Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    No. You can't form guilds with people from the other realms, you can't trade stuff with them other than the loot in a dungeon, probably other things too.
    Pretty sure you can form guilds with people from the connected realms. Whether people actually do it is another issue altogether, but it is possible. (The connected realm I played on back in WoD was very adverserial between the realms it had connected with.) Also, pretty sure Blizz mentioned addressing realm population again at BlizzCon. I doubt it means anything other than more connected realms but maybe they have a different solution.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Pretty sure you can form guilds with people from the connected realms.
    You definitely can. In fact, you can do everything with a player from a connected realm you could do with one from your own. Only difference is that the same name can exist on both connected realms as seperate characters. Prior to them dropping the character limit per realm, it also meant you could have more than the then-current limit on the connected realm, since the limit applies to the named realms, not the connected one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pathetic. Guess it explains why they're letting us do Torghast solo, queue times are going to keep being completely broken for DPS.
    Cross faction wouldn't have solved this LOL, if anything it would have made it worse. There would be even MORE dps and still less tanks

If they can have "mercanery" mode for PvP they should allow similarly for PvE group content...

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Keeping factions separate is killing Alliance raiding right now. "But maybe long-term" is a pretty poor reason to justify objectively bad things happening right now. Same shit as the GCD change, Blizzard directly said they know it's bad but "muh long-term".
    Keep out GCD changes out out of "objectively bad". Just because you don't understand why having so many abilities off GCD was bad and shouldn't have been done in the first place doesn't mean it's bad.

However keeping factions separate unless you pvp is stupid, because in fields where it kinda matters, you can go mercenary but can't do that in PvE where factions had little meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Keep out GCD changes out out of "objectively bad". Just because you don't understand why having so many abilities off GCD was bad and shouldn't have been done in the first place doesn't mean it's bad.

However keeping factions separate unless you pvp is stupid, because in fields where it kinda matters, you can go mercenary but can't do that in PvE where factions had little meaning.
    Blizzard themselves said the GCD change would feel worse to play with(which in itself should be enough reason not to do it). Its also not that I don't "understand" the change, it's that I completely disagree that it's good for the game in either long-term or short-term.
    The point of my post was that they used vague bullshit like "long-term harm" to justify the GCD change, same as with factions. It's one of their go-to "reasons" that you can't even argue with because it's vague as fuck.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    They literally said they can't merge servers because there will be lots of people with the same character name, and they don't want to go down the rabbit hole where people are forced to name change randomly when they had that name for years, as a result of the server merger.

Adding a 2nd name to the character on the same day as multiple server merger would really fix a lot of things, but Blizzard doesn't want to make it possible to have 2 names.
    Gods i would LOVE surnames in this game

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If anything, it's kind of ridiculous that NPCs can do that just fine, but players aren't allowed to... unless they PvP where they can go Mercenary mode. And Arena never bothered to to prevent HvH or AvA.

Blizz is sending some really confusing messages there.
    Its simple:

Removing the factions in pve means having to do the work to actually script a neutrality mode for the game where they can essentially make every mob neutral with players as opposed to outright hostile, they would basically have to remove pvp on in every townhub, its alotta work but the irony is its actually -very- dooable.

They dont even need to add reps for Horde or Alliance just legit let you pick neutrality in pve so you can invite people into groups, or raids.

Its fine if they keep warmode for pvp and even incentivise it more, maybe add new ways to make it interesting but atm, blizzard cant programme that far their programming team is, aweful basically, their art team is their best team with their cinematic team and music/sound teams being equally amazing but their story/programming and design teams are generally lackluster.

In short, they cant be arsed, its not that they couldnt do it, its that actually doing it requires alot of work, which could easily just be done in incraments, such as, letting people walk in capital cities at first, but then later adding the other towns/places down the patchline.

Again, blizzard hasnt got the gusto to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Its simple:
    You're just set to hostile with the other factions reps. That's why they attack you. It's not just simple, it's also easy.

But that's not what i'm asking for anyway. That's purely about grouping up with players of the other faction, which for no good reason we can't do even though it happens rather regularly in lore and is even possible in PvP through Mercenary mode.

