Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Ok, back up your hypothetical then because demanding evidence of mine without offering any evidence of yours implies there's merit to yours.
    ....Do you know what a hypothetical is?
    Here, let me make it another: assuming humans will be able to colonize Vega, water will become a highly priced commodity there.
    I don't need to back up anything, because this is a hypothesis.

You, howered, said the wall is pointless, which is a statement of fact.
    I'm merely asking you to back that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ok, and we're supposed to blame immigrants for intentional moves on behalf of a company?
    No, but we're supposed to acknowledge the reality of the system and plan ahead to address its shortcomings instead of weeping and burying the head into the sand.

Having a mass influx of unskilled cheap labour will by no means make things better, only worse, as companies will be able to hire people desperate to work for less and less so long they get something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Jesus christ.....

Why did you choose to quote and highlight.....the opinion when asked for a study?
    Did you not bother to read or understand, you have yet to offer any rebuttal to the facts stated to you. Swearing doesn't make you right.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    For the love of god, Skroe.
    Why.
    You were actually being interestingly convincing and getting me to listen to you... until that bs part about "the monument to White Supremacy".
    Because that is what it's been from the get go. If you think a border wall as Trump and his cult is either functionally, politically or philosophically in this country's best interests, then you're dreaming. It's been discredited from every angle. But most of all, to me, that's what the wall has always been. I called it a monument to White Supremacy as early as 2016. Because that's what it is. A symbol from the Trump Administration to his White base that he is keeping the brown people out.

But let's be clear about something. I'm about 2 years past reasoning with Trump supporters and Trump policy supporting "independent voters" *snort* about why their ideas are bad. We've had dozens of threads, thousands of posts on the topic. It's been covered in books, by experts, in research, in media, and so forth.

There is no convincing to be done. There is standing on top of the broken ruin of their so-called ideas and celebrating my side's victory.

So you can believe what I wrote, or not. It's irrelevant. We won. You lost. Game over. Trump is never getting his wall. And the next Democratic President will demolish much of these border fences just to make a point.

Then I realized: "Ah okay, it's just the usual derangement racist everywhere right=white supremacy" insanity.

Why. Stop hitting yourselves with this, stick with reality. You had me going for a while.
    I have been fighting against Trump IRL since 2017 (aside from my job as a software engineer at a robotics firm, I moonlight 3 days a week at a non-Partisan anti-Trump PAC). It's not "derangement". It's principled opposition. This is what a political assault looks like. Namely American principles versus those who cloak their un-American prejudice and paranoia under a veneer of "security".

But we're beating them too.

If I sound satisfied Malaky, it's because I am. I am very very pleased with myself right now. It's because I am here, in late 2019 with Trump at the brink of impeachment, Democrats are on a string of electoral victories that bode well for 2020, hundreds of Republicans forced out of Congress since 2016, and most of Trump's policies - most importantly the wall - having been utterly defeated.

We've won. Trump may beat impeachment. He may not. He may win re-election. He may not. It's almost besides the point other than picking a day at which to draw this shambolic Administration to its long overdue close. But functionally, a President's most productive years are always the first two of his first term, and that's long since over.

You and he not getting the wall. Not now. And not ever. And I just want you to know, how very pleased that makes me.

What can I say?

*tip*
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Welp, better have open borders and hand out welfare to anyone who shows up I guess.... or beef up border security.

- - - Updated - - -

Migrants being good or bad people individually doesn't merit some right to be resettled in whatever country they want.
    You do realize, that most of the people that come here illegally, come by plane right? That flies over invisible borders, walls and oceans, Right?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You do realize, that most of the people that come here illegally, come by plane right? That flies over invisible borders, walls and oceans, Right?
    So we need to beef up ICE? Glad you are on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

So we need to beef up ICE? Glad you are on board.
    Nope. We need to abolish ICE. But putting a useless wall on the border, isn't going to slow down illegal immigration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. We need to abolish ICE. But putting a useless wall on the border, isn't going to slow down illegal immigration.
    Ah, so no barriers, and nobody to throw people out who don't belong. So, Open Borders then?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resources are limited, by definition.
    Just because there isn't a big scarcity today doesn't mean you won't get to that point if you keep spending and giving away recklessly, it's already happened.
    A fridge that is plentyful today isn't gonna last long if everyone comes raiding it without accountability.

