Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    what is "julia menethil"? what think im supposed to believe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what is "julia menethil"? what think im supposed to believe?
    A mistranslation, proper names don't usually do too well via Google Translate and other such services. It's Calia Menethil.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Blizz did him dirty, i wouldnt even mind him coming back for some redemption. Uther needs to stay dead though, he earned his afterlife
    I'm not writing off the possibility of "death clearing the mind" as described with Elisande and the Four Horsemen. I just don't know where he'd fit in the blood elven hierarchy after they've been doing fine without him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yeah cause you need more generic holy human males to identify with as if you don't copy each other like you come on an assembly line. Give me a break.

But you know, what I really don't give a crap who the Alliance gets as long as they don't drop em on the Horde.
    Imagine having the original redneck paladin and still wanting more. I think the alliance has become too spoiled with their characters. Maybe culling a few would fix this
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    There's nothing I've wanted to be more wrong on than Calia being Forsaken leader. Please give me the link in non-communist. I want to be free.
    Not to be overly political but China calling itself communist doesn't make it a communist state; it's not. It was in the 1950's when Mao first took power but not now, and hasn't been for since, oh, at least 1989.

On topic: Since it's Monday morning in Asia, expect the same Q&As, or at least proper translations, to start showing up tomorrow when it's Monday in the US and Europe.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Ion confirms Calia Menethil will not be the Undead faction leader

Ion confirmed in an interview with Chinese players that Calia won't be a new Forsaken leader.

"Q2. Will Calia Menethil and Derek Proudmoore join the Horde in the upcoming story? A: This is a complicated issue. Calia is very sympathetic towards the situation and condition of the Forsaken, but she will not join the Horde because of this. Additionally, the number of Forsaken who may welcome their presence is not fixed."

That leaves me with one question. Who will be taking up the mantle? Someone from the Shadowlands? Voss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    Ion confirmed in an interview with Chinese players that Calia won't be a new Forsaken leader.

"Q2. Will Calia Menethil and Derek Proudmoore join the Horde in the upcoming story? A: This is a complicated issue. Calia is very sympathetic towards the situation and condition of the Forsaken, but she will not join the Horde because of this. Additionally, the number of Forsaken who may welcome their presence is not fixed."

That leaves me with one question. Who will be taking up the mantle? Someone from the Shadowlands? Voss?
    She was murdered by a Horde warchief.

Ofc she won't be a Horde leader thanks god.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Voss seems to be the favorite, though she's stated she doesn't really want the job she may warm up to it in time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Phew, I guess we avoided the collective suicide of all Forsaken players on this forum. If Baine is now dragged into the Maw and ends up a Big Mac for the Jailer the Horde playerbase might actually be able to breath again instead of choking on their bile and hate

Now, of course this does not mean that Calia won`t be leading the Forsaken, or at least a part of them and bring them into the Alliance as Lightforged Undead or that she will not try to claim the Lordaeronian throne. But thank Elune she is not gonna do it under the Horde banner. Stay with us, Lady Menethil, the Horde does not deserve you anyway.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-05 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    It's hard to read even the translations here. I'm going to find if the 9.0 discussion thread has had a better time reading this than I.

Joining tribes? Wtf is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Not to be overly political but China calling itself communist doesn't make it a communist state; it's not. It was in the 1950's when Mao first took power but not now, and hasn't been for since, oh, at least 1989.

On topic: Since it's Monday morning in Asia, expect the same Q&As, or at least proper translations, to start showing up tomorrow when it's Monday in the US and Europe.
    Single party system; you have to vote for the communist party in China. Doing otherwise is against the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's not introduce unnecessary real-world political discussion to the thread. Return to the actual substance of the thread, the role of Calia and the status of the Horde.

Bring back Varian, replace Anduin and have him put the beat down on Sylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Some characters may come back to life.
    Let it be Garrosh, the dishonor blizzard did to him as a character is unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    No lich king, no Sylvanas. How exactly are the undead suppose to pro create now?
    Right now, the Forsaken have no way to replenish their numbers, well... i guess they could use the now rampaging scourge as an opportunity to let those in the Scourge that are still rational to join them, but after that, maybe Alonsos Foul, Calia and the Naaru could redo the ritual that was used in Calia to make others like her.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Let it be Garrosh, the dishonor blizzard did to him as a character is unbelievable.
    Seriously hope he’s in the Maw. Then, when we save those trapped in there, he stays because that’s where he belongs.

Julia Menethil, Second Idiot Sister

I like that. Calia can go join the Argent Crusade and found a Forsaken sub-section of those to welcome undead who don't want to be traditional Forsaken and Belmont and Lydon can lead the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=19140553

No Warchief anymore.The Warchief's power is too centralized.Coucil system is good for the horde.

Sylvanas may or may not be a raid boss.Every character has the possibility of being boss in this expansion.

Some characters may come back to life.

Mod Edit:
    Are we sure that is what he said.
    Because it sounds more like. She is sorry for them, and going to help them. And some of the forsaken are not happy to see her? Any offical english word on it.
    Would be weird seeing its one of the few/only story points we as the alliance had in bfa....celia and derek.

Hum this is interesting. This is what I think might happen:

The main feature of the expansion is covenants, which every shadowlands zone has (except the Maw, supposedly). I think The Maw actually has a covenant ruled by the Death entity, the Jailer, that Sylvanas is working with. How is she getting stronger? Let me introduce you to a second shadowlands feature: soulbinding. This is where you bind your soul to a denizen of your covenant and get stronger from them. I think Sylvanas made this soulbind with the Jailer.

Now personally, I think your covenant campaigns will culminate with their introduction as playable factions.

A couple of months ago when proposing Calia leadership, I also said :

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    (...)

Now I do not think Blizzard would leave that particular gothic, evil-ish fantasy that the forsaken have brought so far unfulfilled. Even if the forsaken become something a little different, I think there might come something along to fill that fantasy spot. If factions are suffering some kind of change, and races become more self-determined, who's to say there can't be an actual evil playable race? Who's to say Sylvanas can't lead a new race, keeping her aesthetic and theme? Or even a new faction?

It won't be long till Blizzcon now, where we will know more. Till then, guess we just won't know
    Lo and behold, one of the covenants is literally the origin of the scourge, composed of actual skeletons and portrayed as mostly evil, but not strictly. The theme and fantasy of "evil" rotting scourge is being presented in a more fundamental way than even the forsaken. Scourge laboratories, rotting abominations, etc.
    To add credence to this theory, the Venthyr have also been created. The sanlayn archetypal vampire has been widely requested as a playable race for years. And now covenants come along with player animation rigs? I'm pretty convinced they'll be playable.

Which leads me to my final thought. So part of the Forsaken are still Sylvanas loyalists. And she may be in a covenant of the Maw, a dark, "black hole" kind of place. If all the other covenants become playable, who's to say a covenant from the Maw won't be? With Sylvanas usurping the Jailer's leadership, maybe the loyalist forsaken would willingly join her covenant and become playable, preserving not only their leadership, but also darker themes. Allowing the rest of the Forsaken who want Calia to lead them to remain separate, but also exist.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2019-11-05 at 03:56 PM.

oh god, thankfully a bullet is dodged.
    now we can hope to continue to murder ally with plague and assassinations