Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

New customizations

I was interested in getting everyone's ideas about what they think will be included with the new customizations for each race. I've highlighted what is confirmed as well as some speculation.

Human: New race options so that players can better show the diversity of the real world.
    Dwarf: Wildhammers and tattoos
    Gnome: Likely more hair options. Possibly Leper Gnomes (I doubt it).
    Night Elf: Probably new tattoos. Hopefully new facial hair options for the males.
    Orc: Probably new tattoos. Perhaps new clan representations like Dragonmaw. I'm doubting Fel Orc options.
    Tauren: Probably new horn options. I'd love to see Taunka options, but I think they're more like an Allied Race. Maybe new tattoos to have a Grimtotem.
    Troll: New troll tribes like Sandfury... and tattoos (some of which are like the Blood Trolls from BfA.
    Undead: Boneless options and new hairstyles and skin colors. Some are hoping for undead elves, but I think this is less likely.
    Draenei: Longer tails and more jewelry and likely more head shapes and tattoos. It won't happen, but I'd love to see Broken options. I vote no to Eredar options, but some people are hopeful.
    Blood Elf: Probably will get tattoos to show some ranger-like options. This is opening up a whole can of beans, but possibly High Elf eye color options. They did mention being able to separate eye color when they were talking about customization, although they weren't specifically talking about elves. I know many would prefer this to be an option for Void Elves, but they've literally said that new customizations are only for core races and not Allied Races. The tears will be many no matter what happens here.
    Worgen: I imagine they'll add just alot more customization here. Perhaps some facial scaring or something.
    Goblin: They will likely have alot more hair, jewelry, and ear options.
    Pandaren: Other than just new options, the only big thing I can think of hear is adding tail options for males.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 2019-11-06 at 03:37 AM.

There's legitimately like 2-3 threads on this very topic on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    There's legitimately like 2-3 threads on this very topic on the front page.
    I saw the general one about "Wildhammer and boneless bonebois" but it wasn't really suggesting other customizations for the other races, at least not in list form. Was trying to keep it a little more organized.

However, I didn't see the "choose your customization" one as it had fallen off the front page when I started typing. Sorry. Mods, feel free to delete this thread if you want.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like it and your suggestions, more tats and color options across the board, maybe a pooh-bear-skin for pandarens?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

It's so FUNNY if they talking about new expansion and options like new hair colours or tattoo. They could add some new looks in patches or under small achievement.

I think they need to really put some effort into these customizations though. Not just changing tattoos or hair that's going to be covered up by armor anyway.

would love to see:

Worgen - please give them big fluffy tails. They look so awkward without tails.
    Draenei - would love a slimmer version for male. Something that doesn't look like a blue block on legs.
    Undead - different undead races - ie. undead elf, undead human, undead dwarf.

In general they need to give options for adjusting height and body styles, but obviously that would require them to adjust armor fittings and is thus highly unlikely.

Hopefully with all of the new creatures they've added in over the past few years they could steal some of their models that might already be fitted for armor and just adjust them to match the race. Like using some of the new demon models for a slimmer Draenei.

And Worgen tails for f**** sake. Just add them as an option. Helmets look janky as hell on worgens, at least give us tails to make up for it.

they might as well give undead elves to forsaken. it'd be the same as letting sandfury trolls be a customization option. also, i hope they make the bone jaw customization look better. they have the technology to make the jaw fit under the skin, rather than pulling it out to fit the skin, they do it for banshees. here's an example

see how the teeth are visible through the flesh, rather than being pulled out to fit the flesh?

but yeah, i'd like to see larger forehead crests for draenei females. i never actually knew they even had them until around WoD, they're so small compared to the male's. i mean, it makes sense, the females aren't typically the fighters in a race. but slightly larger crests would be nice.

i'd love the tattoos from the BC box art for blood elves. blue eyes, too.

hope night elves get some good stuff too. they really deserve it. some antlers, better beards, maybe some new faces for the females that aren't fucking smiling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why are Leper gnomes unlikely? I would say they are almost certain.

They have updated models and they are part of the gnome skin options in the wowhead dressing room.

Not much else you can add to gnomes beyond new hair, faces and maybe tatoos, unless they decide to add more ethnicities for the gnomes like they are for humans. that would be pretty sweet. as I speculated, the curse of flesh could've produced different ethnicities seeing as human asians cannot be sourced from any location in the lore.

