Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Vast majority of players are just excited for more content.

As with most expansion reveals, the theme of the new expansion is going to be "take it or leave it", but even if people don't like the theme they'll probably buy it anyway just to keep playing. A lot of people hated the theme of MoP or the premise of WoD, but enjoyed the content anyway.

The people who are into the story hate Sylvanas and want to move on from that story as quickly as possible.

Warcraft 3, WotLK, and Death Knight players are especially offended that the LK got worfed by the worst character in the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    So not salty,
    I dont get all the fuss tho,
    Every xpac there is something wrong; We dont need a new class, we dont need a new race, how could u give alliance shamans, wtf are those?Pandas. etc etc.
    Now they did what people actually asked, and more whines.....

Also loving the broken (lk)helm! Did not expact that.
    Spells coming back (they shouldnt had it removed tho)
    im loving the new zones.
    Also loving covenents
    New LK content
    level squish (faster max lvl)
    Get in my Belly!

Salty is probably the wrong word.

I don't think the ideas presented are necessarily bad, however, they don't fix my biggest issue with the current game.

Unless you love playing lots of alts or like grinding cosmetic rewards, the game is turning into a seasonal game.
    You play when the next major patch comes out, your Ilvl skyrockets within the first weeks and after this initial rush phase, suddenly your character progression comes to a grinding halt.
    Then you rely on Titanforging or AP Grind to make any meaningful character progression.

After 3 months of playing the same patch, you're totally bored because there's basically nothing solid to progress your character on anymore and the next patch is still 3+ months off.

I'll stick with my opinion: Shadowlands is looking like a BfA with improved gameplay, if your biggest gripe with BfA was the bland gameplay / content, there's a good chance you'll enjoy Shadowlands.
    However, if a driving factor for you is character progression, then Shadowlands will not be that enjoyable.

Not exactly salty, just not interested. The announcement didnt include anything at all that would make me interested in the game. No new class, now new races, ect.

Lots of people go about saying "we dont need new clases, they cant even balance exsting ones!". Well.. since when have classes been balanced? Balanced in what context? Pve, pvp? Dungeons or raids? Arenas or battlegrounds? Its impossible. What blizz does is move them around as patches come. Extra class in there isnt going to change anything at all.
    Races? We have indeed been getting allied races, but lets be honest. They are just slightly altered versions of existing races. Only zandalari and kul tiran had unique model, I think? Blizz could have given new interesting looks for players by giving actually new races. No.

Perhaps expansion could have innovated something(yeah, right...). Not class or race. Something interesting. Instead they spend the expansion fixing problems they created themselves anyway?

What is the selling point of SL? The thing that hooks people in? Nothing as far as I can tell. Its just a bigger patch that you get to pay for. You could argue that story and such are the selling point, but these exist in most patches, all expansions have them. They are nothing unique. While they are content, they arent the hook. At least not for me.

I will still buy the expansion, probably even the most expensive version, because it has stuff I want to pick up. I will still play, but my feelings regarding this expansion is roughly same as i feel for a patch that doesnt bring anything interesting.

Welcome to the Salt Pits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Forget Shadowlands, if Blizzard is willing to make an Overwatch 2 theres no reason they cant make a WoW 2 and that alone is an exciting concept.
    Hopefully Warcraft 3 reforged has given the art team enough assets to try and really make a true sequel to this game. Only so much you can expand one game before it runs its course.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    In general, you're more likely to hear negative opinions here or in any forum simply because people who are not unhappy tend to post less about the game, so it can be hard to judge whether it is a minority or not. There is also a certain level of incredulity from some posters in regards to positivity, i.e., "You think x feature is good? You're crazy/wrong/stupid/what's wrong with the community", and that sort of criticism can make some people apathetic about being more positive, or feel peer pressure to go along with the consensus.

