Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Which Horde Leader Will Become a Genocidal Tyrant Next?

Title. It's bound to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its actually very interesting. With sylvanas blizzard proved that things like internal monologues can be in fact written from titan POV, so anything is possible.

For me, its got to be baine. That whole beta, submissive male thing he has going is really fishy.

There will not be a repeat of such a storyline.

The problem with Garrosh and Sylvanas lies in the title of Warchief. You are sworn to the Warchief by an oath and so you have to follow whatever he or she tells you to do. If you must kill 10 children "for the Horde", you either do that or are branded a traitor. That's the very root of the issue. Such problem doesn't present itself now that the title is abolished and the Horde is ruled by a council in which all Horde leaders have equal rights.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its actually very interesting. With sylvanas blizzard proved that things like internal monologues can be in fact written from titan POV, so anything is possible.

For me, its got to be baine. That whole beta, submissive male thing he has going is really fishy.
    He's gonna show up at the Horde council meeting in a trench coat with a Dwarven repeater some day

Joke's on you! It won't be a Horde leader this time! It'll be Tyrande!

She'll kill like, two tauren maybe and be deemed beyond saving and in need of being put down.

I've read enough Reki Kawahara writing to know that the edgy NEET gamer is always the good guy, and the beta best friend is probably rapey so you're right. So don't worry, Nathanos will take him down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    "today we break the cycle"
    so seems like this is the last time that will happen.
    to be fair its only happened twice, i would call it a co-incidence, not a norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

council fight. they block our path to the one who paved the way to their appointment.

Chronicles are totally cannon. No, they are totally Titan perspective. Wait, internal monologue? Gotta be the Titan space magic going a bit astray and making stuff up!
    Definitely, 100%, trust us, it was not a marketing trick!

/rage

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Chronicles are totally cannon. No, they are totally Titan perspective. Wait, internal monologue? Gotta be the Titan space magic going a bit astray and making stuff up!
    Definitely, 100%, trust us, it was not a marketing trick!

/rage
    The "Chronicle" series doesn't include internal monologues - it's essentially a timeline written from an entirely external PoV, with insights drawn from a quasi-omniscient narrator. Internal monologues are present in the various other novels, such as "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King" and "Before the Storm."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

After Garrosh and Sylvanas, I predict a Alliance Leader might have more of a chance of being a Tyrant. But since the thread is about which Horde Leader than I'll probably say Overlord Geya'rah. She came from AU Draenor and might still have her Iron Horde agenda. She no longer has to worry about Yrel's Light Empire from her reality and could secretly grow a private army of Iron Horde loyalist waiting for the right time to make her move. Of course some AU orcs will get too attached to this reality's faction and might not agree with her. Her Iron Horde Remnants can very well be far more dangerous and powerful than even the Iron Horde we faced during WoD. Because she'll be familiar with our world, our defense, and most importantly having azerite to fuel her weapons and troops.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-11-10 at 05:31 AM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The "Chronicle" series doesn't include internal monologues - it's essentially a timeline written from an entirely external PoV, with insights drawn from a quasi-omniscient narrator. Internal monologues are present in the various other novels, such as "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King" and "Before the Storm."
    My bad, gotta reread them, I guess. Too much rage at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It'd have to be Genn and/or Tyrande, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar suddenly tries to reclaim the Elven empire and genocides even more Night Elves to prove his superiority
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    There will not be a repeat of such a storyline.

The problem with Garrosh and Sylvanas lies in the title of Warchief. You are sworn to the Warchief by an oath and so you have to follow whatever he or she tells you to do. If you must kill 10 children "for the Horde", you either do that or are branded a traitor. That's the very root of the issue. Such problem doesn't present itself now that the title is abolished and the Horde is ruled by a council in which all Horde leaders have equal rights.
    And yet in the Vulpera questline the decision to refuse or accept them is solely his, without even consulting any other council members (with Thalyssra even present in the same room). Baine is at the moment Warchief in all but name, and it is absolutely disgusting.
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Well, they have two choices left, Lor'themar and Baine. And we know it isn't going to be Baine. Though I suppose they might reach all the way down the Etrigg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    After Garrosh and Slyvanas, I predict a Alliance Leader might have more of a chance of being a Tyrant.
    Never happen. Blizzard has made it clear what role the factions will serve.

If we are lucky. It will be Baine. Don't get what was blizzard thinking giving us that useless idiot as leader.

when i count which ppl are left at horde, that are

- no douche bags
    - not became douche bags
    - not a clown char like gallywix
    - not a totally niche character

it will become very very difficult, when no one is left over then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    If we are lucky. It will be Baine. Don't get what was blizzard thinking giving us that useless idiot as leader.

you missspelled baines correct title. „useless DOUCHEBAG idiot“, plz!

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    And yet in the Vulpera questline the decision to refuse or accept them is solely his, without even consulting any other council members (with Thalyssra even present in the same room). Baine is at the moment Warchief in all but name, and it is absolutely disgusting.
    they just transitioned into their new system, so there is still some things that need to be ironed out, Baine seemed to be in charge of taking the complaints of members and assigning people to correct it, which makes a modicum of sense as he's probably the most impartial of all the Horde leaders,, he simply didn't have anyone on hand, this might also be a hint that right now the council is working on a "convince everyone else you need troops more then they do" principal, if he did have full control of the Horde forces, at least 1 of those 3 problems would be solved instantly, and military attacks would logically be prioritized

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Lor'themar suddenly tries to reclaim the Elven empire and genocides even more Night Elves to prove his superiority
    You mean the night elf empire? He's welcome to join but we don't let manlet elves rise above serf rank.

Edit: Jokes aside they missed a good opportunity when the blood elves apparently saw zero parallels between the invasion of Darkshore and Quel'thalas. Instead they wasted their time writing the only character more unbearable and edgy than Nathanos...
    Last edited by TheRagebear; 2019-11-10 at 04:56 AM.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    None of them, I'll wager. The Fourth War just ended and I highly, highly doubt anyone on the Horde is going to want to taunt fate and rustle Alliance jimmies the third time in a row. As the others have said, chances are better that Tyrande is going to tell Anduin to shove all that talk of peace up his ass and take the hunt for Sylvanas (probably with Alleria and Vereesa) in the Shadowlands. Maybe Genn, too, but I think at this point no one, other than Tyrande, Alliance-side is feeling particularly "genocidal". I'd stick with "murderous".

But I guess if anyone on the Horde has a chance to be "genocidal" (flavor of the expac term, just like "savage" was in WoD and "sacrifice" in Legion), it'll probably be Geya'rah. And I don't expect her to do anything more substantial until Yrel and the Lightbound are brought into play again in the future, but Geya'rah is about as justified with her hatred of the draenei and the Light as Tyrande is of Sylvanas and (maybe) the Forsaken. Wanting justice/vengeance shouldn't automatically mark someone as villainous unless they steadily go off the deep end and it's not about that anymore.