Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    making old zones useless
    This is why drugs are dangerous guys

If they're squishing the levels and making old zones useless, why not just make an entirely new 2.0 version of the game at this point? I get that Classic is there for nostalgia so there's no reason to leave old useless areas when we could have an all new game from top to bottom.
    Because noone would play it. The RIO is low and there is high risk. They tried to do another MMO and found that it wasn't worth it. The market for MMO is worse than it was back then. WoW 2 will never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Because mmo "sequels" rarely work, for every FFXIV there is 100 EQ2s

I wouldn't like that. All the work for my stuff i have as a collector, to just drop it for a WoW 2. No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    The ONLY way WoW 2.0 would work is if WoW 1.0 closes AND all achievements/pets/mounts/transmogs get transferred over to the new game with new models. People can say they don't care about these things but they still retain a level of prestige.
    Ye, that's literally the only way i would like it and even like that, i'm not sure i want to leave wow as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    2 and 2.0 don't mean the same thing.
    It literally does. So does 02, 2.000000, and 0002.000000000000000000.

WoW 2, not WoW 2.0, 2.0 was TBC
    What you're trying to say is context matters. In which case it still wouldn't matter how you stated the value; someone referring to WoW 2 is clearly talking about a sequel, not the first expansion which was TBC. Hence why people never call TBC "WoW 2.0" to begin with. But hey, who the fuck cares about common sense or how the English language works, right?

But if you actually believe what you said, man, I can only imagine how much confusion you have in your life when you think about Windows 95 versus Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    People severely underestimate how big of an undertaking this is.
    I think people just want wow as it is but updated to support better hardware. At least that's what I always hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I wouldn't like that. All the work for my stuff i have as a collector, to just drop it for a WoW 2. No.
    I thought this as well and didn't say it because I know someone is going to swing in like weLl JUSt DoN'T pLAY IT tHeN
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because WoW is still successful and there is no need.

Besides, we play WoW 2 ever since we finished WotLK, sort of.

I would love a WoW 2 if nothing else than for modern graphics and a modern take of MMO mechanics. WoW is great but it's SO OLD!

MMOs as a whole is drastically dropping in popularity. Making an MMO is a costly endeavour with a high risk...

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I think people just want wow as it is but updated to support better hardware. At least that's what I always hear.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought this as well and didn't say it because I know someone is going to swing in like weLl JUSt DoN'T pLAY IT tHeN
    Ye but well i'm not afraid of saying anything that doesn't go according to others, i have my own fun on stuff, i have farmed stuff for so long, i like to collect stuff on wow, since always and i will feel all my work for it would just disappear, that would just be a big turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    All your work you did past 15 y is throwed away in moment of patch/ expansion release.
    uhmm no,all rep,achievements,mounts,transmogs,tittles(specially ones who cant be obtained anymore)...

Come on OP, you know the reason. Unless they allow full character or account transfers to the new game not many would play. No sequel has really been successful. Maybe FF14 but that was not really a sequel to 11, and ARR shouldn't count because the original sucked ass and none wanted it by the time they destroyed the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    MMOs as a whole is drastically dropping in popularity. Making an MMO is a costly endeavour with a high risk...
    They never really were popular. WoW was an outlier. Nothing before or nothing since has come close to the reach WoW had. Prior to the most one MMO had was 500K active subs, most popular ones since may have 1M.

They kinda tried making a new MMO with codename ''Titan'' which was supposed to be as big or even bigger than WoW, but then the entire project was scrapped and it doesn't seem like they recovered from this loss. Since then they have turned whats left of Titan into Overwatch and then focussed mostly on sequels and mobile games. Its basically the day that talent died at Blizzard

I am quite fond of the graphics and art-style wow is developing over the years for wow.

It gets better and better with each expansion.
    The whole mess with the old world can be remedied in an expansion.

Throw all the old world into a chromie scenario. Update everything.
    Won't happen anytime soon. But it will at some point.

WoW is still immensely lucrative. There is no reason for blizz to make it new and potentially loose players.
    Also we each have up to 15 years of stuff we gathered. People get attached to it. I am not. I would not mind a new game with a better engine but still keeping to its core style but i don't really need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you compare basically changing the player level by dividing it by two to making a whole new game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Going by overwatch standard as long as they implement a new race and class and add a new battleground type then we have a WoW 2.

"But my emotional attachment" is what all the snowflakes claim. There won't be change because Blizzard is already scared of the 'wokeness'.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Old zones are already useless and WoW 2.0 is a huge risk for them. They still make money from this one.
    sounds great, as any other game who gets a sequel

If they're squishing the levels and making old zones useless, why not just make an entirely new 2.0 version of the game at this point? I get that Classic is there for nostalgia so there's no reason to leave old useless areas when we could have an all new game from top to bottom.
    cause no one would play wow 2. people who invested 15 years into one game dont just switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    they could use a new graphic engine, maybe similar to diablo 4 but in free 3d and with more color and more details
    no that would make wow2 an instant fail, wow has to be cartonish

fact is an new mmo like wow 2 would fall like other have to king WoW

Well, when doing a postmortem on Titan, they did say that if they will ever make a new MMO, one of the priorities would be to get as many of wow's players to switch. Which means killing off wow. Which will not happen as long as it's making decent money. They will literally be sued to death by shareholders otherwise.