View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove pathfinder

    83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

    208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

    138 32.17%
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
LastLast
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's funny how you neglect to mention that a player who attempts to gank like that, but isn't himself prepared for the inevitable CC, is being punished for his mistake. Especially in retail wow, where if said player attempts to mount up and fly away, you can bomb them with the net.


    The only difference here is that you, and people like you, seem to think that flying is to blame. When in truth it's your own lack of ability to adapt to a different dynamic of world PVP. You don't like that flying exists in the dynamic, so rather than adapt, you attempt to demonize the thing that you don't like.





    I stopped reading here. Again, someone or something you don't like gets demonized. It's blatantly obvious where your opinion stems from; and it's not a place of logic of objectivity. Good day.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Failing to understand the argument I made isn't the same thing as me "dodging". I'm sorry you can't perceive anything that isn't directly effecting you, or understand concepts beyond what you immediately see. But that doesn't make me wrong. You're seeing two things: Flying and a lack of PVP targets. You make the assumption that the two are connected. But when someone comes along and provides an alternative explanation for why one is not directly causing the other, rather than consider carefully what's being explained, you get mad that someone doesn't share your view.

    To the both of you: If you so badly want world PVP without flying, then Phase 2 of Classic is about to begin. Go there. Enjoy yourselves.
    "you can net them" yeah if u give my net 5000 yards range dude. you are absolutely off your rocker if you think that is the case. the net is the most worthless shit, you don't think we've all tried to make that work you narcisistic basement dweller? it doesn't work in practise, and you would know that, the only time the fucking net/shell works is if people are hovering AFK. so yeah, flying is to blame, for Wpvp and so much more. as I said, all it does is take away from the game, not add to it. it reduces immersion you get to experience less of the content that was created for you, wasting the effort of the entire development team, wether its Art, Sound, or anything else. and honestly, im confident that anyone who disagrees is being Intelectually dishonest. they all know, but they don't actually want to experience the game. they don't like the game, they like a few select things in the game. such as the Pokemon shit, or collections, or maybe they only like Arena, or Only like Raiding. Personally i fucking hate the game right now, still love raiding. but that isn't Wow, that is just raiding. I used to like everything, From BG's to Arena's, to Raiding, to dungeons, and even the retardedly long attunement quests from TBC, I've spent thousands of hours exploring the world, I've wall jumped everywhere, under and ontop of every major city and Vista, and that is different, that is liking the game. and I'm sorry that you don't, I don't either anymore, and it sucks. but objectively Flying was a mistake and only helps to hurt the game and you know it, so stop fighting for ur right to skip parts of the content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    The heck are you talking about? I was referring to how flying lead to less interaction in general between factions.

    Flying is the major reason for killing wpvp.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Dont mind sircowdog, he seems to think that lack of content is the reason world pvp is dead. ( even though it was alive and well until flying was unlocked in bfa). He just refuse to admit that and keeps dodging.
    his issue seems to be with Wpvp iteself though, he just seems to think its bullying or some shit.

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    narcisistic basement dweller
    Do you want your point of view to be taken seriously? Next time avoid these:

    1) Wall of text
    2) Lack of grammar.
    3) Opening with an insult.
    4) Logical Fallacies:
    • 4a: Sound is harmed by flight(really?)
    • 4b: Fun/Immersion is subjective
    • 4c: Raiding isn't wow(really?)
    • 4d: Straw Man(Claiming I want to skip everything)
    • 4e: Straw Man(Assumption that I have problems with WPVP. Bullying(really?))

    I get it. You don't agree with my point of view. But seriously, literally everything about your post is based on false premise, bad presentation, and utterly made up points that have nothing to do with where I actually stand on the topic.

    Next time try actually reading with the intent to understand instead of insult.

  3. #543
    Herald of the Titans ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Icecrown
    Posts
    2,890
    How are people still complaining about this?

    "Oh no, I can't fly at launch and skip all the content! Looks like I won't be pre-ordering!"

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    How are people still complaining about this?

    "Oh no, I can't fly at launch and skip all the content! Looks like I won't be pre-ordering!"
    That is one of the dumbest pseudo arguments you could hear. I can skip content by simply not doing it regardless if flying is enabled or not.
    Running away from mobs on the ground is also possible, i prefer to stun and walk away from anything that manages to dismount me than to engage in combat.
    Fly paths and whistle does that too.

