Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    It was not just Garithoa Kael hated but all the alliance leader and members who just stood aside and ofc Kael blamed Jaina for not seein Arthas as the monster he was.

Also he would most likely learn about purge of dalaran and it would make his blood boil and similiraries on how alliance leadera acted then and with Garithos.
    Which alliance members are you talking about?
    Stood aside for what?
    As for Jaina he was in love with her. I find it hard to believe that he would have fought her, and not punishing the dudes who helped an Orc to slaughter an entire city.

People really trying to say...

that Kael'thas the "living" embodiment of Sin'dorei will support High Elves or even .... Alliance and their human-wifes? You are not serious. This is really ... wau. High Elves fans indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    The next expansion is supposed to gravitate away from faction politics but I can’t hope but view Kael’s confirmed appearance in Velendreth as an opportunity for Thalassians — all Thalassians — to get his take on how events have unfolded.

As we help him hunt his enemy I imagine Blood Elf players wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to converse with him. And, while he exited the Alliance, he never formally joined the Horde either. This should leave the door wide open for Alleria, Vereesa, Sunfury/Scryers/Shattered Sun remnants, the Quel’dorei, Ren’dorei, and Horde-skeptical Sin’dorei (like Sanguinar) to speak with the rightful heir to Quel’Thalas. It would particularly go a long way toward mending fences if he is hunting Grand Marshall Garithos and the Alliance helps him.

Though Kael is dead, the possibilities of undeath can legally muddy things - as was evidenced by the Barov family fortune. Coming back to Azeroth as something as extravagant as one of Bolvar’s San’layn may not even be necessary, as merely communicating with the crown prince can give us an idea of what the Sunstrider Dynasty’s will with regard to succession would have been if they were asked. And with a word Kael could name Alleria or Arator or someone his successor and create some real Game of Thrones political conflict storytelling that gives the Alliance claim to Quel’Thalas, and the Horde reason to challenge it.
    didnt like every blood elf ever abandon kael thas after he made his pact with KJ and abandoned the elves in trist for power?

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    People really trying to say...

that Kael'thas the "living" embodiment of Sin'dorei will support High Elves or even .... Alliance and their human-wifes? You are not serious. This is really ... wau. High Elves fans indeed.
    Yea because he totally not wanted a human wife for himself, right ?
    He also would totally be fine with the blood elves who immediately turned on him instead of helping him because they couldn't wait to loot their prince.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Funny that you blame them for being racist because they didn't embrace the faction that destroyed their Kingdom and showed pride in it (isn't the capital of the Horde named ORGRIMmar?), while insulting Alleria for being with a human (you know the race which helped the helves against the trolls and the orcs for +1000 years).
    A race she never gave a second thought about outside of Turalyon. Orcs a race she stopped hating at the end of Beyond the Dark Portal. Also she was the most fanatic Thalassian loyalist. Everything she did was for Quel'thalas. So her becoming human loving alliance fanatic destroyed her character.

Yea because he totally not wanted a human wife for himself, right?

True.I think you got it!

It means that High Elves have this ancient curse that forcing all Windrunners want intercourse with humans. But fel ot Sunwell light can heal it!

But this means that High Elves are curse and must be purifed. So noting good for Alliance either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    A race she never gave a second thought about outside of Turalyon. Orcs a race she stopped hating at the end of Beyond the Dark Portal. Also she was the most fanatic Thalassian loyalist. Everything she did was for Quel'thalas. So her becoming human loving alliance fanatic destroyed her character.
    Well obviously she didn't stop hating the Orcs. It's in her wc2 description btw. She can be a Thalassian patriot but still be against their politics. Iirc she was the one who wanted to support the alliance during wc2. Once she left the helves quit the alliance.

Well obviously she didn't stop hating the Orcs. It's in her wc2 description btw. She can be a Thalassian patriot but still be against their politics. Iirc she was the one who wanted to support the alliance during wc2. Once she left the helves quit the alliance.
    Yes. She was one of the few high elves who rushed to defend Lordaeron and understood pretty quickly just how grave of a threat the evil orcs were.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Yeah, Kael supporting Lor’themar is absolutely a possibility too. Who can say how he feels? He’s done an amazing job as Regeant Lord and is frankly one of, if not the, most interesting leaders of the Horde, evolving since probably Tides of War or so and that’s specifically because of his political maneuvering.

And Lor’themar’s perpetually evident capability is precisely why I want to give this subjective “win” of the support of Kael to the Alliance. Because Lor’themar doesn’t need it. His work stands on its own. When the Blood Elves needed a leader he rose to the challenge and lead them through the darkness, and they know that; laws on the book be damned. I just want to see the Thalassian of the Alliance get thrown a bone.
    Considering that Lor'themar joined a genocidal Horde which served Sylvanas in creating as much death as possible to empower the Jailor, I think Kael'thas would feel morally disgusted by him.

