View Poll Results: Is this offensive to say?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • No it’s not offensive at all

31 34.07%
  • Yes it’s very offensive

4 4.40%
  • Ok Boomer

56 61.54%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    According to what I’ve seen and read it is to boomers
    Shrug
    You're talking to someone that thinks there's nothing wrong with the N Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You're talking to someone that thinks there's nothing wrong with the N Word.
    Thanks for telling me. They are now on my ignore list
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Boomer is what they call a boom operator on set, so people need a new word haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't baby boomers the ones basically blaming all of life's problems on Millennials? Seems kinda funny that they're now offended when people say that.

If it is boomers getting offended, I have no idea, I don't care enough to read up about it, but the mere fact that some people are compared it to racial slurs makes this absolutely hilarious and I will as such strive to use it more

It's a pretty dumb phrase that isn't even applied correctly in many cases, given that it's not even directed at actual boomers.

Furthermore, it can be argued that there's an element of ageism involved. Which is hilarious given the sort of person to use it - proving that they're not actually as against discrimination as they pretend to be.

I have a feeling that the Altruist Cult from GTA 5 will soon become a reality.

Boomers are a blight on this country and the world.

Once they got into power they refused to pay for the cost of everything and now we are stuck with 23 trillion dollars in debt and 100's of trillions in underfunded liabilities, social security and Medicare.

But then they will cry that they "paid their fair share"

Can't wait for this ugly war crazy generation to just die off and pass into the sunset.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Careful. Most of your parents are boomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's a pretty dumb phrase that isn't even applied correctly in many cases, given that it's not even directed at actual boomers.

Furthermore, it can be argued that there's an element of ageism involved. Which is hilarious given the sort of person to use it - proving that they're not actually as against discrimination as they pretend to be.
    Ok Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Boomer is what they call a boom operator on set, so people need a new word haha.
    Let’s add on to this boomer meme:

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ok Boomer.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ok Boomer.
    See, it's pithy elegance just blew a big hole in all culture war crap of a reply.

Thanks millenials.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The average person is stupid. The average 50-70 year old is even dumber.
    The average person is, by definition, average. Not stupid, not smart. Average. That is why it is called average...

As far as I know, the world stopped getting smarter and is in fact getting dumber (source: https://www.livescience.com/37095-hu...or-dumber.html)
    So I guess the average 50-70year old is smarter than the average younger person (which is you (and me)). It is a statistical guess since I don't know you personally, but chances are so.

In sort: Amazing! Every word in that sentence was wrong!
    Last edited by d00mGuArD; 2019-11-08 at 08:02 PM.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is comedy gold

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's making me laugh seeing boomers get offended by such a sassy retort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomers think "OK Boomer" is new.

Also the irony in people getting made at it when 'Millennial' has been a pejorative for damn near 20 years. Poor generations after Millenials can barely carve out a identity for themselves because of it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Boomers think "OK Boomer" is new.

Also the irony in people getting made at it when 'Millennial' has been a pejorative for damn near 20 years. Poor generations after Millenials can barely carve out a identity for themselves because of it.
    Best part is Gen Z teens came up with Ok boomer. At least the article I read stated that.

Same article stated teens just use that statement to describe someone who is willfully ignorant, isn’t open minded, hates any change, and dislikes science.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    It's a pretty brainless meme phrase, and the people using it sound like three year olds who just learned a new word and are using it to describe everything they see whether it fits or not. Is that offensive? Not really. Says more about the speaker than the target.
    Actually, it says more about those who get offended than the speaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Odd that older people might be sensitive about their age or being labeled in a way that makes them feel irrelevant. Also odd that older people would have the same kinds of worries about young people that they have for thousands of years. If any of this surprises you, I don't know what to tell you /shrug
    And yet you are here apologizing for older people but attacking younger people for doing the same.

Whatever happened to elders being expected to act more mature and more like adults than the younger generations?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    The average person is, by definition, average. Not stupid, not smart. Average. That is why it is called average...

As far as I know, the world stopped getting smarter and is in fact getting dumber (source: https://www.livescience.com/37095-hu...or-dumber.html)
    So I guess the average 50-70year old is smarter than the average younger person (which is you (and me)). It is a statistical guess since I don't know you personally, but chances are so.

In sort: Amazing! Every word in that sentence was wrong!
    The average IQ is 90-100. I hope you know 90 is below average. Everything under 90 is learning disability. 120 is when people are defined as smart

Why the hell are millennials getting in on this like this is your meme? Keep your filthy, avocado-toast eating hands off of our top tier Gen Z memes!