Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    This needs a poll. let me give you the options, from least saltiest to saltiest:

• Unsalted
    • Lightly Salted
    • Salty
    • Extremely Salty
    • Dead Sea
    • Kripparrian
    I can only second this. The quiet majority is around unsalted to salty, the loud minority is nearly always Kripparrian. Would love to see the poll ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    you're not very smart i can tell you that much
    Haha, funny. Thanks a lot, friend.

I'm honestly cautiously optimistic. It sounds like it basically fixes 90% of the problems I have, but I fear there's something lurking in the design they haven't detailed yet that's going to ruin it, or I just haven't fully understood some part of it. BFA was the first expansion since I started in BC that I felt compelled to stay unsubbed for the majority of the expansion's life (I recently resubbed after last subbing from around when the first raid of the expansion was out, and after those two months are up, I don't plan on resubbing until probably Shadowlands unless they do something pretty enticing before then), so, to me, they really have nowhere to go but up. (That being said, as disappointed in BFA as I am, it's still nowhere near as bad as WoD was for me)

remains to be seen i guess.

But im lot liking how they are doubling down on weekly rewards. Its to me an indication that they are still trying to control our progress in the game by designing everything to be rewarding once a day or once a week but never more.

Myself im happy if i have more than 40 hours of content to play at launch this time around be4 i got nothing left to do but to level an alt.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

MMO-C is always salty

I haven't seen anything particularly wrong with the expansion itself other than Sylvanas. :P I suppose it is disappointing there's no new class, but you know more Allied races are coming and I'm excited to see the new character creation options. It also seems like it might be more alt/solo friendly, but I'm not holding my breath because Blizzard's idea of that is usually much different than actual altoholics/soloers. I'm just hoping the story (other than Sylvanas -_-) is good and heavily features the Ebon Blade, that'll make me happy.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I think it was a natural step forward as far as lore is concerned. I am happy as long as they fix the classes and stick with their class over spec identity philosophy.

I've had lots of people in my guild saying that they are leaving because of the level squish.

I've yet to see any rational reason to be ok with the stat squish (a major change), but have major problems for a trivial change like the level squish.

So yeah - lots of people salty because their 3 digit number is changing to a 2 digit number.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    This needs a poll. let me give you the options, from least saltiest to saltiest:

• Unsalted
    • Lightly Salted
    • Salty
    • Extremely Salty
    • Dead Sea
    • Kripparrian
    You've been waiting a while to use that haven't you? Kappa

Reserved apathy is more of a good word for it. It looks like the expansion might be a good turning point but this is also the same game director that made all of the decisions and thinks BFA was a great expansion. The content can be great all day but if the directors philosophy does not change it does not matter.

Why are we labeling people about this?

I'm very unimpressed with the expansion announcement. Why does that make me salty to express my opinion? Why are people throwing out terms like "toxic" when people want to discuss the fact that they feel the expansion is underwhelming. On a discussion board. For that expansion.

Do people really want an echo chamber where only people super pysched about the expansion are posting? That it's nothing but peaches and cream all the time?

Look, I'm honestly happy for you if you think Shadowlands looks awesome. I really am. I'm glad that there are people who are excited to play it an feel passion for the product. But I'm not. I've been playing this game for 15 years and this is the first time I saw an expansion announcement and felt so utterly "meh" about it. But are we really at a point where me being unhappy with what they announced equals "saltiness"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really salty about it. Im more salty about those complainers who complain no matter what Blizzard does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    people on mmo champion are just the very social kind of guys, they care about many things related to social matters (which in my opinion doesn't matter but so is the reality)
    someone not social would not care about what others think
    they just love wow very much and they want the community to matter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Every expansion is good. Everything in WoW only keeps on getting better. If you say anything else you're salty, toxic, entitled, mentally ill, hate Blizzard etc.
    Not true, my friend and I were talking about this yesterday - we're not compelled to play BFA because its rewards systems aren't compelling. We're excitedly waiting for Shadowlands because the rewards/systems look good.

Cautiously optimistic, really some of the stuff looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Why are we labeling people about this?

I'm very unimpressed with the expansion announcement. Why does that make me salty to express my opinion? Why are people throwing out terms like "toxic" when people want to discuss the fact that they feel the expansion is underwhelming. On a discussion board. For that expansion.

Do people really want an echo chamber where only people super pysched about the expansion are posting? That it's nothing but peaches and cream all the time?

Look, I'm honestly happy for you if you think Shadowlands looks awesome. I really am. I'm glad that there are people who are excited to play it an feel passion for the product. But I'm not. I've been playing this game for 15 years and this is the first time I saw an expansion announcement and felt so utterly "meh" about it. But are we really at a point where me being unhappy with what they announced equals "saltiness"?
    I don't think a lot of posters or players would say this opinion makes you salty and frankly I don't think anyone is at odds with an well articulated opinion such as yours. There are however posters who argue that things are objectively horrible and only morons would enjoy them. This rethoric is the one that many are tired of. If you don't like it - fine. I'm even curious what your personal reasons are, but reading post about how stupid everything is and how only idiots would enjoy them are getting tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i'd say WoW comes with 2 flavors. Vanilla or Salty. /sarcasm.

It's a game forum. Players that love stuff rarely goes on forums to say they love stuff.
    People that voice their opinions usually do so when they are against whichever topic came up. That's life

The cosmetic stuff is a negative to me. I don't care about cosmetics and never have, so really that feature is a waste for me. So personally, I haven't seen anything compelling about Shadowlands so far.

The lack of a new class is both disappointing from my perspective and it seriously makes me worry about the game. This isn't because I personally wanted a new class, but more of what a new class brings to the game from my perspective. Replayability, an excuse to play myself, a reason to argue friends should play again, ect.

I'm not excited so far, but I do hope that the xpak ends up being good. After BFA, Blizzard needs to hit this one out of the park, and I hope they do, but I'm worried with what I'm seeing so far. There seems to be an assumption that Blizzard will really focus in on what matters because no new class was added, but I'm worried...
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-11-06 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n0thingm4tters View Post
    I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim they could make a better expansion or know exactly what people want; and that the devs are clueless, yada yada.

Is this the vocal minority or not?

I've certainly disagreed with some changes from Ion in the past but I'll admit, I for one am very excited with the majority of features from SL and think it could be one of the best xpacs.
    What featureS? Geniunly asking.

They just announced the maw. Seems interesting. But heh, untested. Warfront sounded pretty cool too.

Covenant seems to be the new ap grind. Less flexible than azerith gear.
    So what? The unprunning? Meh. A frost mage who mastered the frost magic to perfection using fire spells is just a small flavor. But nothing really impressive. And it's still something we had before the prunning.