Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    I mean, with ten thousand layers of plot armor she really cant die as long as Danuser works for Blizzard. At least she “freed” me from wasting money on WoW for good.
    As if there aren't other characters with plot armor, come on. Anduin has the thickest layer of thick plot armor I have ever seen. They even show him as an old man 80 years in the future. Same thing with Illidan. BUT WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT, CUZ SYLVANAS QQ

She burnt down a tree with a bunch of innocent women and children lol yeah no she must die

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    People have been debating what "I will set us all free," means, why she's going to the Shadowlands, etc. since the trailer dropped. I think I know.

Sylvanas made a pact with The Jailer for the same reason Illidan made a pact with Sargeras - to gain his powers with the intention of using them against him.

Her end goal is to kill the Jailer, take his place as one of the lords of Death, end the concept of Hell as it exists in the Warcraft universe, and become the God-Queen of the Shadowlands.

Then, her dark and terrible powers over Death will be instrumental in defeating the Void Lords in 10.0.

And she's the current Game Director's favorite character, so she has enough plot armor to make it happen.
    some ppl wanna so hard believe in that sylvi thing... and will be massively disappointed when they finally realize that sylvi kills the Jailer, take his place, and going big bad mofo bitch by controlling death herself.

accept it: the sky is blue, sylvi is a bad bitch and lame blizz writers just make her the next big villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    As if there aren't other characters with plot armor, come on. Anduin has the thickest layer of thick plot armor I have ever seen. They even show him as an old man 80 years in the future. Same thing with Illidan. BUT WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT, CUZ SYLVANAS QQ
    “Old Man Anduin” was officially fully debunked by Blizzard who said that this was but one of many possible timelines. And that this is “not likely” to happen. Illidan... yeah i agree here but he was neutral and never belonged to any faction for real. And he wasnt as aggravatingly “oh my, you lose again to my exquisite schemes fuhuhuh! Fools!” As Sylvanas. He was nowhere near as annoying either. She exists only to punch those who dosent worship het down and dominate every scene seemingly without effort.

Yeh rewatched Metzens lore panel from 2010 before cata was released. It was pretty funny seeing him so passionate about Green Jesus and how excited he was for everyone to experience thrall as the aspect of earth. I cant believe how much he spoiled at that lore panel including nzoth as the old god that feathering reports to.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh rewatched Metzens lore panel from 2010 before cata was released. It was pretty funny seeing him so passionate about Green Jesus and how excited he was for everyone to experience thrall as the aspect of earth. I cant believe how much he spoiled at that lore panel including nzoth as the old god that feathering reports to.
    Thrall was only majorly featured in Cata and had a
    quest line in WoD with Frostwolfs and Garrosh. Thats it. Sylvanas literally is a star of a show in BfA, had a lot to do in Legion (whole zone revolving around her and the lamp) and will be a major (if not main) character in Shadowlands. Oh and she also getting Kerrigan treatment.

I doubt it. She's clearly the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    I doubt it. She's clearly the villain.
    You underestimate blizz power of underserved redemptions.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Whatever happens, one thing is certain. Both of them will become far more powerful and important in the future just you wait and see. Sylvanas broke her limiter and is still getting stronger and stronger. What we saw in the Shadowlands trailer wasn't even her full powers. We'll see just how much more she can go within the expansion. Illidan's limiter will be broken the next time we see him. He's in constant battle with Sargeras so expect him to be many leagues above what he was in legion. I don't think they'll be exactly the same in goals. Illidan is more of a good guy currently but Sylvanas will something that'll surprise us.
    She's a good rogue element. She's a really good example of chaotic neutral, in the D&D sense. "But she's killed so many people" Besides the obvious fact I'd point out the only characters who have killed more people, are the players themselves. But as far as what's been shown to us, because we never know the full context of what she's doing, it hasn't been for personal gain. Personal gain above everything else as the most defining factor of Evil in the Dungeons & Dragons' alignment system. Her only consistent motivation is that she just absolutely loves giving every other authority figure in this game a giant /rude. She might be "the" antagonist or not but I don't think we'll ever kill her. Really, everyone you play as in Warcraft 3 is "safe" more or less.

