Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are actually right on that one, id say it’s as much nonsense there as well. But we are rather off topic.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think “Mabye I’m not informed enough on the subject to know ” counts as a defense.
    You'd think Elegiac would post proof of this since they know so much.

Okay. You think it's plausible. Does that make it better?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You'd think Elegiac would post proof of this since they know so much.

Okay. You think it's plausible. Does that make it better?
    I’d use possible, i’m far to ignorant on the subject to know if it looks believable on the surface or not. I’d say it’s plausible for trumps presidency but i personally lean to incompetence instead of malice in his case.

Mabye they will post something to narrow down what they mean though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Standard English is just a bunch of globalists trying to force their technocratic liberofascism on hardworking Americans. /s

Which is doubly amusing since a lot of the "Build the Wall" folks are also the "Speak English, We're in America!" folks.
    How are immigrants supposed to integrate if they don't even understand the country's main language?

I mean not knowing english in 2019 is a pretty big handicap, not just in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

I’d use possible, i’m far to ignorant on the subject to know if it looks believable on the surface or not. I’d say it’s plausible for trumps presidency but i personally lean to incompetence instead of malice in his case.

Mabye they will post something to narrow down what they mean though.
    I'm waiting. And I'd rule it incompetence. Do you think he actually checks in on how anything is run in this country?

Plus, remember that this also means all president's are now apart of a eugenicist plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    How are immigrants supposed to integrate if they don't even understand the country's main language?
    Dunno, maybe we should preguntele a Canada como sobreviven a pesar de ser bilingues?

Also; fun fact. Immigration reformists have already beat you to the punch by recommending increased funding for ESL programs to help integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Dunno, maybe we should preguntele a Canada como sobreviven a pesar de ser bilingues?

Also; fun fact. Immigration reformists have already beat you to the punch by recommending increased funding for ESL programs to help integration.
    Good then.
    I still don't see why you're against people learning english in America, especially immigrants wishing to make a new life there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Good then.
    I still don't see why you're against people learning english in america, especially immigrants wishing to make a new life there.
    I'm against people insisting that others "speak English, because this is America" when English is as foreign a language to the Americas as Spanish.

The point of language is to facilitate communication. "Official Languages" are nothing more than a shibboleth designed to clearly delineate an ingroup and outgroup.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting. And I'd rule it incompetence. Do you think he actually checks in on how anything is run in this country?

Plus, remember that this also means all president's are now apart of a eugenicist plot.
    From what little I hear regarding trumps as I really just don’t care about him enough to follow this exploits my self he doesn’t seem to understand how any thing runs.

As to past president if such a plot was a thing it could be that they stood against it but couldn’t do much due to the rest of the government being against them. But just like trump I care to little about presidents to know.

From what little I hear regarding trumps as I really just don’t care about him enough to follow this exploits my self he doesn’t seem to understand how any thing runs.

As to past president if such a plot was a thing it could be that they stood against it but couldn’t do much due to the rest of the government being against them. But just like trump I care to little about presidents to know.
    Neither do I. But you can look at him and just see the "If it isn't directly important to me in that moment, it doesn't exist" in his eyes.

It isn't some grand plot to kill "brown people". It's gross incompetence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Neither do I. But you can look at him and just see the "If it isn't directly important to me in that moment, it doesn't exist" in his eyes.

It isn't some grand plot to kill "brown people". It's gross incompetence.
    This is something we can agree on.

This is something we can agree on.
    Too bad that isn't dramatic enough for other people. Gotta be some grand plot and not a useless political party.

I'm against people insisting that others "speak English, because this is America" when English is as foreign a language to the Americas as Spanish.

The point of language is to facilitate communication. "Official Languages" are nothing more than a shibboleth designed to clearly delineate an ingroup and outgroup.
    I think it's a good idea to be able to communicate with others in a country you're in, how can you drive if you can't read road signs? etc

If I migrated to Japan should I say fuck them and not bother to learn their language?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think it's a good idea to be able to communicate with others in a country you're in, how can you drive if you can't read road signs? etc

If I migrated to Japan should I say fuck them and not bother to learn their language?
    It's very telling that you seem to think people come to America and don't "bother" to learn English.

They do, they just don't speak it in a fashion you care for or with the frequency you think is appropriate.

It's class and racial bias, nothing more.

It's very telling that you seem to think people come to America and don't "bother" to learn English.

They do, they just don't speak it in a fashion you care for or with the frequency you think is appropriate.

It's class and racial bias, nothing more.
    There are people who don't want to bother learning the local language

Regardless I am against people discriminating against people who don't speak English, I am just stating if you live here you should learn it as it will do nothing but benefit you.

10+ Year Old Account

Regardless I am against people discriminating against people who don't speak English, I am just stating if you live here you should learn it as it will do nothing but benefit you.
    In places like Texas and California, Spanish is the local language, dating back well before the introduction of English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so you speak Navajo then?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In places like Texas and California, Spanish is the local language, dating back well before the introduction of English.
    It's not about who is first, it's about what is dominant in a current functional society. If we use your logic then we all should be speaking Navajo

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so you speak Navajo then?
    Funny I read this after making my post, thanks for backing me up

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about who is first, it's about what is dominant in a current functional society. If we use your logic then we all should be speaking Navajo
    That's the point; language purism is a fundamentally irrational position.

That's the point; language purism is a fundamentally irrational position.
    Nope, the point is people in a functional society should be strive to communicate with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the point is people in a functional society should be strive to communicate with each other.
    One would think then, that with such a significant minority of Spanish speakers the "functional" option is embracing bilingualism.

Canada does it just fine.