Thread: gg ret lol

gg ret lol

WOG healing with healing hands talent was the only thing going good for you.

Now it's been giga nerfed again.

So what is ret good for again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    - 2 immunities
    - up to 2 defensives
    - healing capabilities
    - strong burst

I swear paladins cry more than any other class
    bUt DaDdY SaViX sAiD wE're BaD!1!1

I got so many people arguing with me on Reddit when he released that video because I said most [read: NOT ALL] of what he was moaning about was tuning. Honestly, it's idiotic. Yeah, Ret could do with Pony giving you freedom for the duration or something, and having the Prot talent to turn BoP into a magic defensive instead of physical so you can choose.... But that's about it. The rest of the video was complaining about WoG healing for nothing compared to say... A Shadow Priest with the Shadow Mend Legendary (duh), or Rogues with a BROKEN Conduit. He literally used those two examples which is baffling. His editing is great but that video was just pure bait.

e: Just to add to "healing capabilities", you've got WoG and FoL baseline, and then you can also talent for Selfless Healer (free, instant + 40% extra healing to FoL), Healing Hands (+100% to WoG depending on HP), or Justicar's Vengeance (heals 100% of damage done).

Unfortunately I don't have beta, but from the PTR character I have, some numbers:
    • WoG: 16% hp
    • FoL: 15% hp
    • WoG+HH @ ~60% hp = 22% hp
    • WoG+HH @ ~30% hp = 26% hp
    • WoG+HH @ ~7% hp = 29% hp
    • JV healed for ~10% hp baseline, and 25% with a stun/crit.

Obviously, numbers won't be accurate to a L60 and gear differences, but heyho... Tuning!
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-09-10 at 12:07 PM.

ret is not as bad, its just the whole community mentallity that if you dont play top 5 spec you are not optimal and dont get invited even if you play low content

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is Mid pack, which is completely acceptable. As it means they are actually better tuned than most, and whilst the weakest and strongest tend to swing wildly with nerfs and Buffs, Ret tends to just get QoL's and minor touch ups.

Ret was only OP in wotlk beginning and prepatch I think?
    It's not surprising that they'll be bottom of the pack or complete trash, they always are. It sucks and I finally quit paladin in Legion for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    - 2 immunities
    - up to 2 defensives
    - healing capabilities
    - strong burst

I swear paladins cry more than any other class

Who dosen't have an immunity these days?

Our healing is bad compared to other classes, heck pure dps heal more

Strong burst? other classes have better.

10+ Year Old Account
    This hardly seems like a thread intent on actually starting a conversation.

Closing.