Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    A question? What is so bad with Holy Power? Is it to slow or is it "just boring"? I Main a Holy Paladin and i dabble in Retri and with Legion and BFA i have loved the Retri spec while before i really didnt like it that much.
    Holy power strips all impact from the class for me with how fast it’s built and how much you spam the spenders it feels like your doing a short crappy loop of flashy spells with no substance. It might not be actually bad number wise but the feel of it has never clicked with me.

The only class i enjoy is the Havoc Demon Hunter!
    And thats bc he has only two Specs... the y are well designed and dont allow the DH to fill every needet Spot, that means he has his role and thats fine with me..
    The other classes with 3 or more specs have Problmes with the class identity... A prist for example is a Healer class, so is there a need to bring 2 healing specs and a Dps Spec?
    I think it would be far better to have the Healing spec as Healing and the Discipline spec as Dps or switch the Discipline spec with shadow, but give the Class overall more Baseline abilities. So player who are playing priests know, they are a healer class or for solo Pve a dps class. A Warrior can Tank as a Spec and have tow more Dps Specs, but why ? wouldnt it be better to make one Spec but with more Class-fantasy? Combine Arms with Furry so they can cpmlement eayh other ? Imo it would make a lot of sense.
    In the end my Point is, we have far to many Specs and almost every class can Almost play every Role, no one feels Special fitting every Role instead beeing a part of a Chain XD

As a warlock main: No, I don't like my class. Affliction is dreadful; your Dots do nearly no damage and shadowbold feels absolutly out of place. I've never been a fan of the new Unstable Affliction functionality and in BfA it got worse. What else got worse? AoE. Seed of corruption is nearly useless right now and apart from the highest levels of M+ all the mobs will be dead by the time you got agony stacked on a trashpack. So you're basically a worse SP/Owl in that regard. Also you really only get to play the game every 1.5 minutes or so. Outside of Darkglare time(which does over 50% of your total damage in 10% active time) you have 3 jobs: keep up Dots (which do no damage, but still), spam shadowbolt (which amount to over half of your total casts in a fight and do not even do 10% of your damage), don't stand in fire. Coming from MoP or even Legion this spec feels like a huge donwgrade. In MoP you had snapshotting to keep track of (and a channeled filler, amongst many other nice things). In Legion, while essentially the same spec, you had better AoE capacity and soul flame, which was immensly fun to watch, albeit not useful in Raids.

Destruction is as simple as ever and I don't like that, never did. Keep up one DoT, use conflag when available, spam incinerate, wait for proc or CD and dump Chaosbolt. So far so basic. Problem is: your Chaos bolt, your big spender does nothing. In previous expansions it obliterated your enemies, now it tickles them a bit. Your Main damage comes from the time when your Infernal is active, other than that you could go afk until you CDs are back up and you would still do 80% of your potential damage. This is very similar to Affliction and extremely boring as well. But at least your AoE is better. Not good, but better.

Demo feels the most fun to me, especially with Explosive Potential. Your AoE can be good, but not great. Your single Target rotation can be considered fun. But, alas, the method to do by far the most damage is *drumroll*: Play around a 1,5 minute (or a little less) CD and idle in the meantime. Don't get me wrong, this ist a HUGE upgrade over the Legion style of Demo (which, to be honest didn't exist), but compared to the MoP style, where you turned into a halfgod while in Demo (and especially in an execute phase), it's still a letdown. The potential is already there (Netherportal for example), but its untappable at the moment. Also: Demo is the most complicated spec of all WL specs, but does the least damage in raids atm. Which is sad. But on the plus side, it's better in M+, so there's that.

So, do I like WL? No. Could I like it? maybe. Was MoP style lightyears ahead? yes (praise Xelnath). Are Demonhunters the reason, WL is in this state? probably.
    Also, where is the glyph which let me waterwalk on my Dreadsteed? Why did that have to go???

Tldr:

Warlock specs are all based around a long CD, which is unnecessary and not fun.

Some specs feel ok, others feel like garbage after the gcd changes, and almost -all- of them feel overly homogenized. Depruning won't help that imo but it's worth a shot

I played elemental competitively in Pandaria and came back for BFA. Didn't play WOD or Legion. Elemental is objectively more complex and subjectively more engaging to play than it was in Pandaria. There is also significantly more talent diversity. At no point do I push "3-4" buttons. I have a handful that are pressed rotationally and a full spellbook of situational spells that need to be keybound. That's perfect. Anymore and i'm reaching halfway to Africa to cast my spells.

I also have a Havoc demon hunter, which is literally the most fun spec in the game.

Not sure where people get these ideas or if they are just products of the endless echo chamber.

Edit: Warlocks were broken in MoP because they were the best at everything and had no weaknesses. That is not good class design even if it's fun to play.
    Last edited by puddypounce; 2019-11-14 at 02:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    most classes and specs i play it fel terrible to me, i have abandon my warrior, DK, hunter and finally the warlock, now trying to et something done with a shaman but soon i can see him falling behind other classes

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    For the first time since Vanilla I actually switched mains in BfA from Warlock to Warrior, so when it comes to Affliction Warlocks I certainly agree.
    ironic since i swamp from warrior to warlock, arms is a garbage spec who feel bad and is bad

Im playing mostly DK and no i hate it.. this is the first expansion that made me quit raiding for now. Legion class design was annoying but legendaries and weapons made the class feel somewhat fine, BFA however is terrible.. slow and clunky to play. GCD changes added much to this. Half of the class talents are useless and i never used most of them this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Snip
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Snip
    Indeed, I dislike that UA is now a spender and most of the power of dots was shifted into that, I'd much rather have all my dots deal decent damage than have 1 dot deal good damage and barely last a few secs while the others are there for show mostly, also wish we could move away from cd based gameplay for all lock specs.