    In mechagon we had jetpack. In nazjatar we had deepcoral bud, skipped everything I didn't need for Q.

    In fact, Im not interested in anything other than dungeons and raids until flying is enabled. Why would I? Doing some fun stuff in open world is much better with flying.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is one of the dumbest pseudo arguments you could hear. I can skip content by simply not doing it regardless if flying is enabled or not.
    Running away from mobs on the ground is also possible, i prefer to stun and walk away from anything that manages to dismount me than to engage in combat.
    Fly paths and whistle does that too.

    In mechagon we had jetpack. In nazjatar we had deepcoral bud, skipped everything I didn't need for Q.

    In fact, Im not interested in anything other than dungeons and raids until flying is enabled. Why would I? Doing some fun stuff in open world is much better with flying.
    Yeah, retail wow is old and tired at this point. Having played since 2005, and having flying since TBC (what was that again? 2007?), I don't really want to play anymore if I have to deal with tedious bullshit / no flying.

  6. #546
    Slight necro but whatever... I think this is the expansion where they bring back Pathfinder and finally opinion swings 100% against it and everyone admits that it sucks, then it's gone next expansion. They should remove it not to stay ahead of the negativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is one of the dumbest pseudo arguments you could hear. I can skip content by simply not doing it regardless if flying is enabled or not.
    Running away from mobs on the ground is also possible, i prefer to stun and walk away from anything that manages to dismount me than to engage in combat.
    Fly paths and whistle does that too.

    In mechagon we had jetpack. In nazjatar we had deepcoral bud, skipped everything I didn't need for Q.

    In fact, Im not interested in anything other than dungeons and raids until flying is enabled. Why would I? Doing some fun stuff in open world is much better with flying.
    Kaminaris: Doing stuff in the open world is fun with flying I don’t want anything to do with the open world without flying.

    Also Kaminaris: I skip over everything that is not exsactly my current quest when I have flying.

  8. #548
    I don't really mind pathfinder. I'd prefer if it were available right from the start maybe, but the way it is now is also fine.

  9. #549
    I am Murloc! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,789
    Pathfinder is still fine, but playing through Nazjatar I feel the required grind should be more palatable. Nazjatar is such a shithole.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    He literally says while it's happening that there's more boo.
    Doesn't change the fact he also got cheers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    It how all systems are nowdays.

    But i dont rly care either way. As long as I don't have to wait. My one and only wish for shadowlands is that content isnt needlessly gated. Its all i dare ask for at this point..
    Except it doesn't. There isn't any content that gives you relevant rewards for waiting two years to do it.

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Doesn't change the fact he also got cheers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Except it doesn't. There isn't any content that gives you relevant rewards for waiting two years to do it.
    Whos talking about 2 years? What are you smoking now?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  12. #552
    I don't mind pathfinder, just don't make it timegated till one of the latest patches.

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffo View Post
    I don't mind pathfinder, just don't make it timegated till one of the latest patches.
    This. I'd rather have Pathfinder part 1 unlock flying in launch content and then have patch content zone flying unlocked separately with part 2 than have Pathfinder 1 and 2 unlock flying in both launch content and 9.1/9.2 content like it did in BfA.

  14. #554
    I would be fine with pathdfinder if it was granted right after getting the loremaster of each zone.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Whos talking about 2 years? What are you smoking now?
    THe idea was to give flying away for gold after the next expansion hits. That is rewarding players for not doing the content for 2 years.

  16. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Makes sense, its the best system to implement flyin afterall.
    no idiot, the best system to implement flying was, you level to max level and then have to buy like cold weather flying or something to that affect.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

    If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

  17. #557
    You forgot the best option - remove flying in current content completely.

    Short of the best option - having people at least have to complete some of the current content first seems like a reasonable compromise.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

    Short of the best option - having people at least have to complete some of the current content first seems like a reasonable compromise.
    That's what we have now.
    That plus 6 to 11 months of wait time on top.

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's what we have now.
    Indeed, not as good has having no flying in current content - but one can't have everything.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, not as good has having no flying in current content - but one can't have everything.
    I mean by the time flying is unlocked, 8.0 (or in this case 9.0) content is hardly relevant anymore other than the occasional 4 world quests for the emissary boxes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •