Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Doesn’t average American have some kind of 401k pension plan as long as they work? Or can your companies screw you on that as well?
    I've read that about only half of US employers offer a 401k plan, and of those, about 50% of employees partake in it. My employer offers one, I currently don't participate.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017...ve-a-401k.aspx

Pensions muddy these stats a bit, but pensions in the US have been extremely rare for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I've read that about only half of US employers offer a 401k plan, and of those, about 50% of employees partake in it.
    Fucking yikes.
    Well, this forum tends to do a lot of outrage grandstanding and hand-waving about "evil stockholders" but the fact is that majority of those are just "normal people" through 401k institutional investments (I'm a Swede and part of my pension plan has ATVI shares).

Once the Classic hype dies down completely which it inevitably will the game will suffer its final demise. Sad that the game has to rely on a 15 year old patch for life support. We have truly corrupt short-sighted execs and shite Devs to thank for this.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Aside from the average not owning stock.
    Poor people buy Apple products. Middle class buys Apple products. Smart people buy Apple stock. You work for me.