I was quite disappointed with the changes to my MW, but quite enjoying my resto druid and BM hunter alts

No. My demo lock was RUINED going into legion, and my veng DH was neutered going into BFA.

My veng DH in legion could effortlessly solo a 40 man raid team composed of my veng DH in BFA.

You should never be able to look back at yourself from -10 levels ago and tremble in fear

BFA made me quit wow, if the classes aren't fun then neither are the raids and pvp. I want to come back for shadowlands and most likely will but tbh there's not much to be excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by smitey View Post
    BFA made me quit wow, if the classes aren't fun then neither are the raids and pvp. I want to come back for shadowlands and most likely will but tbh there's not much to be excited about.
    agree, they won't do it because they fear messing it up again even worse but they desperately need to revamp every single class/spec in the game. Most are absolutely broken or just not fun to play.

I'm having more fun playing a prot warrior in classic than a veng DH in retail; and that shouldn't be the case

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Very much love playing my mage.
    - Dare not to sleep -

I really liked the classes in BFA: it's the grindiness that kept me from playing. Since Vanilla I've been wanting more spec identity. We finally got it to where every spec feels like its own mini class. No idea why people want to go back to the bland, generalized class identities we had before..

Been championing the cause of ability pruning too. Want Blizzard to make more interesting abilities that have depth to them and how they react with other abilities and reduce the amount of freaking keybinds we use. 30+ keybinds is too many and that's what I feel like I gotta do. It's no wonder they have problems with classes stepping on each other's design as it were: how unique is a class gonna be when you have to have so many abilities.

Yet here we are undoing the pruning for garbage like Blessings and Fireball in Frost spec. Quantity is better than quality, I guess. People are praising them for it. Nostalgia is a poison.

Definitely will not be continuing with WoW. Finally, I suppose.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Agreed, nostalgia is a poison.

Classic WoW is fine, its a separate product and you can choose to play classic or retail.

But bringing back old pruned abilities for the sake of fan service is just adding bloat and doesn't improve classes. Talents are the biggest problems among all classes, with dead tiers where the choice is meaningless to completely unbalanced tiers where only 1 option is the right option for back to back expansions.

Hopefully, the one positive from making loads of stuff baseline is that is leaves gaps in current talent trees that can be filled with new interesting talents and a reshuffle of the tiers in general as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    Depends on spec. I enjoy demonology warlock and believe BFA demonology is the best iteration ever. However destro lock is absolutely garbage since WoD

Personally I don't like how many skills feel like fillers you have to press just for sake pressing something. It is especially bad with builder specs where your skills hits like wet noodles until you push your spender.
    Demo lock isn't not only the best iteration ever, it is also the best spec that was ever done. Nothing even remotely comes close, since 15 years we didn't have any jewel like this.

Timeless incontestable masterpiece.

About destro, i like to joke around with my raid team that Warlock = Lamborghini BUT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrayygoSham View Post
    Holy shit. You sound like you never even touched elemental in the first place. I would say we are the second most mobile class right now. While you are technically correct, that we are less mobile than BM, we are far more mobil than all other range classes. Second to that, Elemental is not even close to Hunter Gameplay whatsoever (and i play all 3 Hunter Specs, too). Tell me whats similar to Hunters
    It is true that I haven't played Shaman since the "rework" that happened in Legion. As for similarity to hunters, I was more referring to Hunters back in WoD (Before Survival was melee), in which all 3 specs basically had a cast-time "filler" (Cobra, Steady, and whatever the shot was for Survival, I think it was also Cobra shot?), and "spenders". Basically taking a fairly unique playstyle and, at the time, turning it into a copy-paste of Hunters.

Of course, Hunters have since then been reworked themselves, so it's probably not as similar anymore. But it's still an overall detriment that forced a number of changes on a spec solely for the sake of change. Shaman's recieved no improvements from the rework. Unique playstyles are dead, and you have 2 specs that now play similarily to every other spec in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    This is the 2nd worst overall class design behind only Vanilla imo. My favorite class (Hunter) is completely ruined from it's glory days of MoP.
    amen... Hunter just feels so clunky and slow. Hunter used to be fun, one of the more fun classes to play or at least engaging. Now it feels frustrating,

Playing a hunter right now: It's like trying to get your old car to start knowing it 's on it's last legs and you try and try and try but it wont start, and when it does it chugs and clunks along the road while other cars go zooming past, meanwhile you got an appointment to get to but there you are just chugging away, and the wheels don't turn properly and then there's a leak. You then take you car to the garage to get it fixed only for the guys at the garage to say "Working as intended" )
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-14 at 04:50 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I play 10 chars and like most of their specs. class design and balance is better than it's ever been
    So you never played MoP or even wod.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I haven't played BFA for a while, so I'm not able to comment. When I did play BFA and leveled most of my alts(of which I only play 1 spec from each class and not in progression raiding or pvp for any of them(except MW monk)), about half were okay, half were bad, and the GCD brought them all down a bit from Legion. However, they have probably fixed a lot of that by now, I assume(hope).