As for power levels, Sylvanas is just really strong. She's a Ranger-General who'd been fighting her entire life, which is just under a thousand years. The only living characters that should be above her in power levels are probably Tyrande & Malfurion. Certainly not Bolvar. So why is everyone surprised she beat him?

“Old Man Anduin” was officially fully debunked by Blizzard who said that this was but one of many possible timelines. And that this is “not likely” to happen. Illidan... yeah i agree here but he was neutral and never belonged to any faction for real. And he wasnt as aggravatingly “oh my, you lose again to my exquisite schemes fuhuhuh! Fools!” As Sylvanas. He was nowhere near as annoying either. She exists only to punch those who dosent worship het down and dominate every scene seemingly without effort.
    Please. PLEASE. Ilidan was 100% Sylvanas male version. You and me can be biased as much as we want, but please don't bend the truth.

• Illidan faces Arthas and tries to stop him / Sylvanas faces Arthas and tries to stop him
    • Illidan builds an army with very vague objectives and wages war on the capital of Outland (Shattrath) / Sylvanas waged war against the Alliance and burned Teldrassil
    • Illidan is being faced and imprisoned for his crimes / Sylvanas is being hunted down for what she has done
    • Illidan comes back when people need him the most to fight against the Legion / Sylvanas comes around and helps us fight against the Void Lord / Titans / Old Gods (presumably and what I wish happens)

Make no mistake. She could have easily killed Bolvar if she wanted. She spared his life and released him from his prison as the Jailor of the Damned (Lich King). She knew he would build an army of death knights to follow back in the Shadowlands. Sylvanas is the character with highest strategy and intellect from what I have personally seen in this franchise. (And no I am not saying all of that because I am a fan)

If you don't see similarities then I have nothing else to tell you.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2019-11-07 at 04:46 AM.

Please. PLEASE. Ilidan was 100% Sylvanas male version. You and me can be biased as much as we want, but please don't bend the truth.

• Illidan faces Arthas and tries to stop him / Sylvanas faces Arthas and tries to stop him
    • Illidan builds an army with very vague objectives and wages war on the capital of Outland (Shattrath) / Sylvanas waged war against the Alliance and burned Teldrassil
    • Illidan is being faced and imprisoned for his crimes / Sylvanas is being hunted down for what she has done
    • Illidan comes back when people need him the most to fight against the Legion / Sylvanas comes around and helps us fight against the Void Lord / Titans / Old Gods

If you don't see similarities then I have nothing else to tell you.
    Illidan never antagonized one side of the playerbase (or one and a half if you take the “anti-Sylvanas” Horde) , wasnt complicit in wiping out (nearly) a playable race and utterly humiliating them and in general wasnt as toxic as Sylvanas. As i said there are similarities but Illidan only aggravated Maieve and a small minority of people who hated him on principle since Warcraft 3. While Sylvanas managed to piss of more then a half of a playerbase.

Illidan never antagonized one side of the playerbase (or one and a half if you take the “anti-Sylvanas” Horde) , wasnt complicit in wiping out (nearly) a playable race and utterly humiliating them and in general wasnt as toxic as Sylvanas. As i said there are similarities but Illidan only aggravated Maieve and a small minority of people who hated him on principle since Warcraft 3.
    Story telling was nearly non existent during Vanilla / TBC days my man. If they had more experience and people they would have developed it further.

I think it's cool to have a divide in player base, some people hating on a character and the other half liking the character. But there needs to be a middle ground because it would just suck major **** if they don't make this right for either of these groups.

Story telling was nearly non existent during Vanilla / TBC days my man. If they had more experience and people they would have developed it further.

