Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Big, HUGE MF NO!!!!!!!!!!

I really dunno what makes people thinking that we have 36 CLASSES?

Like what? We have ARMS warrior and then we have HOLY ARMS WARRIOR (ret paladin). The only difference is? 1 can bubble, other can leap? o.O

15+ Year Old Account
    "Proc" based rotations have always been boring to me, give me a normal spell rotation any time. All classes I've tried feel like the wotlk paladin now to me, even a holy priest cannot just heal anymore but has to watch 10 timers to alternate 10 spells which all have a long cooldown decreasing each others cooldown ZZZZzzzZz.

The only class that felt great to me was a resto shaman, feels oldskool still, hasn't changed that much. At least I can simply cast heals instead of waiting around like a hpriest and I do not _have_ to dps as a healer. (Which is also a big minus for me, I want to heal, not dps inbetween)

Go back to 2 specs per class, and fix those. They cannot seem to handle 36 ones, most feel the same. You'd think with ~36 specs they could at least enable every playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find most classes to be more mechanically engaging and interesting now than any other expansion before MoP combined. I mainly play healers and I quite enjoy them all now, though my favorite has been resto shaman during Antorus in Legion.

But I do indeed generally like the classes in BFA. Don't be fooled by opinions on forums and Reddit 100%. The most vocal part of the community is also a very low minority.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    After recently playing SWTOR again, I absolutely dread the return of old abilities in Shadowlands.

The ability bloat is insane in SWTOR, but it reminds me of the early days of WoW with 2 full bars of 12 slots and a side bar of another 12 slots for ~36 slots filled with shite before even accounting for consumables, mounts or other "nice to have" things on my action bars.

My UI is so clean these days and my regular use skills/cds occupy a small amount of real estate. I definitely don't want multiple rows of 10+ button action bars again filled with garbage utility/fluff skills I'll use once a year.
    SWTOR devs love a 7-15sec (more 15sec) cooldown on every ability, which immediately means you need like 10+ spells that do singletarget, and 10 that do multitarget if you want people to chaincast. It's the most ridiculous design flaw I've seen in a game, way too much spells that do in essence the exact same, meaning you end up with way too much keybinds needed for even the slightly above average player, no wonder the game failed gameplay wise. As the other parts are amazing imo.

What a holypriest in BFA is these days is what every class is in SWTOR; horrible cooldown-watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    "Proc" based rotations have always been boring to me, give me a normal spell rotation any time. All classes I've tried feel like the wotlk paladin now to me, even a holy priest cannot just heal anymore but has to watch 10 timers to alternate 10 spells which all have a long cooldown decreasing each others cooldown ZZZZzzzZz.

The only class that felt great to me was a resto shaman, feels oldskool still, hasn't changed that much. At least I can simply cast heals instead of waiting around like a hpriest and I do not _have_ to dps as a healer. (Which is also a big minus for me, I want to heal, not dps inbetween)

Go back to 2 specs per class, and fix those. They cannot seem to handle 36 ones, most feel the same. You'd think with ~36 specs they could at least enable every playstyle.
    Dps as a healer is important even in classic. Always has been. If you're not into that I strongly recommend that you change role, because healing won't suit you. Also you'll hold groups and raids back by not playing properly.

Harsh but true. Healers doing barely 1-2k dps in raids (dungeons) is infuriating.

What do you do when there's nothing to heal? Stand still? Overheal?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    After recently playing SWTOR again, I absolutely dread the return of old abilities in Shadowlands.

The ability bloat is insane in SWTOR, but it reminds me of the early days of WoW with 2 full bars of 12 slots and a side bar of another 12 slots for ~36 slots filled with shite before even accounting for consumables, mounts or other "nice to have" things on my action bars.

My UI is so clean these days and my regular use skills/cds occupy a small amount of real estate. I definitely don't want multiple rows of 10+ button action bars again filled with garbage utility/fluff skills I'll use once a year.
    It's the exact same shit in FF14, which was one of the reasons I ended up abandoning that game. having 30 abilities in your single target rotation isn't fun, engaging nor dynamic. But apparently some people love it, as evidenced by even some posts in this thread. Hopefully wow doesn't become that in Shadowlands because of the cries of the vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Dps as a healer is important even in classic. Always has been. If you're not into that I strongly recommend that you change role, because healing won't suit you. Also you'll hold groups and raids back by not playing properly.

Harsh but true. Healers doing barely 1-2k dps in raids (dungeons) is infuriating.

"Even in classic"...now? Maybe. Back in the day, healers were never forced to dps in group content. Before my first long break, which was halfway through Cata, healers having to dps was never an issue. It's one of those new-age min-max things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's the exact same shit in FF14, which was one of the reasons I ended up abandoning that game. having 30 abilities in your single target rotation isn't fun, engaging nor dynamic. But apparently some people love it, as evidenced by even some posts in this thread. Hopefully wow doesn't become that in Shadowlands because of the cries of the vocal minority.

"Even in classic"...now? Maybe. Back in the day, healers were never forced to dps in group content. Before my first long break, which was halfway through Cata, healers having to dps was never an issue. It's one of those new-age min-max things
    We've got different experiences there then I guess. Specially in earlier stages of the game and early expansions there weren't many mechanics in dungeons and on bosses in raids, and there were very often periods of little to no damage. I remember we had to replace a healer now and then because they literally did nothing several times during the fight. Like, what.

