Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    It still feels like a retcon, though. The nature of the LK hasn't been well developed in WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    And this is the reason why we have such shit writing. Because there are too many people willing to just accept it rather than demand more of people who supposedly make their living off of crafting narratives. When did telling people to do their jobs become such a bad thing?
    i am no critic of writing, i don't have any professional ties to it. when blizzard decides to let sylvanas win over bolvar and give clues as to why that happens? why should i accuse anyone of bad writing? she became more powerful and is maybe powered by some unknown entity. he devoted his stricken body to keeping the scourge in check, prolonging the inevitable after arthas croaked. but he didn't have the sword, he didn't lose all of his humanity, maybe he thought he'd be a better fighter now and underestimated sylvanas.

but i accept it because it isn't implausible. i like where the story is heading, so i enjoy the ride.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

How i understand it is:
    - There was always a barrier between life and death
    - Lich King's creation also created the undead, which weakened that barrier (There might have been undead before, but they were negligible and didn't quite treathen to crack the sky)
    - Lich King's escapades only further weakened that same barrier, which in turn increased the power he could draw from the shadowlands
    - When Arthas was dealt with this barrier was already pretty weak and the damage caused
    - Bolvar stepped in to try and hold it together (It was probably not all about keeping the undead in check, but also to make sure no d*ckhead comes along and further weakens the barrier)
    - Then Sylvanus came along and did her thing...

How do the convenants play into all this? And why they were militirized from the beginning?
    Well that's because they knew the system in the shadowlands isn't infallible either. Could the jailor go mad and turn all those souls on them, to crack the barrier from the other side? Very likely.

But that's just my current head-cannon.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2019-11-05 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ac.../1100-6226758/

Gives a better context of the quote from the poorly reported kotaku article (they link the gamespot as a source but cherry pick what they want). It was essentially a statement on making the studios focus on the business rather then needless spending on "fun" during the recession.
    so why he wants to make games even more payed, why he denies his grandchild to play video game in his presence, or for that matter why a CEO of a gaming company, doesn't play video games himself in first place?
    Imagine CEO of Ford goes to work driving a Mercedes car, what does tell u about his view about quality of his productions?
    It isn't cherry pick, the guy doesn't want his employees to have fun, which even a brain dead zombie know that work productivity increases when employees are actually having fun not some mindless slaves doing work and back
    I remember he had lot of anti-gaming comments beside those i mentioned but since he withdrew from public view since ages little is known about him, i think his last interview was 2010 or something, Wowinsider had a very detailed blog about him during early days of acquisition and why it will be bad for blizzard future if that happens
    Remember that blizz (or at least Sierra) tried to oppose the acquisition but failed, activision abused some law loopholes to take over Blizzard, but sadly since that story is over 12 years old i really can't remember any detail at all except it had lot of court problems, also wowinsider is sadly closed since ages, i REALLY miss that blog and love it even today
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    - Lich King's creation also created the undead, which weakened that barrier (There might have been undead before, but they were negligible and didn't quite treathen to crack the sky)
    that part at least isn't head cannon, wow undead were some very weak minor skeletons that are nothing at all in compare to any of LK undead creation
    Thaddius alone outshine any undead creature in entire wow history prior to LK rise
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Remember that blizz (or at least Sierra) tried to oppose the acquisition but failed, activision abused some law loopholes to take over Blizzard
    I know this is off topic but I can't just let hate and misinformation run rampant. Blizzard did not oppose Vivendi merging with Activision. Nor did Activision abuse loopholes in the law in order to merge with Vivendi games. Of course Sierra would likely not like the merger because they were being merged into Activision and other parts shut down. Mr. Morhaime (Blizzard) was integral in convincing Mr. Kotick to go through with the merger. Mr. Kotick didn't want to give up control of Activision (to Vivendi) but Mr. Morhaime convienced him that the China market would be worth it and Vivendi had the way to Activision to that market. (Have to scroll pretty far down in the article https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/0...l#1e7845261a16)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Sadly its another retcon in a game filled with retcons. The moment I saw the awful space goat/eredar/sargeras retcon in TBC and Metzen saying he forgot about the story I knew the game would always be plagued with that. Cataclysm was the nail in the coffin for me, I just cant deal with a game that keeps screwing the story non stop. I know there are several more in the past years but sadly it will always be like that. Still I am also pissed with this new retcon, taking a dump all over the scourge.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.