Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Lots of elves still hate Kael for what he did to his people. Why would that change?
    If he’s remorseful he could seek forgiveness for his actions. But I was more thinking of legality, however elves define it. One way or another Lor’themar’s title of Regent Lord should come to an end as a regency implies a temporary state of governance that’s borrowing power from a legitimate monarchy. But Anasterian wanted to be the last king, so they need to work out what that’s going to mean going forward.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Kael'thas probably won't return to Azeroth. Once he is redeemed he will most likely go to Bastion to be "purified" into a kyrian. Before he does so, he might decide a new leader of Quel'thalas though. Whether he will choose Alleria, Theron, or someone else, it remains to be seen. But this issue probably will be addressed. It's time for Quel'thalas to find an official leader.
    It would be horrible to make him kyrian. I hope we will get to kill the Archon and exterminate all the brainwashers first.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    This. Just this.

Besides, Lor'themar is the ruler of Silvermoon now, and dare I say he's doing a better job than Kael ever did. Just accept this already people. As for Kael, idk what he became after TBC, but he's no longer the prince or king of Quel'thalas. He has no right to appoint a successor.

Kael'thas deserves Illidan's infamous title more than Illidan himself did.
    It's not permanent, though. Lor'themar has shown he'll give up the position first chance he gets. There's just no one to give it up to. Lady Liadrin would be the next most likely candidate, but she would also just be a temporary leader. Is it like 100% confirmed in lore the blood elves are completely over a monarchy? I know Kael'thas had no heir, but that's the long-term plan? Lor'themar doesn't have kids either. I guess since elves live thousands of years, it's not something they worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Is it like 100% confirmed in lore the blood elves are completely over a monarchy? I know Kael'thas had no heir, but that's the long-term plan?

See that’s kind of the irony of the thread. Folks are done with the Sunstrider monarchy because they’re mad at Kael and see it as an act of defiance, but the Sunstriders themselves were done with their monarchy. Honestly the high elf Renthar’s inquiry here is precisely what makes me think the Alliance could push a claim. Did Kael have bastards? Or brothers? Did Anasterian?

- - - Updated - - -

Also might be worth noting that this short story was initially just a winning fanfic writing contest entry back in like late Wrath (I didn't win ) that's been codified into canon lore with like just a few amendments.

- - - Updated - - -

Yuge fan though. Sarah Pine is probably my favorite Blizzard writer.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2019-11-21 at 09:16 PM. Reason: fixed pic
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    If he’s remorseful he could seek forgiveness for his actions. But I was more thinking of legality, however elves define it. One way or another Lor’themar’s title of Regent Lord should come to an end as a regency implies a temporary state of governance that’s borrowing power from a legitimate monarchy. But Anasterian wanted to be the last king, so they need to work out what that’s going to mean going forward.
    I mean, if it were me it would take a lot more than him being remorseful. He almost destroyed their entire race and became a genocidal maniac.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

See that’s kind of the irony of the thread. Folks are done with the Sunstrider monarchy because they’re mad at Kael and see it as an act of defiance, but the Sunstriders themselves were done with their monarchy. Honestly the high elf Renthar’s inquiry here is precisely what makes me think the Alliance could push a claim. Did Kael have bastards? Or brothers? Did Anasterian?

- - - Updated - - -

Also might be worth noting that this short story was initially just a winning fanfic writing contest entry back in like late Wrath (I didn't win ) that's been codified into canon lore with like just a few amendments.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, could definitely be left for a future Blood Elf story if Anasterian or Kael'thas did have some bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's not permanent, though. Lor'themar has shown he'll give up the position first chance he gets. There's just no one to give it up to. Lady Liadrin would be the next most likely candidate, but she would also just be a temporary leader. Is it like 100% confirmed in lore the blood elves are completely over a monarchy? I know Kael'thas had no heir, but that's the long-term plan? Lor'themar doesn't have kids either. I guess since elves live thousands of years, it's not something they worry about.
    Imagine Lor'themar turning the Quel'thalas into a republic. Democracy fuck yeah!

Aside from that lulzy exclamation, they should finally make the Triumvirate (Lor'themar, Rommath, Halduron as the official rulers of Quel'thalas) official.

Or, if that's not going to happen why the lore dudes haven't written a novel about Lor'themar, his self doubts, weariness of being the regent-lord, and most importantly his efforts to groom a successor to pass on the title (I mean, he probably tried doing this, not that we truly know) and so on?