I know Heroes is non-canon, but doesn't Kael talk shit about Silvermoon joining the Horde?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Considering that Lor'themar joined a genocidal Horde which served Sylvanas in creating as much death as possible to empower the Jailor, I think Kael'thas would feel morally disgusted by him.
    The Legion he joined was rather universally genocidal. It will be interesting to see which values he holds nowadays.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

The Legion he joined was rather universally genocidal. It will be interesting to see which values he holds nowadays.
    Yeah, but they did it to stop horrifying insane eldritch abominations who want to corrupt the entire universe into some form of madmans nightmare. The Blood Elves under Lor'themar participated in a genocide because Sylvanas told them to do so, without any other reason or motive. Kael'thas fell into the hands of the burning legion after being corrupted by the greatest schemer in the universe. Lor'themar supported Sylvanas in her genocide and any war crime voluntarily, without any deception or corruption.

God i hope they dont dig up his corpse to shit on his lore even more than they did in burning crusade. Hes the reason high elves left the alliance (well garithos actually) in the first place, why shit on him even further?
    He deserves redemption from the Bc villian batting he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I know Heroes is non-canon, but doesn't Kael talk shit about Silvermoon joining the Horde?
    No? Not even once. He even snitched over clues to Lor’themar how to find mag'har orcs in Outland. Like where do you think rommath got his anti human hate from? Kael'thas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    True.I think you got it!

It means that High Elves have this ancient curse that forcing all Windrunners want intercourse with humans. But fel ot Sunwell light can heal it!

But this means that High Elves are curse and must be purifed. So noting good for Alliance either.
    Alleria and Vereesa and their Silver covenant meatshields care for the alliance and their humans husband's first. The kingdom last. I don't understand high elf fans grasping at every tiny straw. It's certainly getting annoying.

Kael'thas betrayed his people for power. No elf, Blood, Void or High should trust him and care about his opinions.

I cant believe you guys are wasting your time debating such a nobody when we finally have access to the greatest character in the game for the first time in almost a decade.

Cairne Bloodhoof will be back. Vegetables will be eaten. Portions will be finished.

Hopefully he gets a redemption arc too because he tried and failed to save the horde he believed in, the one that gave his people both a physical and spiritual place to call home. I imagine his soul would be somewhat tortured by the betrayal and then watching his horde get destroyed by terrible leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    Kael'thas betrayed his people for power. No elf, Blood, Void or High should trust him and care about his opinions.
    He didn't really betray them as much as he joined the Legion because he was enticed by Kil'jaeden's promises of power and at the same time disappointed in Illidan's decisions. He still had the best of Quel'thalas in mind, he just made dubious allegiances which led to his madness. Which is why the Arbiter believes he can still be redeemed, hence why he is in Revendreth and not the Maw.

For this reason, he actually has a lot of similarities with the Ren'dorei, since they both dabbled in shadowy powers for the sake of Quel'thalas. Ironically it's the Ren'dorei who, more than anyone else, would understand Kael'thas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly more interested in Quinton Flynn reprising his role more than anything else. He reprised it for the Blood Elf heritage scenario. But seeing as that was a flashback it didn't really count IMO.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Rommath told him about the partnership with the horde and he seems to be fine with it. Now please stop using kael'thas as your straw for playable alliance aligned Quel'thalas. I'm getting tired of it. The highelf mega thread is where you should go.
    This.. kael was there when that human garrithos(yup still alliance) kinda gave up the elves and let them to rott.

Hes defo not the bridge these high elf fans talking about and if you all played warcraft 2(most fans get their high elf love from there) also played 3 and th4ozen throne. So they should know why kael is not a damn bridge.

I would advise these fans the same as you did.. is go to your high elf thread and leave kael alone lol.

Kael was already mistreated and making him alleria boyfriend or what ever will make it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why would he back an elf with more loyalty to the Alliance and the Kirin Tor (Both of who Kael hated) than her own people? Why would anyone care who he backed?

High Elf fans, I swear to god.
    Alliance fans are all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Please make him alive again. Be a leader of the Elves, one of types, I don't care.

#justiceforkael'thas
    May Quel'thalas be a kingdom again!

#justiceforkael'thas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Kael'thas better be eternally regretful for the shit he pulled. It'd be nice for him to symbolically grant the crown to Lor'themar, who finally accepts the title.
    Lor'themar should be thrown into the Maw with Baine and the rest of Alliance fanatics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    Wouldn't Vereesa hate Kael'thas though, considering hes the one that introduced the mana-sucking practices that her and the other old-school High Elves considered so abhorrent?
    Yes, she would.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.