I would love some massive dwarf beards for gnomes.
    Last edited by Merryck; 2019-11-14 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    Why are Leper gnomes unlikely? I would say they are almost certain.

They have updated models and they are part of the gnome skin options in the wowhead dressing room.

Not much else you can add to gnomes beyond new hair, faces and maybe tatoos, unless they decide to add more ethnicities for the gnomes like they are for humans. that would be pretty sweet. as I speculated, the curse of flesh could've produced different ethnicities seeing as human asians cannot be sourced from any location in the lore.
    I'm hoping for new faces, cog-based jewelry, more skin colors, and new hairstyles.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I got the impression there would be up-right posture for undead as well. If we are going to shove that spine back in, we should straighten it out first.

Honestly, I hope for Blood Elves to get some moustache options. If void elves can have them, so should Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves seriously need more hair color options, hair styles, and beard options for males. Compared to even humans, their options are ridiculously limited.

At the very bare minimum, I would like Black Hair and the darkened hair colors of DK's to be an option for normal Kaldorei.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Human: I wish they'd add some different body types too, but I guess I like the direction they're choosing now. Hopefully we can get some new beards for males!
    Dwarf: I like what they're adding.
    Gnome: No idea beyond hairstyles and stuff. Maybe a few mechanized parts like...eyes? Not on the level of the mechagnomes though. Just minor things.
    Night Elves: A few ANTLER OPTIONS. More facial hair + eyebrow options for. Maybe tattoos. Add this on top of just more of everything in terms of hair options and stuff. This is another race I'd like to have body type options for, but again...that won't be happening.
    Draenei: Longer tails is definitely a good addition. Both Lightforged and Draenei are in desperate need of more hairstyle options though! Add em for both, maybe. More facial hair for males.
    Worgen: More ears and fur colors for both. Tails would be cool, but I don't see it happening especially since worgen have never had tails. Please separate beard and ear styles for males. I hate that the ear options I like are connected to like the worst facial hair options sometimes. And vice versa.

Pandaren: Dunno. Hair, beard, and fur combos? I was upset some options were removed in beta. Like there was one option where female pandas could have darker facial markings and ears, but still have the red panda tail.

Orcs: Some more skintones would be nice! Tattoos and piercing options!
    Troll: On top of what was shown, beard options for males. Please. And I know this is kind of an unusual request to add on top of customization options, but PLEASE give them a custom Moonkin and ground travel form for druids. They really should be turning into some kind of bat-humanoid instead of a bird and the obvious tauren deer makes no sense for them either.
    Undead: Straight back option and maybe a few jaw styles that include beards for males, please?
    Tauren: More horns, facial hair options, and fur colors. Maybe tattoos and piercing options, for both male and female tauren. Seperation of some stuff. I want male tauren to be able to choose beards, mane braids, and piercings separately.
    Blood Elf: I wish they'd change the male's stance, but that won't be happening. Some runic tattoo options on top of some just additional customization options. I'd like a dark skintone a lot for blood elves. (Please Blizz?)
    Goblin: I honestly have no idea.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2019-11-14 at 07:15 AM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

I want skeletal options for undead.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I saw the general one about "Wildhammer and boneless bonebois" but it wasn't really suggesting other customizations for the other races, at least not in list form. Was trying to keep it a little more organized.

However, I didn't see the "choose your customization" one as it had fallen off the front page when I started typing. Sorry. Mods, feel free to delete this thread if you want.
    It's my thread. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ebois-and-more!

And it is definitely both "these are neat" and "what others can you think of?" so I think this thread's topic is covered already.

On topic though, leaves in night elf hair and big ol' beards, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    *echo* Frostborn dwarf customization..ation..ation..ation
    Frostborn as a future playable race plz!

I want Trolls and Undead males to walk straight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuya1 View Post
    *echo* Frostborn dwarf customization..ation..ation..ation
    That's another allied race... or Dark Iron Costumization... from lava to ice

More beards for orcs and blood elves. War paint and/or tattoos for everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Instead of allied races they should have just added more customizations.

10+ Year Old Account
    ALL races need more facial hair options.

That is all I really have to add.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?