Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hopefully they will be able to fine tune it well then

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    8.3 has not been delayed. Please take your fake news to other sites.
    Woah! He said he was EXPECTING the releasse in December. There it a long shot between expecting something and publishing fake news. You might want to take your pills before posting next time.

Well, I have time off after Christmas until around 26 January so the earlier the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    ... The "1% ultra hardcore raiders without self control" are already done with that raid. This decision is for everyone else progressing through the raid.
    Most people don't even raid.

Isn't this the exact same thing that happened last year? But at least that patch I'm pretty sure released the patch and simply delayed the raid, no?

Guess they think the anniversary events gonna keep everyone busy for 2 months until January :P

I was expecting 8.3 sometime November and raid early January, but I guess from there post its not quite ready yet LoL, well,, I hope 8.3 is gonna be bug free and raid tuned to perfection with all this time they have needed.....or is it more like its gonna be put out just before the quarterly reports, seems of late most big content is out just before these

im pretty much on break any ways have been since getting the wheel mount and flying. I'll do the anniversary for the mounts but not sure 8.3 is enough to bring me back. plenty of games coming out that'll last me til 9.0 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Isn't this the exact same thing that happened last year? But at least that patch I'm pretty sure released the patch and simply delayed the raid, no?
    7.3.5 was released on January 16, 2018.

Antorus was part of 7.3, released in August, and the raid opened in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I'd have preferred 8.3 to drop at the end of november/early december. But delay the raid until January 7.

That way we have the Nzoth scenario, the new allied races, and such to work with until then.

Would've been nice leveling my Vulpera/MGnome over December to get my Heritage.
    soyjack.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It certainly is smart. This doesn’t revolve around you nor myself. It revolves around the fact holidays are a busy time for most people with family, friends, celebrations, etc. They could surely release the patch when you want it to but if they don’t have the staff to fix the bugs that may come with it then what’s the point? Not only that but having a raid release over the course of multiple holidays absolutely sucks. It sucked in uldir, it sucked in Antorus, etc. This is a smart move, at least from my POV. I wouldn’t mind 8.3 itself coming out in December or November with the raid delayed longer but at the same time I’m fine with this too.
    I was specific in my wording and mentioned nothing of a raid or new season. They always release patches in parts in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I really wish decisions for the 1% of ultra hardcore raiders without self control wouldn't be made at the expense of the 99% who just want some new stuff to do. But that's WoW for you.
    Lol'd.

The ultra hardcore raiders were done with this tier looong ago.
    This is 100% for the remaining 99% that's still progressing.

And people seem to be forgetting about 8.3.5.
    8.3 being the end of the expansion = conjecture. Legion didn't end on 7.3, so why would BfA...?

Either way, I hope they pace it out and don't give in to the crowd that rushes through content and won't touch anything other than their narrow preference. BfA would've had such a good start had they only allowed Legion to go on for longer than it did.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-11-06 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Cool, because unless Shadowlands gets like a July release which is unlikely, we'll be sitting on 8.3 for at least 7-8 months, 9 if Shadowlands releases in late September.
    there's no way they're getting everything they said they were doing in Shadowlands done by September unless they cut a bunch of stuff and add it back in a slightly altered form (read half baked because it didn't work as expected once tested) in later patches.

If they actually release a "polished" product with 90% of the content they said it would contain at Blizzcon you'll be lucky to see it go live in November 2020..wouldn't rush through that 8.3 content if I were you...if it's actually released in July August or September it will be an unmitigated half baked piece of crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Cool, because unless Shadowlands gets like a July release which is unlikely, we'll be sitting on 8.3 for at least 7-8 months, 9 if Shadowlands releases in late September.
    7.3 launched literally one year before bfa, your point? The raid hit in Dec, and we had the pre-patch, and most people accepted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lol'd.

The ultra hardcore raiders were done with this tier looong ago.
    This is 100% for the remaining 99% that's still progressing.

And people seem to be forgetting about 8.3.5.
    8.3 being the end of the expansion = conjecture. Legion didn't end on 7.3, so why would BfA...?

Either way, I hope they pace it out and don't give in to the crowd that rushes through content and won't touch anything other than their narrow preference. BfA would've had such a good start had they only allowed Legion to go on for longer than it did.
    to be fair those x.x.5 patches arnt the kind of patches big enough to keep players entertained for more than a month or so, 7.3.5 added some silithus wrap up quests and a new BG, wow is usually reliant on the major patches to keep it going, i wouldnt be expecting anything of real note in 8.3.5 except maybe some lore wrap ups post the war and nzoth, probably some excuse how our necks are gonna be de-powered like the artifacts, and maybe if were really super lucky they might squeeze out another heritage Armour set, but really once 8.3 is out that essentially it for major content till 9.0.

as to when 9.0 is coming is any ones guess, the blizz con demo was very light on both new features and also announced new features, that could be a sign there behind in development as a whole or it could be that there waiting on how 8.3 corruption gear goes before committing to decisions as some people speculate and most of the world is done its just the class's and gear itemization to nail in which is trivial from a development time stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Wow, was not expecting 8.3 to be delayed till next year. Wtf?
    Well 9.0 is a long ways off. So this does keep people from a 12 to 14 month final raid tier. 2 more months of EP sounds awful. I expect a handful of groups to pack it in this week after seeing this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Well 9.0 is a long ways off. So this does keep people from a 12 to 14 month final raid tier. 2 more months of EP sounds awful. I expect a handful of groups to pack it in this week after seeing this.
    It was always going to be 2 months of EP, they seem to be shooting for about 6 months a raid atm which always put Ny in Jan, but there was a lot of hope at least 8.3 would come before the holidays

I don't raid but it's weird to see them mention the holidays as justification for not releasing content. It never seemed to stop them in the past.

Anyway, I don't raid atm but my gut tells me this is a good thing. If the choice is between a broken, barely tested 8.3 that lasts more than a year and a more polished 8.3 that lasts ~10 months, I'll take the latter any day of the week.

Almost 2 months of +15% bonuses. I mean, why not? :P Won't complain.

Besides, this seems to be the first time they ever hold on deadlines instead of just releasing broken patches, this also means they are quite undone with the next expansion... So it's definitely better if they take their time to give us something finished.

Given they've dropped massive content patches(including an entire expansion) during 3 of the last 6 holiday seasons they clearly don't try that hard, but whatever excuse they want to draw this patch out. Just means I don't have to pay for a sub until the New Year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses. Maybe to prevent a longer than year of lack of content.