Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Two months actually. Event is live all of November and December.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re in the minority. Flying isn’t going anywhere.
    That's why i simply accept the current pathfinder compromise, with both sides getting what they want, to some extent.

I could be like you guys, and constantly pushing the topic, whining about it, making this 'minority' so vocal that i'd actually turn obnoxious (which the pro-flying is).

People should be a little bit reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's why i simply accept the current pathfinder compromise, with both sides getting what they want, to some extent.

I could be like you guys, and constantly pushing the topic, whining about it, making this 'minority' so vocal that i'd actually turn obnoxious (which the pro-flying is).

People should be a little bit reasonable.
    It's not about whining, it's taking something so simple to have over pvp or whatnot, or the MMO element you say for an adventurer, that needs to stick on the ground, FF has flying, and has no restrictions after you complete stuff. And wow was the first game that i remember that had flying ever. If there was other ones, being MMORPG's with flying, i don't remember any of them having it.
    So now taking it after evolving to have flying and get people used to it, just feels like going backwards.
    It's really easy to say that people are just pushing a topic and whining and it's an obnoxious minority vocal, how do you even know that? You can't measure the whole playerbase, and to be quite fair, if i go on any forum or site, i see more people saying they like having flying than the ones saying they don't.
    So seems like your "minority" vocal playerbase is quite wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if there wasn't people liking flying and just a minority, it would not come a pathfinder in wod. Because people wouldn't make noise to bring flying.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    sorry what are your arguments? it screws over pvp by giving an advantage, whats hard to understand about that?

and it makes farming faster, if player 1 doesnt have flying and player 2 does, player 2 will outfarm and undercut player 1 with his higher yield. its not an opt in option.

and im not sure what your issue is with my statements, i stated what i think would be a satisfying compromise so you know what my goals are.
    Player 1 should get flying then. Nothing is stopping them.

Should we remove gear from the game because one player has better gear than another?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I don't like Pathfinder because it feels like busywork, but I agree with their feeling that players should have some time on the ground before flying. My preference would be for flight to be gated behind a cool questline starting in patch X.0 and concluding in patch X.1.

That said I did accept the Pathfinder compromise and think it's basically fine. What really bugs me is that they don't allow players to fly until patch X.2, delaying it for really no apparent reason. Pathfinder should be available in X.1.

Me please! Grinding for flying sucks.

What I don't like about pathfinder is that Blizzard makes the zones as awkward and clunky as possible to incentivize people. Just no. If zones weren't a clusterfuck and pathfinder was just a minor time-gated selling point of a mid/late expansion patch, I'd have no problems with it.

A lot has been said on this issue, I'm going to be brief -- there are design decisions that make player's experience more enjoyable and pathfinder is definitely not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd make it so once you unlock flying at level 60 (Currently, who knows what it'll be in 9.0) you unlock it EVERYWHERE, forever. No pathfinders, no flight licences. Once you can fly you can fly. End of story.

Blizzard's world isn't interesting enough to be a ground-bound experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm fine with Pathfinder as a concept, as I think the opening days of a new expansion are all about exploration, discovery, and adventure in a new set of lands and that being constrained to ground mounts is really the best way to embrace that. If I would make a change I would do it so that flying opened earlier on in a given expansion - perhaps with the first content patch. At that point, most of the people have experienced the leveling content and are more focused on the end-game like Mythic+, raiding, and what have you - no need to stay on the ground.

So basically, keep it mostly as-is just unlock flying earlier on. And if a content patch introduces a new zone or set of zones where flying would be an issue, you can lock it there for a time (to give that sense of adventuring and discovery), then unlock it with the next patch when all that kind of thing has been done by the majority of people.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm fine with Pathfinder as a concept, as I think the opening days of a new expansion are all about exploration, discovery, and adventure in a new set of lands and that being constrained to ground mounts is really the best way to embrace that. If I would make a change I would do it so that flying opened earlier on in a given expansion - perhaps with the first content patch. At that point, most of the people have experienced the leveling content and are more focused on the end-game like Mythic+, raiding, and what have you - no need to stay on the ground.

So basically, keep it mostly as-is just unlock flying earlier on. And if a content patch introduces a new zone or set of zones where flying would be an issue, you can lock it there for a time (to give that sense of adventuring and discovery), then unlock it with the next patch when all that kind of thing has been done by the majority of people.
    Exactly. As it doesn't matter much your gear in the beginning, and it's all about discovering, being on the ground is the best way for it.
    Once you start focusing on gear and progressing for a end-game gameplay, you should be able to have all the advantages within, including flying.
    And then other things to matter more. Professions and all the other progressions implemented that is not connected with how you move from place to place. It's almost like flying is end-game too.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-06 at 05:32 PM.

It's generally fair as is. I think the inevitable 2nd part Pathfinder unlock could potentially move forward a patch but that's about it, and of course aligns to whatever new factions and zones drop to justify the 2nd part.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    List of best way to handle flying, in correct order:
    - Cata: From first moment
    - WotLK: At 77 (i.e. 3 levels before max)
    - TBC: Druids at 68 (i.e. 2 levels before max), all others at max
    - MoP: At max level
    - WoD/Legion/BfA: Pathfinder
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously don’t play the game if you think flying doesn’t help get around the atrocious zones they’re designing these days.

