Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I really don't want to search for it but I'm pretty sure I remember them dropping a major patch at the start of December then releasing the raid in January. At least we could have leveled the new allied race with that 15% XP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylander View Post
    These next 2 months are gonna suck.
    LOL this is why im unsubbed. The 8.2 raid started on July 9th after patch launch on June 25th. Usually a raid tier is suppose to last 4 months as per Ion's words, but this is one is 6 months. This entire expansion has been a delay. Compared to legion we should have already had 8.3 by now. With Shadowlands coming out late December of next year most likely, its gonna be another 9-10 month content drought after Nylotha is released. The wow team absolutely sucks at planning out their content releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    Sorry, but what lol? I, along with many other WoW friends I play with are definitely extroverts. We have spouses, children, and a rich social life in and out of the game. This is stereotyping pretty bad. I'm happy it's not coming until next year. Level an alt, play classic, make some friends, lots of stuff to do in that time.
    Like Blizzard never released a Major Patch OR Expansion and unlock the raid at a later date. Nope never did that. Expect people to play this 15th anniversary for 2 months. Hell we all know it will be the second or third week in January, before this patch hits. Level an alt? Yeah announce new races and then tell people that they will not be in the game til after the 15% XP buff is gone. Classic "make some friends" argument. Lots of stuff to do, when its been done already.

Funny how some people now complain that the current content is pointless, because the next expansion is going to release in a year anyways.

I got some bad news folks: playing WoW and especially the gear in it is generally pointless, you only do it for fun. And if you are not having fun while playing a game because you are so busy chasing ghosts, then you should maybe take a break until your head has cleared up again.

Oh man, thats bad news. I was so ready to level my Vulpera DK during Desember when I finally have time to sit back and enjoy a few days of ������

10+ Year Old Account
    This accomplishes a few things.

Does not force employees to work over the holidays on bugs etc
    Players should not be in a mode of choosing family over content (Go spend time with loved ones FFS)
    It shortens the final patch cycle until 9.0 pre-patch

This is a win on many fronts. Only the Blizzard Rage wagon is mad at this, and most of them do not play WoW

yay, two more months of nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Tdanielt83 View Post
    nice "activision" 8,3 in 2020 nice marketing service /
    now All I have to do is not to buy subscribe
    now I know why they did not announce the date neither 8.3 nor 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

ooo i see Morgaith work in "activision" -
    Some of us are grateful for the fact we don't have to worry about missing progression while we spend time with family and friends during the holiday season. Y'know, use your head to think a little before posting.

This is a MMORPG where many are sucked into spending endless hours playing and raiding.. and suddenly Blizzard is concerned about people spending time with their families? I mean if you screwed up your release just say you screwed up.. don't give these BS reasons thinking the player base is stupid. And how people spend their holiday time (players) is up to them and if you are concerned about your employees and their families that is understandable but that should have already factored into your planning earlier itself.

Jesus.... Playerbase has to wait until at minimum January plus deal with corrupted gear for more then 12 months! I guess thank god there are other MMO's and also Classic because these design decisions are ridiculous. Even December 2020 sounds ambitious for everything they promised at Blizzcon.

Expect heavy subscriber losses in retail if this post is true. Ouch I pity the Alliance guilds.

Why are people thanking Blizzard for this?

Release 8.3 December 3rd, and delay Nya'lotha until January 7th

Quote Originally Posted by outflow View Post
    You's are all moaning at this. You would also be moaning if you had to raid over Christmas! So I'm just moaning at all you because this site is MMOan Champion right?
    Best comment ever on this site.

Delaying a patch out of their pure and heartfelt concern for progression raiders, lol. Typical spin that amazingly still works on this community.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Why are people thanking Blizzard for this?

Release 8.3 December 3rd, and delay Nya'lotha until January 7th
    That would be the most clever strategy. At least releasing something.
    Heck, even the ability to unlock Vulpera/Mechagnomes would be a good way to make people return.

I hope we at least get some Q&As during the wait.

Im a big Blizzard-shill, but this wait is beyond stupid.
    Hyping people up with Blizzcon and then just ruin the hype

I am happy for the Blizzard employees, because no one should have to work long hard hours during Holiday season, but I really wish they would at least release Vulpera and Mechagnomes in early December.

I would be fine with waiting for both the main patch and the raid, but I was really hoping to level my Vulpera to max with downtime during the holidays. I think that’s the main complaint I’ve been seeing, I wish they would consider just releasing the allied races outside of the patch.

The only thing worse than constant Blizzard excuses by way of goalpost moving is the endless Blizzard apologists.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Only guilds Blizz cares about for raiding are Mythic guilds, not the thousands more of guilds that only raid through heroic and will never touch mythic that have been done for ages.
    We are a mythic guild. Stopped raiding months ago. Don't kid yourself no one is playing the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidalos View Post
    Don't kid yourself no one is playing the game right now.
    Nice hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Nice hyperbole
    Nothing hyperbolic at all about that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidalos View Post
    Nothing hyperbolic at all about that statement.
    Considering the hundreds upon hundreds of people that were playing on my server in the middle of the day on a friday... yea no one is playing. So yea, hyperbole.