Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Third spec - ranged one with focus on meta. In W3 DH is ranged hero while transformed and in WoW he does not have any attack like that. Even in Illidan book DH are able to fire some ranged projectile if I remember correctly.

Also more customizations for demon forms - various forms and to let you change their colours.

When youre in elf form you have two resources: Angst and Fury. Angst is just a normal energy bar for elf abilities that we're used to today.

You build up fury for each attack you do. Once you reach 100 fury, all of a sudden you turn into your demon form, releasing the demon from within. You are able to walk away from your elf form, which is phase-shifted and immune to all damage and abilities. Your job as your demon form is to stay in demon form for as long as possible before your elf form takes "control" again. Your health pool quadruples, but it begins to decrease in size as you lose control. You return back to your elf form if (1) your demon form reaches 0 health, or (2) you run out of fury (30-40s, time-based, but demonic abilities and damage extend it longer, though).

To me this would feel true to the Demon Hunter fantasy we see from boss fights like Leotheras and Illidan.
    Last edited by NMX-; 2019-12-29 at 10:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I want to be able to anime flip-jump-slice constantly like how warriors spin.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Since it's a wish I'd love a Ranged, Warden-esque style spec for em

But for a "real wish" I would honestly like more flavor/fluff abilities for the DH. Almost every ability they have is straight combat orientation and no fluff like Druids/Mages/Monks/Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did they change the rotation in BFA ? In legion the optimal dps rotation used a lot of movement it was annoying
    since it was alt for me i just picked passive talents and used less buttons, but the decrease in dps was very noticeable
    You are talking of the Momentum talent and its need of using Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat for a % bonus damage. This has been watered down a little in BFA and furthermore isn't the top spec anymore (in M+ you play Demonic, in raids you have a little more leeway, but Momentum isn't the one spec to rule em all anymore); also some of our abilities were cut (Fur of the Illidary) and no legendaries to play around anymore - so yes, if you were "used" to play Momentum in Legion, it is much easier now to play Havoc at its peak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    You are talking of the Momentum talent and its need of using Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat for a % bonus damage. This has been watered down a little in BFA and furthermore isn't the top spec anymore (in M+ you play Demonic, in raids you have a little more leeway, but Momentum isn't the one spec to rule em all anymore); also some of our abilities were cut (Fur of the Illidary) and no legendaries to play around anymore - so yes, if you were "used" to play Momentum in Legion, it is much easier now to play Havoc at its peak.
    oh...
    then i guess i change my hope that u get a more interacting dps spec
    well since i'm confused i'll just say it easier
    1 spec tank (already exist)
    2 spec dps, 1 that does less dps but far more passive (seems like current one?) and 1 heavy button based but deals more dps
    the more important point is they are 2 different dps specs, not copy-paste

- - - Updated - - -

oh...
    then i guess i change my hope that u get a more interacting dps spec
    well since i'm confused i'll just say it easier
    1 spec tank (already exist)
    2 spec dps, 1 that does less dps but far more passive (seems like current one?) and 1 heavy button based but deals more dps
    the more important point is they are 2 different dps specs, not copy-paste

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Since it's a wish I'd love a Ranged, Warden-esque style spec for em

But for a "real wish" I would honestly like more flavor/fluff abilities for the DH. Almost every ability they have is straight combat orientation and no fluff like Druids/Mages/Monks/Priests.
    wardens aren't ranged?
    if u go wc3 roots, then they will have to cannibalize blink from mages and FoK from rogues, which surprisingly i'm fine with since it fits wc3 which is imo more original than wow itself (since it predates wow)
    that can be the 3rd dps spec, warden flavor, add to it spirit of vengeance (nothing like that in wow right?) and the other spells are the general DH abilities
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Give us somekind of new flashy PvP ability...like...summon a pet or something similar to Mage's "Mirror Image".
    2 throw glaives and slow to be baseline...and not a mandatory talent for PvP.
    For Pete's sake, be more imaginative on the talent choices...

Things i dont want to lose

Blind Fury Talent
    Demon Blades Talent

Things i want to come back:

Unbound Chaos azerite trait (never gonna happen) with Fel Mastery and Momentum
    That was so much fun! And before it the CS version, and that CS trait that allowed it to be like WF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    When youre in elf form you have two resources: Angst and Fury. Angst is just a normal energy bar for elf abilities that we're used to today.