Blizzard themselves said the GCD change would feel worse to play with(which in itself should be enough reason not to do it). Its also not that I don't "understand" the change, it's that I completely disagree that it's good for the game in either long-term or short-term.
    The point of my post was that they used vague bullshit like "long-term harm" to justify the GCD change, same as with factions. It's one of their go-to "reasons" that you can't even argue with because it's vague as fuck.
    Yes you don't understand why it was done. It is good for the game and blizzard should never stupidly taken off spells off GCD. Making spells out of GCD takes away understanding and executing basic spell priority because you can just slap macros to everything and forget that offensive CDs even existed.

Just dumb ass people parroting idiotic things without giving any thought to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping factions separate is killing Alliance raiding right now. "But maybe long-term" is a pretty poor reason to justify objectively bad things happening right now. Same shit as the GCD change, Blizzard directly said they know it's bad but "muh long-term".

- - - Updated - - -

They don't do it anymore because idiots whine about their "server identity"(I guess they identify as dead?) or that there'll be other people with the same name. They could connect every low pop server on EU and that collective would still be smaller than the healthy servers probably.
    It's killing MYTHIC alliance raiding. They should never do such a sweeping change for such a small part of the game's population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iruru View Post
    ''Daelins murder''. You mean how he started attacking them and they fought back?

Yeah, how dare they defend themselves...
    Yep, I agree with you ( not that there is much to agree on as it is a factual representation of what happened)

The Kul tirans still see Daelin as unjustifiably murdered. That was my point.

I mean, Jaina's mother recognized it, but the general kul tiran will see it as murder.

Nevertheless, you are right and he attacked first.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    For the top end, definitely. I wanted to play Vulpera with my Alliance guild I'll be all alone again! :P
    You can have the vulpera. I was hoping to have those snake people.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    You can have the vulpera. I was hoping to have those snake people.
    Same here, it's a shame really. I could have gotten both since I play both factions, but instead Alliance got more gnomes...

Gnomes...Why did it have to be gnomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    It's killing MYTHIC alliance raiding. They should never do such a sweeping change for such a small part of the game's population.
    No, it's killing all Alliance raiding. Mythic just makes it more visible due to the already small starting population and more stringent size requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's killing all Alliance raiding. Mythic just makes it more visible due to the already small starting population and more stringent size requirement.
    It's not. You can group across realms, it not a problem. And if it were, you can fix it by connecting more servers, as they have said.

So if it was a problem, there would be a simpler fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    It's not. You can group across realms, it not a problem. And if it were, you can fix it by connecting more servers, as they have said.

So if it was a problem, there would be a simpler fix.
    Those at best slow it down. They don't fix the underlying problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those at best slow it down. They don't fix the underlying problem.
    Really? And you say that based on what?
    Because from where I stand, you are getting this info out of nowhere.

Interview from Preach and Bay:

From 8.30.

So after Shadowlands it will be another silly faction war. Such a missed opportunity.

What do you feel?
    The first expac we get where both sides become one faction, the game will lose it's appeal to many players. The basis OF the game is having horde and alliance. Not a combination of the two, at least not permamently. *I can see a patch or two where this happens..but not a whole expac.*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Same here, it's a shame really. I could have gotten both since I play both factions, but instead Alliance got more gnomes...

Gnomes...Why did it have to be gnomes!
    What was the gnome allied race supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    Awesome no factions has to be one of the stupidest ideas people have been floating around.
    My issue is that I can't write my own story a little more and team up with this Tauren that saved my life back when I was questing in Mountain Hyjal. Just simply because of "WARCRAFT FACTIONS RAWWWWWGGGGHHH!!!!!!!"

I think Blizzard misses out on a ton of stories they could do with the cross-faction play. Heck, they could even expand the achievement system and have things like "Run Dungeon XYZ with two members of the other faction". Or should LF1M tank....wow look 20 Orc warriors looking to tank something to bad we can't cause its HrDr Orc!

I really tempted to just grab a bunch of those potions that let me talk to the other faction and have the buff up all the time and take screenshots of record it.