Can allied race DK unlock heritage armor?

If I level an allied race death knight to lvl 120 will I be able to earn heritage armor?

They will start at lvl 1, so yes.
    Being offended is cool and trendy now, don't be a sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWDontu View Post
    They will start at lvl 1, so yes.
    They will start at lvl 10

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...w-shadowlands/

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Yea that ^
    Being offended is cool and trendy now, don't be a sheep.

no i mean in 8.3. maybe im mistaken. i thought allied race dk where coming out before shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    no i mean in 8.3. maybe im mistaken. i thought allied race dk where coming out before shadowlands.
    They are but presumably they won’t unlock heritage armour prior to 9.0
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

i would not say you could in 8.3 as you need to level from 20 up and dk's start at 55

in 9.0 or the pre patch, you should be able to as dk's then meet the requirements

But nothing has been confirmed

Original DK races will start at lvl 1

Allied DK races will start at lvl 10

All allied races start at lvl 10 regardless of class

So yes, you can earn heritage armor as a death knight now

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post

Except you will be able to make allied race dk in 8.3, so all that stuff you said is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Except you will be able to make allied race dk in 8.3, so all that stuff you said is irrelevant.
    Since they just drop out at the point where allied races would normally drop out, it stands to reason that they will probably be level 20 for the meantime. Nothing is confirmed, but the whole point of the new starting experience is to bring them to the same level the allied races start at.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

What I want to know is if death kinghts that we level up before 9.0 will be eligible for heritage armor, or if I have to start over from level 1 after the expansion is released. Considering they are cutting back the leveling time from level 1 to 50 in 9.0 by 60-70%, I feel like DK's that have leveled up with the old system should be eligible. Leveling from 58-120 on live takes at least as long if not even longer than it will take to level 1-60 in 9.0 so it would only make sense right?

Allied Races have the new starting zone for DKs, so probably they will start at 10 or even 20 in 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    If I level an allied race death knight to lvl 120 will I be able to earn heritage armor?
    So, here's what's been confirmed

- Death Knights will start at level 1 (or 10) in Shadowlands.
    - Allied Races will start at level 10 in Shadowlands.
    - Allied Races will be able to play as Death Knights in 8.3, starting at level 55.

Nothing beyond that's confirmed. I'd guess that if you level a Death Knight allied race from 55 to 120 (or started at 55, got squished to 22, then leveled to 60) you wouldn't unlock heritage armor. You're skipping levels you aren't meant to skip.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2019-11-05 at 01:02 AM.

I think some more of the allied races dk stuff will be in the next PTR build that is scheduled to come out with character wipe. Wowhead and mmo-champion will surely datamine everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post

From my understanding, NEW players will start at 1, all OLDER players will start at 10, regardless of race/class. So a new player on a DK/DH starts at 1, but a older player starts at 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Just to check, I made a Zandalari DK. I did get the heritage armor at 110 in 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by whyttedragun View Post
    Just to check, I made a Zandalari DK. I did get the heritage armor at 110 in 8.3.
    Same, this definitely works 100%, I did it with Lightforged.

definitely works!

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes! I just got it on my Zandalari Dk. Also, they start at 58 soo its a bit faster to level up
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Yes you can and Blizzard mentioned you could on the announcement of Death Knight Allied Races when Shadowlands was revealed, so it's not a bug or unintentional. I did it with a Zandalari Troll.