To offer a good counter comparison, I was at Blizzcon for the first time this year and based on the people I spoke to and listened to, it was about a 4:1 ratio of folks who were positive about the announcement, which is not surprising. Most of the criticism seemed to regard the lack of a new class but it was not angry "I'm unsubbing" type negativity.
    This is true. Because i'm happy with Shadowlands, i don't feel the need to discuss much about it, i have nothing bad to say, besides that i don't like still pathfinder how it is, no word on GCD's and that we didnt had a class, but that i understand that. All the rest it's like, i didn«t play the expansion yet, so i can't make a full list of arguments about it being good or bad, only that i like the new expansion ideas. And can be a really good expansion, going for features that i was looking for in the game.

And people that are not happy with whatever it is, will always comment and agree with each other. And the result is that, we get a bunch of threads saying the same thing and bad about the announced expansion, calling it even an addon/patch/etc. They give so many names for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    This is true. Because i'm happy with Shadowlands, i don't feel the need to discuss much about it, i have nothing bad to say, besides that i don't like still pathfinder how it is, no word on GCD's and that we didnt had a class, but that i understand that. All the rest it's like, i didn«t play the expansion yet, so i can't make a full list of arguments about it being good or bad, only that i like the new expansion ideas. And can be a really good expansion, going for features that i was looking for in the game.

And people that are not happy with whatever it is, will always comment and agree with each other. And the result is that, we get a bunch of threads saying the same thing and bad about the announced expansion, calling it even an addon/patch/etc. They give so many names for it.
    Exactly. For my part, I'll reserve judgment until I actually play it, but I imagine it will be mostly akin to what we've done for so many expansions now, a different name, slightly different look, but essentially teh same. If the encounters are fun and the gameplay rewarding, it'll be ok.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I was just really hoping for a new class. We're getting a few too many races compared to classes.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Exactly. For my part, I'll reserve judgment until I actually play it, but I imagine it will be mostly akin to what we've done for so many expansions now, a different name, slightly different look, but essentially teh same. If the encounters are fun and the gameplay rewarding, it'll be ok.
    Same, i prefer being quiet about it, until i play it. If i actually feel good or bad about something i will leave my judgement or praise for later. For now i did my pre order, i'm excited with a new expansion and that's about it. For now.

Rather than just call people salty, why don't you explain why you think SL will be the best expansion, or what you disagree with when people list all of the things they don't like? The problem isn't people complaining on MMO-C, the problem is complaining that not everyone agrees with you.

People are quite salty on mmo overall. And not in the "I prefer something else and I am not happy to see that I didn't get it", but in the "I have a thorn in my foot and I let that affect everything in my life".
    But I'd say mmo has been fairly neutral to positive.
    Outside of mmo, I have seen tons of positive responses. But n of 1 is not much of anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    This needs a poll. let me give you the options, from least saltiest to saltiest:

• Unsalted
    • Lightly Salted
    • Salty
    • Extremely Salty
    • Dead Sea
    • Kripparrian
    Brilliant choices.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am slightly seasoned.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Brilliant choices.
    LOL i'm laughing so hard at this. Also, I'm rewatching the reactions of the public on the cinematic, and there was this scream that seemed like a real life audio of a banshee x'D which makes me laugh even more and people saying "no no nonoooo" when the helm is broken xD

- - - Updated - - -

Wait: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AahBRmhxJAg

This one lol at 4:25

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    Not salty at all, i'm happy we needed a rework of the core of the game.
    Rework of the core of the game?... Lol guess we read different things.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    People on MMO-C are ALWAYS salty not matter what.

Change my mind.
    100x this.

I for one am excited about Shadowlands. But I also enjoyed BfA, so I guess that makes me a weirdo around here.
    Here is something to believe in!

this is buzzwordschampion.com we call everyone with a different opinion exotic words like: salty,toxic, & vocal minority.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of course. Personally I think the premise of the expansion is interesting. Wait and see how it pans out. We'd have better conversations if people relaxed a little bit and ditched the catch phrases but who am I kidding?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Greatly looking forward to Shadowlands. But I am salty that the Lich King failed to deliver a single hit on Sylvanas.