I suppose this became more common once tanks got more selfsustain. Around MoP I guess is the point where everyone expected healers to do dps.
    Hi

Classes feel hollow and like they are missing something. They didn't make the right changes to them after removing the artifacts, which were a huge part of how the classes were balanced around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm trying to sort this out. I personally thought classes felt awful in BFA.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?
    Meh... Once you get the right traits or the ones that give you a play-style you enjoy, pretty much every class is workable. Some are more interesting than others but, in some cases the whining is just whining and people simply punted rather than working towards getting the toons where they would be happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I disagree. SWTOR classes actually feel fun to use and have a fair bit of thought put into them.
    "Bloat" refers to too many unecessary skills, which SWTOR is absolutely filled to the brim with.

The rotational skills in SWTOR classes range from 4-8 skills, but then every class has 3-4 offensive CDs and 5-6 defensive CDs. Then 2 or more AoE skills, 2-3 CC skills and a handful of buffs or utility skills. Its just complete bloat and plenty of the skills could be rolled into each other or pruned entirely without affecting the core 4-8 rotational skills.

What Blizzard are advertising as "un-pruning" currently is almost entirely adding back in utility/situational skills that just fill action bar slots and offer no additional rotational depth. Not even Hammer of Wrath or Kill shot add rotational depth, its just a different filler skill when a boss is under X health.

This doesn't "fix" any class, it just adds back in some flavor skills and "fun" stuff. The rotation of a Frost mage doesn't change by adding Fireball to their skill pool. Hunter's don't gain any depth by having Hunters Mark baseline.

We do not need another 5-10 bar slots full of useless shit that is used once a week or buffs you cast once an hour.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2019-11-21 at 02:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

If you, as a non optimized healer with 'dps' spells wearing full +healing, no hit (note how you cannot compare bfa with classic), _need_ to dps in dungeons you pull too slow. And if you _need_ to dps in raids as a priest you bring too many healers, it's that simple. In BFA you actually _need_ to dps since you will not make completion timers in M+ / enrage timers in raids otherwise since it's tuned as such, not to mention a lot of classes benefitting in the healing department by doing dps like paladins and disc priests and dps is in their pure healing rotation no matter what.

Harsh but true here is, that you're clueless if you compare bfa and classic 1:1 and totally miss my point about dpsing as a healer.

I don't mind holy and i like to heal. But I utterly despise and loath what ret has become since Legion. Ret is a borefest both in animations and its horrible "rotation". Uhg. My ret spec is jealous of the prot rotation. Uhg.

I love demo lock.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    I think my biggest issue is just how similar and simplistic they all feel. Like, you generally only use 3 or 4 skills, but there's still so much ability bloat from skills given from talents and fun skills that should be there but are really only situational. (Like Far sight, slow fall, etc).

But as I said in another post, I play my demon hunter/enhance shaman/death knight, and they all feel like the same class. They all feel the same. Manage your random resource and press the button for whatever skill flashes on your screen. It's kind of mindless and none of them feel truly unique. But it's been this way since Legion. They had to redesign classes for the artifact weapons and in doing so they've managed to essentially make the majority of these specs feel the same.

There are other issues I have with things like Ele shaman, where they've put so much emphasis on lava instead of sticking with lightning as the main focus, which kind of made the spec less fun to me because it just feels like you're playing a destro lock or fire mage, spam basic abilities, skill lights up, press, spam basic abilities, skill lights up, press.

Anyway, this probably didn't make a whole lot of sense but I agree. It's frustrating coming back from a 3 year break and having to relearn everything because every expansion they redesign classes. I miss getting new unique abilities.
    nope, do not like most of them. Most of them have become stale versions of what they where. They went to far with bring the player not the class.
    A class should be both needed sometimes, but also a challange and fun to play. Still think removing tree form from druids made them into a priest with HoT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I do like current class design and philosophy to some extent. Let me explain,

I tend to try to learn to play alts all the time and having them simplified makes it much easier for me learn them and enjoy them. I found myself having too many alts in bfa switching between them based on mood.

I couldn’t do this in mop because classes were much more complicated to play.

In a way you could say that current class design is “alt friendly”
    This. Also very distinct if simplistic. Feels like 36 classes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Very much so. Classes are the best they've been since Mists. I hope they don't butcher them in the next expansion.
    ... Hah, that's funny

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    I like holy paladin, then they decide to nerf it to the ground.
    It'll still be a top tier healers in raids in 8.3.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This. Also very distinct if simplistic. Feels like 36 classes.
    Feels like 36 classes. That's true. But the problem with BFA is that it's easier to gear an alt then gear for an alt specc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

no and the problem is they keep listening to feed back

the gdc change everyone hates? its because people said they wanted more impactful buttons like...classic
    the pruning? everyone complained every class had too much utility
    azerite? people said artifact weapons were too complex.

i can only imagine how bad the covenents will be with their "feedback oriented" creation

i think blizzard should just stop listening to feedback and make the game the way they see fit.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2019-11-21 at 05:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc priest is the best ever. Shame about the constant nerfs. I also liked prot warrior.