Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Over an hour queue for a 1min event. Blizzard would have been better off just having Chromie drop us off solo to help random AI in the encounter..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Over an hour queue for a 1min event. Blizzard would have been better off just having Chromie drop us off solo to help random AI in the encounter..
    Yeh that's why I did it on a healer, maybe 2 minute queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeh that's why I did it on a healer, maybe 2 minute queue.
    I did it on a dps and took literally nothing on the queue! :/

Its because you've gotten older.
    Just like your birthdays start to feel underwhelming when you get in your late 20's.
    Anniversary events were never that big of a deal in the first place.

Other than Ragnaros being buggy as fuck and people dying to the safety dance/defile, I enjoyed the event. I hope they keep Old AV on rotation; I enjoy this version of it so much more than current.

Yeah I must say I've been a little underwhelmed myself. The mount is really nice but the frustration getting to it was something else.

I had thought (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), that the 3 boss encounters per wing would be full fights but to log in on the BC wing and think to myself that I had taken the place of a person either being booted, dc'd or who just left because the fight was already half done. Seeing others in the group ask the same question only to be zoned out soon after, the amount of confusion from everyone was not reassuring as to what was happening. Then as if it were ablink of an eye all three fights were done and the entire wing completed in what seemed like 10 minutes.

This wouldn't have been so bad except that my queue time (as well as others in my guild) was 1.5 hours long. All that wait for a 10 minute encounter. Luckily I had time to do "The Originals" quest and other things while I waited.

Later on we got a guild group going to try and make it faster but I'm sure a lot more people logged in by then because queue times went down to 4 minutes but groups we got into were very toxic, either because they were experiencing the same things or for their own reasons but man, some people were really wired for sound. This was also the time we started to see bugs. One mage in our guild would zone in to see a perpetual swirl on screen. No boss, no raid, just the swirl. And every time we tried an encounter as well. Ragnaros himself provided that zone in swirl reset bug I had heard of from others where you start the fight as per normal but would get the encounter reset by the zone in swirl every 5 or so seconds. Ragnaros would still take damage as normal but the raid would continually get placed back into the same stack when the swirl started again. Luckily it did not affect the completion of the fight, it just meant you couldn't postition anywhere but the zone in point. And one DK in my guild said his mount had the word "Revoked" on his mount collection where the Obsidian Worldbreaker should be.

I had expected a more engaging set of raids to be honest, and was prepared for them. Here I thought it would take a couple weeks to finish considering the number of fights involved, but instead I was done in a couple hours. It seems the real grind is the AV bg from what I've been reading, but I have yet to take part in it so we'll see when I do.

Oh well, at least I got my mount. It's pretty cool too, the sounds it makes when you summon it are awesome, that low grumbling roar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

It was a nice trip down memory lane, but my guild and I were super sad that we only got to fight each boss for like, two minutes. We were all really hoping it was going to be nine full fledged bosses, rather than three individual encounters with each phase serving as a three minute sampler of the boss. It's especially sad that some of the fights, like Nefarian, Kael, and Vashj, don't even show off their signature mechanics.

It's still fun, but it was so lackluster when it could have been so much more.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    You do 3 bosses, you jump from boss to boss, you enter the fight midfight, you sometimes only stay for half a minute, and then you move on. Cataclysm doesn't even have Deathwing, TBC doesn't even have Illidan. You don't actually get to kill any boss. Got Lich King in Wrath, but the fight ended before we killed him.
    I think its pretty cool imo, i love it
    yeast

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's a common thing in the UK. I'm sorry but you should learn to live with the fact.
    Mate, am from the UK and never heard it be called an addon, it's an expansion

the amount of imbeciles... Had 3 tries and explained it 3 times. but some plebs are like hey let's follow arthas into the pool. Mother of god, on the first try the pool covered the whole platform in less than 2 seconds. Then when the platform cracks under their feet they just wait there and fall. Casuals are disgusting. So glad that I could finish everything in like 45mins.

AV will be another story it seems tho. %90 of the players go to the mine to capture a flag for a fucking 10 points? while alliance is ripping our guy while belinda is pumping them with steroids. Fuck those little side quests.

Anyone that has played F2P Eastern MMO's will realise what a proper event is, i'm talking open world king of the hill arena, popup bosses, server wide buffs, GM interaction, GM's spawning in raid bosses, having a laugh with the players, dungeon raids (100 v 100 guild battles) etc etc etc

WoW's events (all year round, holiday events or specific events) are shambolic, very lacklustre, uncreative etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravemind View Post
    but you can do Rag in timewalking too
    Yeah, but it's Rag, he's iconic. He would totally kick Illidans ass in a 1-on-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's a common thing in the UK. I'm sorry but you should learn to live with the fact.
    No it really isn't - an expansion is called an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it was nice. Wouldn't do it again though. All of the popping in and out with all of the spell effects instantly lighting up killed my computer's performance. Spent half of each fight lagging behind. Managed to not die on most of them, but Heigan and Arthas got me twice, Anub and Rag got me once, and Archimode can go fuck himself just for his general existence.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Vynlann View Post
    I was hoping the anniversary raid things were bugged that you would go from fight to fight and how short they are, kinda of disappointing.
    The first few times the encounter finished and warped back to Chromie, half the raid thought it was bugged.

Anniversary AV is the best alt levelling boost Blizz has ever added.

The raids were so-so but like others have stated, when you get a group that’s wiping on safety dance multiple times, you become more thankful that they went for this option.

This thread, not so much the OP but the following arguments seem peak "I am feel uncomfortable when we are not about me?"

Not everything has to fellate the heroic or mythic raider.

It's fun. And larger in scope than most prior anniversaries. I'm enjoying it. Frankly I hope they keep doing it for Anniversaries to come, and add new expansions to the retro-raids. (Add MoP and maybe WoD next year, for instance)... I'm not seeking challenging raid content for a holiday. A few fun nostalgia moments and a free mount is perfect imo.

If anything I wish they'd also re-incorporate the Molten Core 40 raid they introduced during whatever anniversary that was. Keep some of this anniversary content evergreen. But I don't necessarily think they should bring the core hound mount back, so they'd obviously need to give it some new loot rewards, or it would just be pointless.

The new timewalking "raids" already have loot, so bringing them back would be fine next year, even if they no longer reward the Deathwing mount there's still some incentive for easy gear, like other Holiday Bosses.

Ran it smoothly yesterday on my main.

Did it today on a couple alts and the number of times i have come out of the Heigan dance as the only one alive...
    And if a try does get to Lich king people dont understand defile and we go straight back to the start.

When did every group leader shouting for everyone to stack for defiles become a thing? I remember it being easier for a few loosely spread people to move than an entire clueless group of randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Ran it smoothly yesterday on my main.

Did it today on a couple alts and the number of times i have come out of the Heigan dance as the only one alive...
    And if a try does get to Lich king people dont understand defile and we go straight back to the start.

When did every group leader shouting for everyone to stack for defiles become a thing? I remember it being easier for a few loosely spread people to move than an entire clueless group of randoms.
    The benefit from stacking is that you can condition everyone to move every cast, instead of having to rely on people to notice it on their own (which they wont).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death