Is Overwatch PVE just like Left4Dead and Vermintide?

I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, but I was watching some Blizzcon footage of the PVE missions, and it just clicked with me how similar the overall feeling was. Sorry if this has already been brought up, but it's something that I only just now noticed, maybe because of the sci-fi nature instead of zombie/fantasy theme.

I've never played L4Dead or Vermintide, so I don't know about that comparison. Having played the Rio demo at Blizzcon, it's pretty much just an Archives mission but with two minute cutscenes before and after the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, but I was watching some Blizzcon footage of the PVE missions, and it just clicked with me how similar the overall feeling was. Sorry if this has already been brought up, but it's something that I only just now noticed, maybe because of the sci-fi nature instead of zombie/fantasy theme.
    Ever since the first leak that's pretty much been the premise. From the demo footage shown I'm entirely okay with this, and the harder difficulties look hard. Time to pester a few friends for expert mode, I think!

Looks far more boring than L4D or Vermintide honestly.

I mean its similar in the sense that it is maps with objectives and hordes of npcs that attempt to kill you whilst along the way.

Which is okay, I fail how they'd do a coop shooter that isn't objective based maps or simply wave based horde mode.

There might be something like big bosses that takes coordination between people to take down, it is too early to tell just from that single mission available at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-11-04 at 07:55 PM.

I’m just happy the story is moving forward. It’s been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I would LOVE a Vermintide clone tweaked and polished by the Blizzard machine set in the Diablo universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Looks far more boring than L4D or Vermintide honestly.
    Again, if it's anything like the Archives missions have been (which it sounds like that's the case) then it's a essentially a WAY scaled back version of something like Vermintide. You've got your normal enemies, but they tend to be in manageable clumps rather than massive swarms, and you've got you're elites, but they show up less often and aren't quite as random. There's even mini-bosses, but they're more like slightly tougher elites than true bosses.

Basically, it comes down to if having an Overwatch skin over all of that, along with the promise of finally getting an actual continuing storyline, is worth it for you.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I've never played L4Dead or Vermintide, so I don't know about that comparison. Having played the Rio demo at Blizzcon, it's pretty much just an Archives mission but with two minute cutscenes before and after the mission.
    Lobby-based groups where the game is literally about Group Finder and then straight to the dungeon. Boring shit. Also super boring in Overwatch because there are no item rewards.

Not gonna buy it, of course, I was done with Overwatch years ago.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-11-18 at 12:43 PM.