You build up fury for each attack you do. Once you reach 100 fury, all of a sudden you turn into your demon form, releasing the demon from within. You are able to walk away from your elf form, which is phase-shifted and immune to all damage and abilities. Your job as your demon form is to stay in demon form for as long as possible before your elf form takes "control" again. Your health pool quadruples, but it begins to decrease in size as you lose control. You return back to your elf form if (1) your demon form reaches 0 health, or (2) you run out of fury (30-40s, time-based, but demonic abilities and damage extend it longer, though).

To me this would feel true to the Demon Hunter fantasy we see from boss fights like Leotheras and Illidan.
    That's basically SPriest, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    That was so much fun! And before it the CS version, and that CS trait that allowed it to be like WF

- - - Updated - - -

That's basically SPriest, is it not?
    That's basically MoP Demo that was removed to make room for DH and then not utilized because Blizz was lazy as fuck.

For blizzard to remove glide , so I don't have to feel remorse playing any other class this time

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    For blizzard to remove glide , so I don't have to feel remorse playing any other class this time
    Double jump + glide is like 90% of the reason I play this class tho...

PLEASE DON'T MAKE DH BAD.

That's what i want to ask for the most part. DH is just great as it is.

Even tho changes i would like is:

1. Demonblades gone (i literally hate not having control of my own fury and just having a talent that decides when i have) FELBLADE tho is amazing
    2. Dark slash usable, it can be good to use
    3. I WANT something that no one ever thought about probably, i want metamorphosis to be a bit like meta in warlocks, how it functioned.
    So this means:
    Remove Metamorphosis skill. As long as you have fury, you will enter in meta all the time. When you DON'T have fury, you will not be in meta.
    That is like saying "That's the fury you can muster!" And make you want to pay attention to your fury all the time.
    Also i like to see my demonic origins and be in metamorphosis longer than seeing a normal elf with just tattoos and blind fel eyes, bring my demonic origins full time.
    4. I want demonic appetite to be a passive also.
    With this and immolation aura, demons bite, and all, your fury will be up all the time, and you can have fury for the most of the time.
    5. Make our wings fly and not just glide.
    6. Make our Death from above talent, a dh talent that is not pvp but in the actual talent list.
    7. Make our Death from above let us move and not just stay static... It's kind of ridiculous that we can't do literally anything.
    8. I don't know how or when i don't care but give us back fury of illidari. That's the nicest ability and i really miss it.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-12-30 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    Double jump + glide is like 90% of the reason I play this class tho...
    Exactly... the moment I learned about horde capital city being a god damn ziggurat and no flying available DH was almost a forced choice , playing anything else would have been annoying af

more than 3 buttons to press would be a start

And when being in Meta, make it somehow worthwhile, not having two skills that i already use as much as possible being enhanced (only their numbers!), give us something new!

And when being in Meta, make it somehow worthwhile, not having two skills that i already use as much as possible being enhanced (only their numbers!), give us something new!
    I mean it's a bog standard cooldown with a kickass visual. What did you really expect?

Personally I feel that veng and havoc are in a decent place and could just use minor tweaks (like felblade and imo aura standard)

I mean it's a bog standard cooldown with a kickass visual. What did you really expect?

Personally I feel that veng and havoc are in a decent place and could just use minor tweaks (like felblade and imo aura standard)
    You are right, as we have a lot of those "boring" cooldowns, but i really dig the ones that change our rotation, at least a bit - like Fire Mage's combustion or Frost DK's BoS.

Third spec ranged dps

GET RID OF DEMONHUNTER. Let's make a class that has mobility as its strength and call it Monk. But hey, for all the adderralled genji fanbois let us make another mobile class that trumps the niche of the monk class and call it demon hunter. Let's also give it a buff for 40% dodge chance that they can use every 30seconds. This class is for the kids who are adderralled out of there fucking mind.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-01-02 at 01:37 PM. Reason: INFRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    GET RID OF DEMONHUNTER. Let's make a class that has mobility as its strength and call it Monk. But hey, for all the adderralled genji fanbois let us make another mobile class that trumps the niche of the monk class and call it demon hunter. Let's also give it a buff for 40% dodge chance that they can use every 30seconds. This class is for the kids who are adderralled out of there fucking mind.
    Found the butthurt monk.

Found the butthurt monk.
    Doesnt matter what class he plays. He is right. DHs are too good in pvp.