Which I’m sure you’ll respond with something like “then they should design the game with ground mounts in mind” to which I would say that flying opens them up to designing better, more immersive content.

No mount of BS will convince anyone that flying doesn’t make getting around 1000x easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Name one way flying harms the game. It ain’t wpvp since that died in classic when BGs launches.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the non existent pvp for every expansion since they started this pathfinder crap?

First you say it screws over pvp and then you say it gives an advantage.

It does nothing for mats. Does it lower their worth? Perhaps. But you can also farm much more mats so your gold per hr stays the same or actually goes up.
    You’re a little slow man. I never once said flying doesn’t make things easier. No shit it does. That’s kind of the point though. The world shouldn’t be what it became when we could fly over everything. That’s lame.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    This is toxic. People like you are the reason why WoD and Legion pathfinder is still in the game.
    It's not toxic simply because you disagree with it. Labeling everything you disagree with toxic, is toxic.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

I don't mind that it is a thing, but I think it should be completable at launch, like not on day 1 completable but when you reach exalted with the initial factions or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Snip
    You say flying feels like a luxury and that’s because it is. It’s meant to be a luxury. Kalgan said that way way way back in the day as well. When they added flying in TBC it was never expected players would get epic flying mounts as fast as they did. That was meant to be the ultimate luxury. Flying at 60% speed like you did with the regular flying mounts however wasn’t an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You literally get 15% extra rep for an entire month right now. The worst possible time to complain.

But besides that, do the same work I did if you want the same reward. Actually, you already have to do less work.
    Did you go back and complete old raids for gear you couldn't acquire while it was relevant? That's not fair q q q if you want the same reward, do the same work.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    You’re a little slow man. I never once said flying doesn’t make things easier. No shit it does. That’s kind of the point though. The world shouldn’t be what it became when we could fly over everything. That’s lame.
    Endgame raiding and mythics are all that matter. You can’t fly in either. So tell me how flying being enabled after you’ve reached the level cap harms anyone or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    You say flying feels like a luxury and that’s because it is. It’s meant to be a luxury. Kalgan said that way way way back in the day as well. When they added flying in TBC it was never expected players would get epic flying mounts as fast as they did. That was meant to be the ultimate luxury. Flying at 60% speed like you did with the regular flying mounts however wasn’t an issue.
    But the game evolved, we are even celebrating wow anniversary atm. WoW started as too advanced for the time vanilla showed up, and ends up now being behind other games currently, because they don't evolve, and what they evolve, they have always a question mark on the top of their heads. As i see it now is that since classic have been released, they could finally change, revamp the world, revamp flying, revamp many things, that were stuck because of people that loved vanilla. Not an unrecognizable game, but revamped world and systems.
    Flying is something that not all games have, and wow having it feels amazing. Shouldn't be a luxury, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Endgame raiding and mythics are all that matter. You can’t fly in either. So tell me how flying being enabled after you’ve reached the level cap harms anyone or anything.
    Literally this. It's just about pvp and designers that want us to look at their hard work design. (and maybe cut even more content, cause you do stuff fast with flying).

Maybe they could let you use like a % of flying speed and only unlock a full speed % of the flying mount after you complete everything.

There's so much options, that don't require this time gated part 2. Just needs creativity and imagination. For them is so linear like "you have it or don't, and if you do, you will wait 1 year". This can be handled in so many different ways.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-06 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    But the game evolved, we are even celebrating wow anniversary atm. WoW started as too advanced for the time vanilla showed up, and ends up now being behind other games currently, because they don't evolve, and what they evolve, they have always a question mark on the top of their heads. As i see it now is that since classic have been released, they could finally change, revamp the world, revamp flying, revamp many things, that were stuck because of people that loved vanilla. Not an unrecognizable game, but revamped world and systems.
    There are a lot of people who want certain things from past expansions though in modern WoW. Many people have wanted old talents back. They want an RPG feel again. Change for the sake of change isn’t a good idea. Obviously the direction Blizzard has taken with the last few expansions hasn’t been a great one which is why they’re going backwards with Shadowlands. If they want to make a WoW 2 then your idea works. But they don’t need to reinvent the wheel here for WoW. This game is 15 years old now.

Also I wouldn’t say WoW was too advanced when it came out. It was like other MMOs except it was casual friendly. You didn’t have the grind like EQ. Or the punishing deaths where you could lose experience, levels, or items like other MMOs at the time. WoW succeeded by being casual at a time when all other MMOs were hardcore. That combined with the Warcraft style, world, and story being great.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL all that matter? That’s some elitism right there. You should look at what Blizzard has said regarding how many people do things like raid. And you’re wanting me to reiterate what was discussed ad nauseam during WoD when they first removed flying. Go find the gigantic hundred page thread and you can see my reasons as well as hundreds of other people’s on how it effects the game. You won’t because you’ve heard it all before and you don’t agree. It’s fine but don’t feign ignorance.