    Vote who should have won and we will let the fans decide. Not some "PC" writer.
    that depends. Pre-embued Sylvanas would have lost easily. Post-embued, there is no contest...she would have swept the floor with LK and made a rug outta him. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

To be fair to the LK, she did die a few times. Unlike LK, she had ressers. So w/o her valkryie, she'd be long dead.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

In reality? Bolvar.

But we all know why Sylvanas won. They need to push her relevance, and if Bolvar can beat her, then that probably takes care of about half of Shadowlands' story/issues. They could've made it look a bit less trivial.

And also they need to work on how they frame stuff. The way they had the camera set up was how you would do it if you wanted to paint Sylvanas as a sympathetic underdog character. She isn't either of those.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Our Queen should have won and she did! Go Queen!
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS

Quote Originally Posted by trololo681 View Post
    This is interesting, I guess the narrative is that the Jailer powers are insane if he is capable to boost Sylvanas at the level of LK Arthas, while Arthas was not
    Kil'jaeden or Sargeras he was still describe as one of the strongest beings that Azeroth had, not sure what to say, this new lore make Sargeras and his legion look like a joke in my eyes

This is interesting, I guess the narrative is that the Jailer powers are insane if he is capable to boost Sylvanas at the level of LK Arthas, while Arthas was not
    Kil'jaeden or Sargeras he was still describe as one of the strongest beings that Azeroth had, not sure what to say, this new lore make Sargeras and his legion look like a joke in my eyes
    This Jailer power shit is honestly just a cop-out.
    As of now, he is such a nebulous asspulled entity that we have no idea what he could do, how much of his power Sylvanas has, how much her actions to fill up the Maw contribute to her own power gain. Like, how much power does she get per soul? Yet we need to stretch our suspension of disbelief because "yeah dude there is this mean looking dude and he gives her powers so shes like super powerful."

Pretty weak writing.

edit: I know this'll prompt a lot of "but dudes any new lore is 'asspulled' and "the fact that you don't know about the Jailer is why you need to wait and see." But honestly, if Anduin came out of the blue, started driving the plot with oneshot holy powers with which he kills Thrall and other characters without breaking a sweat with the weak justification that "Oh yeah, he's being empowered by a powerful Light figure we haven't seen before," it'd be just as irksome.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2019-11-14 at 12:20 PM.