Essences Horrific Visions

Hi,

I was wondering if there might be a better Essence Setup than I am running, so I'm curious with what you are running.

Major Essence:
    - Essence of Focusing Iris

Minor Essences:
    - Purification Protocol
    - Conflict and Strife
    - Breath of the Dying

I am running the standard Demonic Appetite Build with Fel Barrage (Because I currently have no Revolving Blades Trait for Trail of Ruin)

Purification Protocol in Major sounds nice for chance of oneshot and Blood of the Enemy / Memory of Lucid Dreams in the Minor?

PP is useful for stunning Rexxars pigs, if you have problems with those. Else I find that I get more damage out of iris, I tend to pull large and kite a lot and have trouble getting stuff to stay in the PP beam, so I get better use out of iris, ymmv.

Purification Protocal is great for randomly one shotting things, I don't actually have Focusing Iris but I still think I'd use PP over it. The stun & random one shots on elites is more useful IMO, especially as DH already has a lot of AoE as it is.

CoF/C&S/BoD for minor slots is what seemingly is best for my character currently, and raidbots dungeon slice confirms that too. Could be different for you.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-03-13 at 12:36 PM.

I use the same 4 essences you do in the same order, feels really solid. I basically just pull the entire zone up to a mini boss and AoE it down and Iris helps a lot with that, and the CD really isn't too bad.

I think Conflict and Strife as well as Breath of the Dying are basically requirements, and Purification Protocol seems solid as well since it adds even more AoE which is always nice in visions.

The only really hard boss is Rexxar and being able to blow up his dogs with stun into Eye Beam into Iris makes running it almost worthwhile even if you never use it again haha.

Just Nova stun then meta stun potion eyebeams couple death sweeps they should be dead
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    PP is useful for stunning Rexxars pigs, if you have problems with those. Else I find that I get more damage out of iris, I tend to pull large and kite a lot and have trouble getting stuff to stay in the PP beam, so I get better use out of iris, ymmv.
    They're beasts, so Purification Protocol doesn't stun them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They're beasts, so Purification Protocol doesn't stun them.
    Oh shit, I assumed that purple pigs were aberrations... screw that then, use iris.

i d use focusing iris major tbh