Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Yeah, it was such an epic war against Horde in Alliance campaign in WC3. I clearly remember smashing orcs left and right here!!!!!1111 Oh, wait... I don't.
    But at least in Classic WoW, pretty much all quest chains and every zone were about sticking it up to that pesky Horde!!!!1111 Oh, wait. They weren't as well.

"Pillar", yeah...
    You're quoting the exceptions, not the rule, forgetting Warcraft 1, 2, and all the WoW content resolving around the faction war.
    Besides, the game doesn't have to resolve ONLY around the faction war, but I don't see how someone can deny that the Hord and Alliance war is a core part of Warcraft. It's just delusional.

People are seriously overreacting. They didn't add cross faction because they didn't get around to it this expansion: the war won't start back up in 10.0.

Factions are never going to go away completely though, and that's something people need to come to terms with.

Factions can still exist. War Mode can still exist. Just let players group for PvE content.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    something they just couldn't reverse.
    I can argue this. If they make it a choice, a toggle, whatever, they can tell another story of faction war, and we, the PCs that WILL get pointed at shared enemies can decide for ourselves as individuals if it's worth flagging over.

If they squander this moment's opportunity to make a permanent change such as this, then yes, it's sacred to the nth degree and, ok, I can plan around that. But it's a shame.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-11-02 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Factions can still exist. War Mode can still exist. Just let players group for PvE content.
    Agreed this isn't that hard

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    People are seriously overreacting. They didn't add cross faction because they didn't get around to it this expansion: the war won't start back up in 10.0.

Factions are never going to go away completely though, and that's something people need to come to terms with.
    I want factions to stay. I'll guess we will watch blizzcon in 2021 and hope for some change

This is a huge missed opportunity and a bunch of bullshit.
    I can't wait for the next trite faction war story, except Tyrande is the instigator this time and then she escapes into the "moon realm" or some horseshit like that.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Alright Alliance players, see you at the next crossroads after our leaders get villainbatted again, we humiliate the Night Elves some more so the Humans can save them, Baine can be sad and Anduin can lecture us again and then leave.

(It'd be reasonable to think Tyrande will get the villainbat this time, but we know it's gonna be the evil Horde again).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Alright Alliance players, see you at the next crossroads after our leaders get villainbatted again, we humiliate the Night Elves some more so the Humans can save them, Baine can be sad and Anduin can lecture us again and then leave.
    What a great story mark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    I hate this stupid fucking meme of an argument.

I hate it so much.

The Alliance and the Horde can be at war, without being at war with each other.

Christ.
    So pretty the difference between enabling warmorde on or off? I can either choose to play along side them or I can choose to kill them. What you want is idiotic and goes against the core fundamentals of what makes WoW... WoW. As a human, I can't forget that horde raped/murdered my village. Same goes for an orc troll or any other horde race. While you might be quick to overlook the lore, the game won't.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I had this thought actually late last night. If Shadowlands feels like an extension of Legion what with Orders "returning" and a focus on solo player content and choice, that means 10.0 will probably be an extension off BFA. Which means more garbage one-off features, but also probably all the leftover stuff BFA teased and never delivered on, like a world revamp and a faction merge.
    Yeah it's possible 10.0 does some things scrapped in BFA like quel'thalas revamp/warfront, attack on stormwind, i think SL is just a filler expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I'm sure they will find more ways to make people go to Horde, so it doesn't matter much.
    I will never go back to Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What fucking missed opportunity?

As Ion has already said... having 2 factions fighting each other is a core part of this game and most of it is built around it. Removing factions would be the single dumbest thing they could ever do, also something they just couldn't reverse.
    Except it isn't a core part of the game when story wise we're almost always fighting an outside and a large portion of players don't even care about PVP in general. Additionally, it could potentially be "reversed" at a later date by expanding on the idea they're exploring with Covenants. Having factions separate from Alliance/Horde that players can CHOOSE to join if they want to go back to unending hostilities. As it currently stands, the Horde/Alliance faction divide is hurting the game without contributing anything at all in terms of compelling gameplay or story.

I love how some people spread blullshit about the factions merging so much that they ended up eating it themselves because quite frankly it was and still is incredibly stupid.

What I don't like is seeing people demand Ion lose his job just cause he burst their self-deluded bullshit bubble.

You know what, even if Ion goes the factions will stay.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I will never go back to Horde.
    Guess it's two of us (unless Kael'thas goes back to rule Silvermoon).

Thank fucking God.

and retail Alliance continues to dwindle. Great.

This feels like a life support expansion.

Seriously, leaving the Alliance to...well, what it is right now is a bad move. Dividing an already dying raiding scene even worse. Calling it now, and you can quote me on this, Shadowlands is gonna be a new low for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I'm not entirely surprised. I wish they'd do away with the faction war story entirely. BfA proved that it wasn't as fundamental to WoW story as people thought.
    Only because they didnt fully commit to it and had sad orc boi shaming us for wanting a faction war the whole time. And the alliance wasnt a worthy opponent with Anduin at the helmet of it. And then Jaina with her "but then we will he as bad as sylvanas" with dazaralor lol just kill me.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-02 at 06:30 PM.

So after Shadowlands it will be another silly faction war. Such a missed opportunity.

What do you feel?
    if you cross factions, there is no reason to really have two.