Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it looks like an interresting expansion.

As of now, all I have is a positive curiosity towards getting into it.

MMOC users will complain about -everything-. Blizzard could announce a stellar alignment of an expansion, with 2 raids, 20 zones, 15 dungeons and people would whine that it would be toooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Player customization? PFFFF FILLER EXPANSION.

No customization? PFFFF THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD IT 10 YEARS AGO!!11

Islands and Warfronts? TRASH EXPANSION

No islands and warfronts? LOL, GLORIFIED PATCH.

Pruning abilities? WTF BLIZZARD, I NEED MY EYES OF THE BEAST!11

Returning abilities? LOL, USELESS ABILITIES.

Very little of the blind hatred the game (and blizzard) gets is unjustified, and is just a way to vent their RL frustrations on a message board.

That said, i'm pretty excited. Run of the mill zones, dungeons and raids, whilst fixing a lot of issues (too much rng and grinds) and adding loads of choices and customization. Oh, and non-rng legendaries?

That's a win on my book, i wouldn't need anything else, and we're getting a "Slay the spire" sort of endless dungeon to play solo or with any party size.. that's huge and i hope they pull it off making it interesting and 'fresh' throughout the expansion. Vastly more interesting than what Islands and Warfronts seemed when revealed. Those were trashcan features from the get go.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-11-06 at 04:11 PM.

Trust me most people are either excited for it or at least okay with it

Quote Originally Posted by n0thingm4tters View Post
    I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim they could make a better expansion or know exactly what people want; and that the devs are clueless, yada yada.
    Ah yes, armchair devs that have no clue what they're talking about.

As others have stated it's always a vocal minority that's unhappy with everything.

I'm excited about it. This is the best new lore we've had since MoP, and the game desperately needs it as we defeat more and more enemies and explore more and more places from the RTS games and early WoW.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

We have people who will shit on anything Blizzard puts out and people who would hype up and buy anything Blizzard puts out... and everyone else in between. You're only seeing what you wanna see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Shadowlands live up to the SUCCESS of BFA?

5+ Year Old Account
    MMO champ is a mix of Sweet n Sour.

Sure there are some salty posters here and there.

But over all it’s a mix. You can tell the ones on vacation might be the salty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    People on MMO-C are ALWAYS salty not matter what.

Change my mind.
    Its an issue with forum structure imo, good posts dont get rewarded, controversial posts on the other hand do. Its easy to have your post skipped over if it doesnt ruffle someones feathers

You'll get the definite answer later, when shadowblands will be known as second filler expansion in a row, first time in blizzard history.

Right now the actual vocal minority are the lobotomites who urge us to wait and see, because it's not yet even alpha/beta/gamma/omega. As if it is rocket science that bland expansion isnt going become better with time.

I was genuinely excited for it until Ion said it's the same old Pathfinder that has ruined my enjoyment of the game for the past 2-3 expansions. I guess screw me for being optimistic that they might actually listen to people who have been complaining about having to wait to fly for a whole year for the past 2-3 expansions. Or the people who booed Ion at Blizzcon when he said that. No matter how hard I have tried to enjoy this game for the past 2-3 expansions, even with Legion being an amazing expansion, I just cannot do it if Pathfinder exists. It's really depressing, it has completely killed my enjoyment of a game I've enjoyed for an entire decade because the devs are too stubborn to admit they were wrong about removing flight and make us wait an entire year for it for no other reason than as far as I can tell but pure spite. It's not about "experiencing the content", it's not about saving world PVP, it's literally just artificially extending out the content by making us wait a year for flight. And if they're willing to do that, then I have exactly 0 hope for Shadowlands as an expansion or these devs in general.

That Sylvanas cinematic about killing hope was really about the devs killing all my hope in them and this game TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Any true WoW bashing threads for the sake of bashing normally get deleted and the myth that every thread is negative is silly.
    That's a Sargeras-sized load of horse-shit.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

people on MMO champ are always salty.

I'm 99% this must have been posted once in a similar thread, but here we go.

This sums up the WoW community and Blizzard's relationship:

Honestly it's an expansion that seems centered around fixing the things players are complaining about. My only gripe so far is I wasn't hyped up much by the cinematic, but I wasn't for the Legion one either, and that expansion turned out good.

I try to keep in mind Blizzard have a much longer timetable of this stuff than I do, knowing what'll happen, and actually wait for them to release it instead of REEEing based on tiny out of context snippets that they retcon half the time before they even reach live.

Like at the end of the day, I liked Saurfang's storyline. Looking back over it, all the times I was unsure about where it was headed as "just a MOP repeat" were somehow simultaneously completely accurate and unwarranted. It was one hell of a ride, with the most memorable moments along it of any expansion in history.

I could go on a tangent saying that SL will be "another WOD" purely because it came after the "MOP ripoff" expansion, but I haven't played it yet. I only concluded WOD was the worst expansion ever after I played it. (And then a second time, in Legion, where I tried to give it another chance as I went back for stuff I missed by quitting like 2 months into that expansion. Nope, still bad.)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-06 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I could go on a tangent saying that SL will be "another WOD" purely because it came after the "MOP ripoff" expansion, but I haven't played it yet. I only concluded WOD was the worst expansion ever after I played it. (And then a second time, in Legion, where I tried to give it another chance as I went back for stuff I missed by quitting like 2 months into that expansion. Nope, still bad.)
    How is BfA a MoP ripoff? MoP is my favorite expansion ever while BfA is just above WoD for me. I really don't see any similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    How is BfA a MoP ripoff? MoP is my favorite expansion ever while BfA is just above WoD for me. I really don't see any similarities.
    The faction war storyline, taking the general direction of:
    -faction war
    -warchief is super aggressive in claiming new territory and destroying the Alliance
    -said warchief using the power of old gods to those means
    -warchief is evicted from their position at Orgrimmar by combined Alliance and Horde Rebel forces only to escape and kick off the plot of the next expansion

It's pretty high overlap, which is why I compare it with Suramar and the blood elves a lot (elves dependent on a magical celestial themed well that their leader betrayed them to the Burning Legion) and Blizzard joked about it with the "propaganda posters" in Orgrimmar that have Garrosh's face on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Don't thank "goodness" - it is the SAME company behind both iterations of the same game. /mind blown...I know
    ...ok? what is your point?

I'm not so much salty as I am...meh?

I'm vaguely interested in seeing a bit more lore wise about how this kitchen sink afterlife approach is going to work out lore wise, but in terms of the plot with Sylvanas and the Jailor I"m just...meh. Disinterested. Checked out. Not upset enough to be 'salty' but not engaged enough to be happy or excited.

Don't ask questions just consume product and then get excited for next products. Otherwise you are just salty.