10+ Year Old Account

I know Pet Battles are at the bottom end of what the majority thinks is important but

I really wanted a PokemonGo style Pet Battles app for those of us who enjoy Pet Battles. Being able to trade cageable pets while on mobile, dueling each other etc.

I know its at the bottom end of what the people deem as important, but some Pet Battle love would have been nice.

Thanks for your time.

Thing is mobile games are probably not very popular among wow players in general. I like to pet battle a bit from time to time, but I don't think I would want to do it on my phone. Wow is strictly a PC experience for me and while I do play some games on the mobile, like osrs for example, I don't really want to do wow-related things there. Maybe they just know it wouldn't be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Thing is mobile games are probably not very popular among wow players in general. I like to pet battle a bit from time to time, but I don't think I would want to do it on my phone. Wow is strictly a PC experience for me and while I do play some games on the mobile, like osrs for example, I don't really want to do wow-related things there. Maybe they just know it wouldn't be successful.

So being able to do garrisons if fine but pet battles wouldnt be?

Out of all the features of WoW, pet battles makes the most sense to be accessible on a phone, if only for PVP battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Whether you like it or not, yes. Garrisons were fine and pet battles aren't. I think they even answered this question in a Q&A once.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

Out of all the features of WoW, pet battles makes the most sense to be accessible on a phone, if only for PVP battles.
    Dunno, I haven't played during WoD, and at the moment there are no apps for in-game gameplay so it seems they have all been withdrawn. Just speculating

I love Pet Battles, but no. The only thing I think you should be able to do on the phone is CHECKING (not starting or collecting) your auctions.

No to PokeGO style app, be an absolute waste of resources to develop for such a niche.

But yes to being able to do Pet Battles via Mobile. Find it curious they haven't done so considering there's the app for the mission table.

I'd rather see them put their resources into something meaninfgul - you said it yourself, most players consider pet battles to be completely irrelevant and not many would profit from such an app.

Quote Originally Posted by Setuzor View Post
    I'd rather see them put their resources into something meaninfgul - you said it yourself, most players consider pet battles to be completely irrelevant and not many would profit from such an app.
    Both the statement in the thread title and yours are assumptions, which might as well be wrong, we don't really have the data.

I recall seeing a picture a couple months ago, which stated that "every day in wow there are X dungeons being done and Y pet battles being done" not sure how credible that was, but the number of pet battles was like 100 times higher. Pet battles are a solo activity that can be done on a more or less casual basis. It wouldn't be surprising to me if there were way more people doing pet battles than people doing dungeons.

But as I said above, my own assumption is that people don't really want to play wow outside of the PC, or at least don't feel like this is something they want to fight for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles is the only content that actually matters in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I like this idea.. I would like garrison mobile love get some love too. Would be cool to build your garrison, Minecraft style. Just have a huge castle that takes up the whole island that you can play from mobile.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Is that why they haven't ended that one WoW dev's mobile pet battles game project?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of being able to capture creatures PokemonGo style, but i'm all for the idea of having a Pet Battle Mobile, so i can PVP in my cellphone, i think this would make Pet Battle more popular

Sure, why not. I'm not sure I'd use it a lot, but I'd probably use it on my way to work or on my way home.

Would love a mobile app for PVP and trainer pet battles, but wouldn't want to see the resources put into it to make capturing pets possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Pet battles is the only content that actually matters in WoW.
    TBH, it's one of the few things that keeps me logging into retail.

3+ Year Old Account
    Making a mobile game related to WoW could bring in more players, I heard we're in dire need of bodies to fill the mighty ranks of LFR soldiers.