Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Yeah I have never given a shit about class identity. I play my favorite specs not classes.
    Kind of agree with this. I almost wish we had a job system so we could mix and match.

Always prefer Tank for one class, DPS for another, and healer for yet another. Currently that's Warrior, DK, and Paladin for me.

It wasn't the separate identities that was the issue though, from what I could tell, it was that in some cases a different spec within the same class played and felt like a completely different class due to an almost complete lack of ability overlap between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    Folks got to chill out. They wouldn't implement something that the majority didn't want.

If, like pruning, people don't like it, we'll see a return to spec identity. Or at least a balance between class and spec identity.
    And you don't think people should be concerned that we'll have to wait 2-3 years if it ends up being shit for another go at it in the next Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Never understood the desire to go back to an inflated spellbook with spells you don't use. What is the point of having fireball as a frost mage? Any buffs that they add (like auras) will be useless since content will be designed around have that extra effect. The things that truly matter, like kicks for healers, are dangerous and can have really bad effects on pvp and mythic+.
    Throw a fireball at a rogue, itll make them have to cloak before vanishing.

At least when fireball had a dot

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    And you don't think people should be concerned that we'll have to wait 2-3 years if it ends up being shit for another go at it in the next Expansion?
    Put words in my mouth why don't you...

Be as concerned as you want, but design requires iteration. Hopefully Alpha and Beta will be good indicators of what people like / don't like. After that we just have to ride the wave that is 'Shadowlands'. As I said, I for one am looking forward to the class changes. Like most other are.

36 classes hahaha I think you mean like 10 so many specs play almost identically to other it’s just a reskin of ability’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    36 classes hahaha I think you mean like 10 so many specs play almost identically to other it’s just a reskin of ability’s.
    Well that's an arguement you could make about pretty much all of WoW... when you get down to it, you have 3 classes. Tanks, DPS, and healers.

Many classes became dead boring to play after pruning

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Mages weave in fireballs and frostbolts, that will be unbelievably cancerous to actual game play.
    I did that in BC and it was awesome. Different strokes for different folks, you know
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Because in name of spec identity they had to remove abilities from specs that used to be baseline for all specs in order to make specs stand out more. See ghouls and army of the dead removed from frost DKs because "undead minions are unholy's thing". Removed a lot of flavor from the class to ONLY be able to use abilities from your specs theme.