When the US manage to acquire infinite resources I'll reconsider my position. Until then, the answer is no. Borders are a necessity.
    If only incoming immigrants would mean an increase in the labor force and an increase in taxes paid.

Oh, wait, that's exactly what that means.

And wherever those people live, US or otherwise, they're consuming resources anyway.

Because as I already explained more than once that doesn't address the essence of the problem. You can't open your house to everyone freely, it's just gonna turn into a mess.
    But there's no statistics supporting the notion that it would become "a mess."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Ah, so no barriers, and nobody to throw people out who don't belong. So, Open Borders then?
    Nope the barriers that we have now, are fine. You really do like putting words in peoples mouths. And the CBP is fine, we don't need the Gestapo of ICE doing illegal raids on people, sweeping up US citizens that aren't allowed to talk to anyone for almost a month, with no shower, no toiletries and no bed to sleep in.

Whatever did the US do before ICE was created in 2003?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope the barriers that we have now, are fine. You really do like putting words in peoples mouths. And the CBP is fine, we don't need the Gestapo of ICE doing illegal raids on people, sweeping up US citizens that aren't allowed to talk to anyone for almost a month, with no shower, no toiletries and no bed to sleep in.
    I'd say they aren't given how easily they are crossed. So we need to beef up CBP to comb the country and throw them out?

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't let Theo put words in your mouth or be her usual hypocritical self that constantly contradicts her own words. We're not open borders, we don't need ICE or a wall, our system before was fine. Anyone who's for the concentration camps the Trump admin is running is a fucking fascist.

Our border security for a 2000 mile wall was fine as it was, unless you want to blow a bigger hole in the budget to capture 500 more migrants that the additional personnel MIGHT catch.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I'd say they aren't given how easily they are crossed. So we need to beef up CBP to comb the country and throw them out?
    The only places they are crossing that are "easy" are the places that most of them die because of starvation and dehydration.

Yeah, keep having fun putting words in my mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only places they are crossing that are "easy" are the places that most of them die because of starvation and dehydration.

Yeah, keep having fun putting words in my mouth.
    Well I am just curious if we should or should not restrict migration into the country. I clearly say, eh, Its not a universal good. I don't believe a country is a shopping mall and job fair.

Since the 1960's and various changes to the laws, that has essentially been what it has been. An ever increasing free for all.

Well I am just curious if we should or should not restrict migration into the country. I clearly say, eh, Its not a universal good. I don't believe a country is a shopping mall and job fair.

Since the 1960's and various changes to the laws, that has essentially been what it has been. An ever increasing free for all.
    Yeah, we know, your guy Trump has been using illegals in just about every property he has ever ran in the United States. Mar-A-Lago, hiring illegals to build his buildings, then trying to stiff them out of pay, and being sued into paying them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we know, your guy Trump has been using illegals in just about every property he has ever ran in the United States. Mar-A-Lago, hiring illegals to build his buildings, then trying to stiff them out of pay, and being sued into paying them.
    Oh no!!! Trumps a bad hypocrite? Welp, better have Open Borders. *shrug*

What are you expecting from telling me that?

Oh no!!! Trumps a bad hypocrite? Welp, better have Open Borders. *shrug*

What are you expecting from telling me that?
    It is cute that you are still trying with this bullshit goalpost movement.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is cute that you are still trying with this bullshit goalpost movement.
    Not really, I am curious why pointing out Trumps fault changes my position on immigration and borders?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If only incoming immigrants would mean an increase in the labor force and an increase in taxes paid.
    This would only be correct if the increase in labor force would be equal amongst all types of workforce, but that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    But there's no statistics supporting the notion that it would become "a mess."
    Try it.
    Keep your door open for everyone and put a sign "Everyone comes in! No worries! Enjoy my house!"

See how long it takes.

- - - Updated - - -

You've been lied to if you believe this is what happens. Hard.