I think it's cool to have a divide in player base, some people hating on a character and the other half liking the character. But there needs to be a middle ground because it would just suck major **** if they don't make this right for either of these groups.
    Its already sucks major ass. Sylvanas right now is a deranged schoolyard bully who also a son of a director and favorite pupil of a teacher. She is untouchable, impossible to stop and apparently always has plans within plans within plans. She makes anybody who dares to step against her (or even her minion, Natty) miserable or kills them and somehow always gets away with it. Such brand if villainy discourages people to oppose them. Why would we rise against her , why would we hate her if she just always ten steps ahead? Apathy reigns around her. Alliance was so thoroughly fucked by her that even most adamant players “lore based” simply stopped caring or quitted. Like i did for example and i love WoW to bits. Its simply... pointless to continue, knowing that she just wins in the end and all your flailing and chasing in the middle is merely for her amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Queen of blades / Banshee Queen
    Both corrupted and enslaved
    Both created through treachery
    Both broke free and sought vengeance at any cost
    Both committed genocide, without remorse
    etc.
    Both became Jesus? Kerrigan ends Star Craft 2 as a literal christ-figure. Illidan follows this formula very closely as well.

And then she ascends into the heavens....to set us all free...from the Xelnaga oh shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Has Ion ever claimed Sylvanas was his favorite character or is this just some internet bs that’s gotten thrown around?
    op is mistaking danuser for ion. shes danusers waifu......who is game narrative lead...
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Its already sucks major ass. Sylvanas right now is a deranged schoolyard bully who also a son of a director and favorite pupil of a teacher. She is untouchable, impossible to stop and apparently always has plans within plans within plans. She makes anybody who dares to step against her (or even her minion, Natty) miserable or kills them and somehow always gets away with it. Such brand if villainy discourages people to oppose them. Why would we rise against her , why would we hate her if she just always ten steps ahead? Apathy reigns around her. Alliance was so thoroughly fucked by her that even most adamant players “lore based” simply stopped caring or quitted. Like i did for example and i love WoW to bits. Its simply... pointless to continue, knowing that she just wins in the end and all your flailing and chasing in the middle is merely for her amusement.
    Which is why, I assure you, the Sylvanas-loyalist train is much more fun. Get on board

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Yeah, I don't remember Jesus getting triggered by romans and burning their homes
    Looks like someone never saw Last Temptation of Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Which is why, I assure you, the Sylvanas-loyalist train is much more fun. Get on board

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like someone never saw Last Temptation of Christ
    Thanks , no. Cant stand her.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    She's going to get a Kerrigan handwave at the end and it'll be fine. Same thing Grom did. It's retarded.

Yet again, it is another level of how vindicated the Scarlet Crusade were about the Forsaken and how fucking unfair it is they are still portrayed as villains. Hurr durr their leader was possessed, not corrupted, by a Dreadlord. Yeah, that really doesn't seem so fucking bad anymore.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    She's going to get a Kerrigan handwave at the end and it'll be fine. Same thing Grom did. It's retarded.

Yet again, it is another level of how vindicated the Scarlet Crusade were about the Forsaken and how fucking unfair it is they are still portrayed as villains. Hurr durr their leader was possessed, not corrupted, by a Dreadlord. Yeah, that really doesn't seem so fucking bad anymore.
    Actually, right now it seems like they were right all along. Just as Daelin. Only thing that went wrong for them is Dreadlord infiltrator.

3+ Year Old Account
    People that are evil, or less than moral, rarely ever see themselves as evil. Stalin, Hitler, and Mao were three of the most evil human beings to ever walk this earth yet they all thought of themselves as being basically good dudes and that the ends justified the means.

Illidan and Sylvie are really no different. They’ve both done terrible things but felt justified in their actions for reasons known only to themselves. Illidan had no problem with sacrificing innocent lives in his goal to defeat the Legion (remember when he straight-up slaughters his own people in order to grow stronger to defeat a demon and Lord Ravencrest called him out on it? Illidan didn’t give a damn and felt entirely justified.)

As for myself I’m perfectly fine with the Banshee Queen suffering “true death” just as long as Tyrande dies as well. Insufferable annoying Elf.