Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are they ever gonna fix all the messed up timelines?

Made my first Pandaren and upon finishing my intro quests im sent to meet the Horde Warchief...Garrosh?? OK Im pretty sure hes been dead for a few expansions now. Not to mention hes also in Borean Tundra on Northrend. How can he be in 2 places at once? Warchief in orgrimmer, which is odd enough considering Slyvanas is/was warchief? Wait is she even Warchief? I know I watched a cinematic where she kills Saurfang outside Orgrimmar before insulting everyone and vanishing. So why is she still in Orgrimmar? Why is Saurfang still very much alive inside Orgrimmar? Why is she still handing out quests in Silverpine where shes not even warchief but Garrosh is even though hes dead and she just vanished? Im sorry if all this is confusing to read because literally none of it makes any sense to me either. Are they ever gonna fix all this stuff to where it actually makes sense?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2019-11-03 at 04:33 PM.

Did you even watch Blizzcon? They are doing exactly this.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So what, you think they might just write a couple of lines of code, swap some quest text and there we go? They will let you chose which "timeline" you work with from now on. But if you expect them all to match up and make sense when put together... You have got to understand, that's an expansion worth of content in itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    They stuff you are talking about can't be fixed unless they are doing a world revamp.

They are however fixing most of the problems of it with the lvl squish in 9.0 by making the 1-50 experience a chromie time travel adventure.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    nope I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Made my first Pandaren and upon finishing my intro quests im sent to meet the Horde Warchief...Garrosh?? OK Im pretty sure hes been dead for a few expansions now. Not to mention hes also in Borean Tundra on Northrend. How can he be in 2 places at once? Warchief in orgrimmer, which is odd enough considering Slyvanas is/was warchief? Wait is she even Warchief? I know I watched a cinematic where she kills Saurfang outside Orgrimmar before insulting everyone and vanishing. So why is she still in Orgrimmar? Why is Saurfang still very much alive inside Orgrimmar? Why is she still handing out quests in Silverpine where shes not even warchief but Garrosh is even though hes dead and she just vanished? Im sorry if all this is confusing to read because literally none of it makes any sense to me either. Are they ever gonna fix all this stuff to where it actually makes sense?
    They can never fix the mess of timelines without deleting an expansion or two, but the level squish is best fix since you only level in one expansion (timeline) and not bounce around.

They are???

Doesn't sound like it to me. All it sounds like is they're doing something I suggested durring Cataclysm and just having a Bronze Dragon (in this case, Chromie) send you to an expansion area with just a text explanation of it being "time warped"... They're not fixing shit. They're just sticking a text bubble to explain the open wound. :P

If I fly out there today or post-expansion, those NPCs and quests will still be there from the sounds of it.

This is 12 years old issues at least. There is no fix, it's a feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally got adressed in blizzcon, but better make a thread about it anyway right?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

nope I did not.
    In Shadowlands you will start off with a tutorial and after that you will be able to choose the expansion you want to play levels 10-50. All previous expansions will be explained by you being sent back in time by Chromie.

Why dont they just remove NPCs once they die? I mean we literally just watched Slyvanas shit on the Horde and vanish and Saurfang die so why are they both still inside Orgrimmar?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2019-11-03 at 04:43 PM.

right because everyone was at Blizzcon.
    MMO-C is updated with all of the Blizzcon updates so advice would be to look through those posts if you're unfamiliar with what was revealed/discussed.

They can't just go ahead and update all expansions. And even if they did, that would mean you will no longer have access to it's content because it would have to be updated to a version where it's all done with.

What can be done and pretty much what they're doing is you more or less start in the current time and if you wish to, you can experience the events that happened in previous expansions, kind of like caverns of time. It's a good solution that allows to keep all the old conent instead of pointlessly investing massive amounts of time to rework it.

Would be nice if they add an introductory video for each of them (mostly for the newer players).

- - - Updated - - -

Why dont they just remove NPCs once they die? I mean we literally just watched Slyvanas shit on the Horde and vanish and Saurfang die so why are they both still inside Orgrimmar?
    Too much phasing. You may have completed the questline but not everyone did.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-11-03 at 05:39 PM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands will do nothing to fix up disconnected and contradictory timelines.

Blizzard, however, has a rather clever answer which is that people will level new characters and alts within the bounds of a single historical expansion. So, the timelines of the other expansions will not matter in your leveling experience.

A side effect of this is to make it much less likely that they will ever remake the world again.

If you have yet to view what was said at Blizzcon please visit our news pages. People here have done rather heroic work to get the panels, Q&A's and interviews summarized. Just about anything you want to know is there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    it is in shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope I did not.
    Blizz is fixing it in a sense. There's a new starting experience (though you can still opt to do one of the originals) and leveling through one of the past expansions is treated as a timewalking/learn-what-happened sort of deal before you move up to the current stuff.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Alliance timeline seems to be more correct. When I go into Stormwind castle there is no Varian, its always Anduin. They couldnt fix the Horde's that easily?

Do you realize that thats not how questing in wow worlds right? If you questing in MoP and taking quests from Garrosh you literaly play in the past and BFA hasnt happed for you or any other stuff after MoP. When you questing in past, past is your present and present is your future.

source for your claim of a world revamp please?
    all we have is you can level 10-50 in any xpac you want NOT a world revamp!

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    source for your claim of a world revamp please?
    all we have is you can level 10-50 in any xpac you want NOT a world revamp!
    Chromie will turn everything you see around you to match an expansion's storyline, so if you want to play through WotLK, Thrall will be in the Warchief hall. If you want to play MoP storyline to level up, Garrosh will be there.