Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question arguements AGAINST black/asian customization options in WoW

are there any legitimate arguments against adding black and asian human options to Warcraft?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

It’s abit more involved than just textures, but apart from that, no. Although arent darkskinned humans a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Djdizzy View Post
    It’s abit more involved than just textures, but apart from that, no. Although arent darkskinned humans a thing?
    darkskin yes, but its more to it than 'just' the skin color. Hair texture and facial features "should" theoretically be different than what we have.

also to the op, why are you against it? There should be little to no reason to be against different customization unless racism.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    are there any legitimate arguments against adding black and asian human options to Warcraft?
    As a black person i find adding black options offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    so... are you looking for those arguments because you want to use them, or... just posting a bait-like title on accident?

Suffice to say... who cares? It's more customization options, which are always good.

If you want to get into "but why do they look different?" nonsense... why do the wolves on outland look the same as the wolves on Azeroth? Completely different planets separated by untold millennia of evolution, all to convergently produce two groups of wolves that appear exactly identical to one another. Not buying it. Where's the explanation for why those look the same?

Oh, there is none? Well, there's no explanation for why the humans look different either. They just do.

Glad we've settled that.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-11-09 at 01:55 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

People argue that it's against lore.

There were black/asian customization options in Classic, lost in the model update, and we're getting them back again.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

15+ Year Old Account
    asian doesnt make any sense and pandas were the asian race anyway

Just like in WOW, I think there should be more diversity in games like Yakuza and Sleeping Dogs.

Personally no, I like to have an asian character in an MMO and other games, I blasted through Mass Effect Andromeda as an stocky asian dude with a goatee, tough as nails dude, loved it.

I did not even pay attention to this but a guildy went on a weird rant about it, after a while of chatting I figured it out that he was not being racist at all, he was raising the question of where were they this entire time IN the WoW universe, I just laughed and said the Southseas, but he has a little point about it, it was argued they were awlays there, just the game did not portay it, so the question was were any lore characters actually black or asian but where not shown as such before now.

Ofc all current lore characters will remain as they are and they will drip in some new race/face option charcters in the future as we move forward.

But overall its a bit odd from an hmm not sure on the words here, environmentally raised genetic difference perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind more options. More options are always good.

But, it's kind of weird. We didn't have them before. It's going to be a little weird for them to just pop up.

I wonder if Blizzard is going to add random NPC's in places with these new features, or are they perhaps going to change the features of old NPC's, to seem like they were always there? Or are they going to be completely absent from old places, only to be seen in newer zones?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Depends on if they want to give it any lore, but if they add it 'just because' then there is literally no reason to not add any colored human, why not purple, green or orange humans?
    Its blizzards game, they can do what they want, if they want to appeal to other groups of players then that is their decision, if they want rainbow humans with wheels for legs, then thats up to them, but whether it fits with existing lore or needs new lore or will get any explanation at all i think is what concerns some people, which are legitimate concerns whether you care for them or not.

New additions generally warrant an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    But, it's kind of weird. We didn't have them before. It's going to be a little weird for them to just pop up.
    But this is pretty much true of everything added to the game. Things just pop up out of nowhere all the time in WoW. Part of the suspension of disbelief is that we sometimes just have to accept that there isn't a "reason" for everything that gets added to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    People argue that it's against lore.
    i don't believe that it is.

but it is very much against the lore to have dark skinned thalassian elves, or thalassian elves with epicanthal folds.

We've always had black skin options, they are fine, because you can always reason that they are just tanned. Asian is weird, because there is no Asia on Azeroth, but as long as you don't pretend that the Azerothians that look like that are actually Asians, like he did

As long as we know it's just meant as a cosmetic thing to pander to players, I don't mind. Just don't bend logic and tell me that these are Asian humans.

Nope.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post

As long as we know it's just meant as a cosmetic thing to pander to players, I don't mind. Just don't bend logic and tell me that these are Asian humans.
    I'd argue the weapontrainer called Woo Ping wielding a katana probably is asian
    there's still places to be explored on azeroth isnt there so there's always a way

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am entirely against inserting or pushing social justice or shit but really, this is not only realllllllllly fucking tame and they're trying to spin it as that for Good Boy Points, it's just added customisation that's expanding on what's already there. I absolutely believe that you should be able to make other races like that from the get-go but I understand why you couldn't before. Jesus man pick a better hill to die on than being against this.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    As a black person i find adding black options offensive.
    I can't imagine why. It's an RPG game. Adding more options for customization for the sake of players being able to play more to a role they want or in their likeness seems nothing but a good thing. As a person of color it feels awesome. To feel more immersed in the world through a character that more or less shares similar features to my own.

I'd like to know why you find it offensive. Purely curious and for discussion'a sake.