They never developed him the way they should have.
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2019-11-21 at 09:52 PM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Kael'thas probably won't return to Azeroth. Once he is redeemed he will most likely go to Bastion to be "purified" into a kyrian. Before he does so, he might decide a new leader of Quel'thalas though. Whether he will choose Alleria, Theron, or someone else, it remains to be seen. But this issue probably will be addressed. It's time for Quel'thalas to find an official leader.
    Alleria can go die in a fire. The current triumvirate is the best thing which happened to the Thallassian Elves regarding rulership.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    Imagine Lor'themar turning the Quel'thalas into a republic. Democracy fuck yeah!
    Pff as if it is more likely the other will finally push him to take the crown, and since he might hook up with Thalyssra, Quel'thalas and suramar might become a single nation.

Btw the only canon democracy of note was recently turned into a monarchy, all hail King Gelbin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Alleria can go die in a fire. The current triumvirate is the best thing which happened to the Thallassian Elves regarding rulership.
    It is basically their old high elf government with their council of lords. Lor'themar just has the last word nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    and since he might hook up with Thalyssra
    Nah man. Liadrin & Lor'themar best ship. Too bad it's one sided on Lor'themar's part.

That's canon, right? AFAIK Lor'themar loves Liadrin, who considers him a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    the only canon democracy of note was recently turned into a monarchy, all hail King Gelbin
    Admittedly, I haven't gone through BfA with good reason, but what the fuck. That doesn't paint a nice picture on Glebin without more context.

Oh well, it's a fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Alleria can go die in a fire.
    Take notes ladies and gentlemen. This man might be a prophet. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2019-11-22 at 10:59 PM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Unless we will have a retcon-fest again, Lyandra Sunstrider was possibly the last scion of the Sunstrider line, and even her claim was deemed not enough for the crown of Quel'thalas, that's why she wanted to recover Felo'melorn. So I doubt we'll see any rightful claimant.

Kael'thas will never rule the elves. He made his last mistake when he sided with the Scourge. Liadrin might be the only one who still respects Kael'thas because he saved her in the novel.

Blood elves are the strongest race on Azeroth. Other races will be devastated when they leave the Horde.

Shadowlands will be a cheap redemption arc for Kael'thas. Mark my words.

I think it goes like this:

1. We meet Kael'thas in the Shadowlands.
    2. He tries to redeem himself.
    3. Everyone thinks he's cool now. Tyrande asks him to join the night elves.
    4. Liadin asks him to join the blood elves.
    5. Tyrande declares war on the blood elves. The blood elves kill most of the remaining night elves in a huge fight.
    6. Lorthemar says that Kael'thas will never join the blood elves.
    7. Liadrin starts a rebellion and joins the remaining night elves. They try to assassinate Lorthemar but they fail because Malfurion intervenes.
    8. Malfurion says that Kael'thas is a descentant of an old god. If Kael'thas is killed all the old gods will die with him.
    9. Kael'thas kills himself and saves the world. He is finally redeemed in everyone's eyes.
    10. Huge statues of Kael'thas erected in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    Kael'thas will never rule the elves. He made his last mistake when he sided with the Scourge. Liadrin might be the only one who still respects Kael'thas because he saved her in the novel.

Blood elves are the strongest race on Azeroth. Other races will be devastated when they leave the Horde.

5. Tyrande declares war on the blood elves. The blood elves kill most of the remaining night elves in a huge fight.
    7. Liadrin starts a rebellion and joins the remaining night elves. They try to assassinate Lorthemar but they fail because Malfurion intervenes.
    8. Malfurion says that Kael'thas is a descentant of an old god. If Kael'thas is killed all the old gods will die with him.
    9. Kael'thas kills himself and saves the world. He is finally redeemed in everyone's eyes.
    Kael'thas never sided with the Scourge. I assume you meant the Burning Legion. Dar'khan Drathir was the one who sided with the Scourge.
    Blood elves are not the strongest race on Azeroth, don't use your head-cannon please (and I'm saying this as a blood elf player).
    I'm not sure if the points you've made are humorous reference to the nightborne (or possibly Me'dan?) and Blizzard ability to pull stories out of their ..., but if you did not - why the hell would Tyrande care about Kael'thas? Why would any blood elf want to join the Night Elves? Why on earth would Kael'thas be Old God related?

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitar29 View Post
    why the hell would Tyrande care about Kael'thas? Why would any blood elf want to join the Night Elves? Why on earth would Kael'thas be Old God related?
    They are both elves. And Tyrande just lost most of her people during BFA. She needs a new commander.

They are both elves. And Tyrande just lost most of her people during BFA. She needs a new commander.
    Tyrande is now possesed by her own vengence, fueled by the Night Warrior's power. She doesn't need anyone. And we don't know how many Night elves died on that tree. She's not going to ally with the Blood elves, she has no reason to do so.

Hilarious and ridiculous as fuck. Nice troll.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-23 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Received Infraction