Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

The anniversary event is very underwhelming

You do 3 bosses, you jump from boss to boss, you enter the fight midfight, you sometimes only stay for half a minute, and then you move on. Cataclysm doesn't even have Deathwing, TBC doesn't even have Illidan. You don't actually get to kill any boss. Got Lich King in Wrath, but the fight ended before we killed him.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    why should the anniversary be any better then BfA itself? Blizz gave up on this addon and everything that comes with it a month into BfA

I'm only there for the mount and pet anyway.. so tbh, I don't give much of a fuck. Killing bosses I did years ago when they were current holds little meaning to me.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    why should the anniversary be any better then BfA itself? Blizz gave up on this addon and everything that comes with it a month into BfA
    Please stop calling expansions "addons".

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an event to celebrate a decade and a half of the game, and having killed most of those bosses dozens/hundreds of times when they were relevant, I for one am grateful it was just a quick 'hey remember when you did this?' kind of thing.

But hey, people would complain no matter what. So don't let me stop you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    You do 3 bosses, you jump from boss to boss, you enter the fight midfight, you sometimes only stay for half a minute, and then you move on. Cataclysm doesn't even have Deathwing, TBC doesn't even have Illidan. You don't actually get to kill any boss. Got Lich King in Wrath, but the fight ended before we killed him.
    would you prefer Madness than Rag/Nef/Cho? as for Illidan, he is absent for the same reason Yogg is absent - you can do him in TW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post
    Please stop calling expansions "addons".
    It's a common thing in the UK. I'm sorry but you should learn to live with the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    would you prefer Madness than Rag/Nef/Cho? as for Illidan, he is absent for the same reason Yogg is absent - you can do him in TW
    but you can do Rag in timewalking too

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to rip my hair out with how shitty some people can be. If there's anything I've learned from this event, it's to never do LFR again, let alone play with bad players. So many of them were absolutely clueless and just flat out sucked. People are entitled to play the game however they please, but I never want to play with a bad player ever again. Bad players ruin the game. I wasn't toxic at any given point or hurled insults. I just kept to myself and my face turned into a tomato.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Respectfully disagree. When Defile hit and everyone in the group lol'ed in the chat after it grew and gibbed us. Ahhhh good times.

Most other anniversary events all I did was login and collect whatever was in my mailbox. This year's event gave us just the right amount of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's a common thing in the UK. I'm sorry but you should learn to live with the fact.
    Why should I agree to an obviously wrong and stupid thing? From what I've seen, people calling it "addons" are a minority. They need to get their shit together.

Infracted: Trolling {ML}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-06 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, all I wanna do is to use Saronite Bombs on the Lich King platform.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I admit my group died twice on the cata part.

At first everyone ignored adds on cho'gal. You will actually die before it switches the fight.
    Nefarian was ez and quick.
    We also died on ragnaros on the first time. He summoned the orbs which then exploded and killed most of the raid. Surprisingly on the next time we got there, he did not cat that ability a single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    And what do you call addons, you know, those things you get from CurseForge?

For the OT:
    If you actually want to enjoy an anniversary event, don't do it on the first day, because it'll be bugged. Do it a few days later, say on the weekend, by then Blizzard will have hotfixed the most obvious bugs and you'll actually experience it as intended.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-11-06 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    And what do you call addons, you know, those things you get from CurseForge?
    Knock it off. The thread is not about the semantics of what to call an expansion/addon. Different parts of the world call things by different names and that's OK. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravemind View Post
    but you can do Rag in timewalking too
    not yet, soon though

What is the point of doing Heigan when it even ends before safety dance?
    What is the point of Vashj if you even do not need to throw spines?
    What is the point of Lich King when you even can stay in Remorsless Winter?

Why there can't be event that not all casual baddies are able to finish it?
    I seriously thought i will jump from playing Classic and do this event... but i is not even worth installing retail, lol.

Not just underwhelming.

Blizzard thoroughly thought about warmode players with this event..

//./ imgur.com/ a/aY8 Abnk

The problem of waiting for chromie to spaw added with the bug at Rag made me a little disappointed. We spawned at Rag and instantly died to his fire attack then next almost all were suck constantly spawning in.. sad they can’t even get their party right.

Got the pet. Got the mount. The event has served its purpose. Now awaiting patch 8.3...